Recommendations For Competent Chiropractor?

ricardofel

I have already contacted Dr. Parry, and received the following back within 15 minutes:

Thank you for your email. If you are in Chiangmai the details are as follows:

I charge 1,000 Baht here at my home clinic in Doi Saket however I will be working at the Rajavej Hospital (opposite the Holiday Inn Hotel on the Chiangmai - Lampoon Rd) starting on the 28th February (Tues & Fri 1pm - 7pm) & we will be charging 800 Baht initially for the first 3 months.

To answer your other question, I don't sell courses so there are no minimum number of visits. The goal is to work with you according to your needs and my experience is that most issues can be resolved between 2 and 6 visits.

Regards,

--

Dr Philip Parry BSc Chiro (Hons), MSc Chiro (Paeds), FCC

Chiropractor (UK & Thai registered)

Great news since the hospital is a lot closer than Doi Saket. Hope this information helps others. I plan to see him soon.

Yes he is there on Tuesday's and Fridays in the afternoon. i went to him twice the first time he adjusted my tail bone. He said this m will hurt a little bit. I was grateful for that. I have had experience with various Chiropractors over the years and never received any help from one who was painless. He helped me tremendously and I went back next week he did some further adjustments told me that was all he could do for the rest I would need physio Therapy. He did how ever say I could drop in every once and a while for a tune up on my lower back. As a rule it does not bother me much but when it gets out real bad I find one or two visits to a Chiropractor get me right back to the normal used to no problem pain.

In the past I would go several times when I was back in Canada. Now about once a year here will do the trick.

I saw Dr Parry 2 days ago. I cannot speak too highly about him. The back pains I went to see him about were not his within his scope, they were for a cardiologist. He referred me on to a superb cardiologist who has given me the first accurate diagnosis after 6 weeks of trailing around various doctors and hospitals.

I thought Dr Parry was very proficient and his examination was thorough. Incidently I did leave his surgery bring able to turn my head and look over my shoulders, which I have not been able to do for many years.

Seeing Dr Parry was money well spent

You must have recovered very quickly from the surgery !blink.png

#uptheos - chiropractic has been legally recognised in Thailand for a few years now, so anyone you see should have a thai licence on top of their western education. Dr Don and Dr Parry mentioned above both have licences.

Thanks for the info....what type of liability insurance do they carry, any idea, or do you have to sign a disclaimer?

What type of liability do they carry here in Thailand.passifier.gif Good one can just see a Farong suing a doctor for malpractice here in Thailand.

Seriously though I heard that they had to be licensed in another country first.

Rumor is that the hospital across from the Holiday inn is going to get one for on staff. I had heard that they had a good physio department there.giggle.gif

You got it in one!

Rumor from where?

Yes, their physio dept is good.

Kuhn Phillip has his surgery at Rajavej every Friday at 6pm, that's the closest they have to him being on staff - BTW, Phillip is Timonei (sp) trained.

Edited by chiang mai

After 3 weeks of discomfort, acupuncture, and massage (both of which helped but did not solve the problem) I went to see Dr. Krit Thongpaeng, a Taipei-trained chiropractor and a good one.His office, manned by his wife and new baby, is in the circle that runs around the Maninarakorn Hotel at 99/16 Srdonchai Rd., in the storefront office to the left. The sign above the door says, simply 'Tiens'.He is not a common 'neck cracker'. He does a thorough exam and evaluation and tells you what the problem is. Then he spends time using pressure points to loosed up the spastic muscles, followed by a firm manipulation. My criterion for choosing body-workers is that if they can't fix you on the first visit they'll never be able to. he did. Hence this recommendation.Don't be put off by the chaoric surroundings. 500 Bt. for normal treatment. Website: www.kritdc.com. Phone 08-1496-9143.
Taiwan has no chiropractic educational or licensing system. There are no chiropractic colleges in Taiwan. He might have taken a short adjusting seminar and is pretending he is a DC (Doctor of Chiropractic) www.kritdc.com He is not licensed anywhere. This deliberate lying about his qualifications should be a red flag to anyone thinking of visiting him. Edited by ricklev
  • Like 1

