Opening A Thai Trading Account

I have a Ozzie ASX trading account and wish to open a Thai account if possible

1. what is the procedure and any recommendations for trading platforms

2.I have a Thai bank account

3. can it be set up on a non working visa and tax implications

thanks in advance

Yes you can, Bualuang was very nice to me. You will need a local address that they can send your statements too and your dividends direct to bank. I just went in filled out the paper work transfered money from bank account and started investing.

Yes you can, Bualuang was very nice to me. You will need a local address that they can send your statements too and your dividends direct to bank. I just went in filled out the paper work transfered money from bank account and started investing.

Thanks Moe666 thats what i was looking for

G'day Hooters

I think this might be the recent thread the other fellow was referring to. To find it , and others like it, just go to the white box top right this page and type in relevant search words. To find the thread below I used "trading account", but you could try others like "stock broker", "share broker", "trading stocks", etc. Then you just need to scan down the list of results and click on the likely looking ones

http://www.thaivisa...._1#entry4880738

Bualuang is not bad but check to see how much English-language help info they have in their web site - virtually none when I used them a few years back. This means that you are forever having to ask their staff how to do things .... and as branch staff are often not familiar with the web-based set up used by their customers .. often your query must then be referred to head office.

Another issue is to make sure that who-ever you go with has at least one member of staff (in your local branch office) who has strong English-language skills as you will need help whilst you are starting out ... and face-to-face help is certainly preferable to relying on a call centre.

Edited by chiangmaibruce