Flooding In Sansai Area

oldgent

ive been looking at some new housing devolpements in the Sansai area of Chiangmai. i was told by a salesgirl at one site that some of the sites were flooded earlier in the past year. not sure if she was telling the truth. does anyone have any knowledge of the Sansai area? over the past years.

Some were. Depends where you are looking. Nothing that would take your house down, but certainly an inconvenience and perhaps some extra expense. If the salesgirl told you it flooded, believe her.

Edited by Lobo4819

Flooding will only get worse in the future, as more & more rice fields are developed. Highway 1317 south of San Kamphaeng is being turned into a new "dam" for the Kuang River as more & more building plots are being built up above the flood plain level. Lack of culverts under this road, or drainage channels to take overflow from the Kuang River just typical of lack of planning here. This downstream of Sansai, I believe.

and flooding can vary widely from block to block... we live in Pimuk 2, near Meechok intersection... we had no flooding at all and could always easily drive in and out of our mooban, but on the way to the ring road, there was deep flooding.. not 100 meters from our mooban, and in the other direction, back towards laguna homes, the road was closed for days, on 2 separate occasions...so it can be very localized even within a small area.

Excuse my ignorance (I'm new to the area), but where is Sansai in relation to say Doi Suthep and the university?

Sansai is roughly midway between Doi Saket & Mae-Jo, several km NW of central Chiang Mai, and well away from Doi Suthep and (I assume you meant ?) CMU, so no worries !

We live just outside Mae-Jo, postal-district is San-Sai, and while we did see flooding along both sides of the main-road from Mae-Jo into Chiang Mai, we ourselves were not affected. Perhaps the OP should just look for land which isn't low-lying ?