After 3 weeks of discomfort, acupuncture, and massage (both of which helped but did not solve the problem) I went to see Dr. Krit Thongpaeng, a Taipei-trained chiropractor and a good one.His office, manned by his wife and new baby, is in the circle that runs around the Maninarakorn Hotel at 99/16 Srdonchai Rd., in the storefront office to the left. The sign above the door says, simply 'Tiens'.He is not a common 'neck cracker'. He does a thorough exam and evaluation and tells you what the problem is. Then he spends time using pressure points to loosed up the spastic muscles, followed by a firm manipulation. My criterion for choosing body-workers is that if they can't fix you on the first visit they'll never be able to. he did. Hence this recommendation.Don't be put off by the chaoric surroundings. 500 Bt. for normal treatment. Website: www.kritdc.com. Phone 08-1496-9143.
Taiwan has no chiropractic educational or licensing system. There are no chiropractic colleges in Taiwan. He might have taken a short adjusting seminar and is pretending he is a DC (Doctor of Chiropractic) www.kritdc.com He is not licensed anywhere. This deliberate lying about his qualifications should be a red flag to anyone thinking of visiting him.

Indeed he is not listed on the website of Chiropractors licensed in Thailand. Use caution.

There's a clinic in Phuket just opposite the Police Station in Phuket Town, a Thai chiropractor of sorts who is well regarded - heads up, I am now paying the price of his C-spine adjustment designed to stop the pain from a frozen shoulder, Dr Parry was horrifed. Steer clear boys in girls, if in Phuket on holiday and in need of a bone cracker.

I saw Dr Parry 2 days ago. I cannot speak too highly about him. The back pains I went to see him about were not his within his scope, they were for a cardiologist. He referred me on to a superb cardiologist who has given me the first accurate diagnosis after 6 weeks of trailing around various doctors and hospitals.

I thought Dr Parry was very proficient and his examination was thorough. Incidently I did leave his surgery bring able to turn my head and look over my shoulders, which I have not been able to do for

many years.

Seeing Dr Parry was money well spent

I have been battling lower back problems for 6 months, countless trips to a physio therapist. Two visits to Dr. Philip a month ago and a referral to a very competent massage therapist has basically solved my problems. A very competent doctor. Highly recommended. Every bath worth spending.

E.

"Throughout its history, chiropractic has been controversial.For most of its existence it has battled with mainstream medicine, sustained by pseudoscientific ideas such as subluxation and innate intelligence that are not based on solid science.Despite the consensus of public health professionals regarding the benefits of vaccination, among chiropractors there are significant disagreements over the subject,which has led to negative impacts on both public vaccination and mainstream acceptance of chiropractic. The American Medical Association called chiropractic an "unscientific cult""

"A 2008 critical review found that with the possible exception of back pain, chiropractic manipulation has not been shown to be effective for any medical condition.Health claims made by chiropractors regarding use of manipulation for pediatric health conditions are supported by only low levels of scientific evidence that does not demonstrate clinically relevant benefits."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic

Edited by SnareBear

"Throughout its history, chiropractic has been controversial.For most of its existence it has battled with mainstream medicine, sustained by pseudoscientific ideas such as subluxation and innate intelligence that are not based on solid science.Despite the consensus of public health professionals regarding the benefits of vaccination, among chiropractors there are significant disagreements over the subject,which has led to negative impacts on both public vaccination and mainstream acceptance of chiropractic. The American Medical Association called chiropractic an "unscientific cult""

"A 2008 critical review found that with the possible exception of back pain, chiropractic manipulation has not been shown to be effective for any medical condition.Health claims made by chiropractors regarding use of manipulation for pediatric health conditions are supported by only low levels of scientific evidence that does not demonstrate clinically relevant benefits."

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Chiropractic

In 1988 I was diagnosed with a prolapsed disk near the base of my spine, the pain from it was one of the worst I've ever experienced, eventually things got to the point where I could barely walk, was on strong painkillers and scheduled for a disectomy (sp). Three days before I was due to go into the Nuffield Hospital a chiropractor whom I'd seen years before called me and I told him what had happened, his advice was to go to the Oxford Chiropractic Clinic to see a specialsit doctor there who had just set up a new practice. The pther piece of advice he gave me in that call was to remember that, you cannot un-operate!

To cut a long story short, I visited the clinic and forty five minutes later I was free of pain, three more visits and my life returned to normal, my GP was pretty amazed by it all and needless to say the operation was cancelled, that was twenty five years ago and my disk is still prolapsed but I manage to lead a normal life, free of pain.

So, the AMA and Wiki can say what they wish about Chiropractics, the fact is that it works and it works well as thousands will atest, it's a disrturbing concept to the AMA, BMA and similar that it does work because it refutes manistream thinking and runs the risk of causing great embaressment and loss of income, oh well!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...