Farang Women Married To Thais

I read a lot about Visas + work permits for foreign men working in Thailand married to Thai women, whats the score for a farang woman married to a Thai man??

Does she need a work permit? have a feeling I read somewhere the law is VERY different when its a farang woman in the picture?

A foreign woman marreid to a Thai still needs a work permit in order to work.

Immigration rules are however a bit different. It is the Thai husband that applies for an extension of stay and there is no minimum income that needs to be shown, as the Thai husband is considered to be the bread winner.

A foreign woman marreid to a Thai still needs a work permit in order to work.

Immigration rules are however a bit different. It is the Thai husband that applies for an extension of stay and there is no minimum income that needs to be shown, as the Thai husband is considered to be the bread winner.

Well, that makes it easy.

you can get citizenship fairly easily after 3 years or 1 year if you have a child, I believe.

Get a non-O visa:

List of documents for extension Thai spouse visa

Note: 2 copies of each item are required.

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4x6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht
  2. Copy of passport ( with certified true copy )
  3. Required documentation for applying visa in case of:

• To be supported from Thai husband
    1. Marriage certificate
    2. Child’s Birth certificate
    3. Husband’s house registration
    4. Husband’s identity card
    5. Recording interviewing the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife
    6. House’s map, picture of House’s and family

[*]---- this lasts 3 months AND then go to immigration with :

Application for further stay for non-Thai wife to receive the support from a husband who is a Thai citizen or a Thai permanent resident of the Kingdom of Thailand.

The husband who has Thai nationality

1. Immigration form 7 (Tor Mor 7)
  2. A copy of passport
  3. A 4 cm. X 6 cm. Photograph
  4. 1,900 baht application fee
  5. A Marriage Certificate
  6. A copy of Census Registration, a copy of Identification Card
  7. Birth Certificate of the applicant's children (if any)
  8. A record of interviewing the applicant and her husband
  9. Applicant must accompany her husband to the Immigration Bureau office to certify of all the documents. The couple will be able to confirm that they are still husband and wife.
  10. The officials reserve the rights to examine or ask for additional documents if necessary.

you can then get a stamp for a year extension (1900 baht), but have to report every 90 days where you are staying....

as for work permit ill be working on that myself next week so ill let you know... if she gets a job as an english teacher usually they do the work permit for her so its easier.... good luck!

yep, sorry about the mistake. im applying for the initial non-o on monday and all the info ive found about docs required is about the extension and not the initial 90day. not wanting to go to laos with incomplete info, my husband and i called the laos thai embassy and asked them - i had him talk to them because thais speaking to thais seem to understand eachother better and they said- passport and copy, marriage certificates, the signed marriage documents and copies, husbands id card and copy as well as his housing book. everything we'd read online said we will need house pics, and were emailed a list from an english man married to thai wife that said they want at least five pics of the couple inside the house rooms and in front showing the house number. but they also wanted his financial evidence and that is not required for the foreign wife. so if someone can write what is required of the actual first application for non-o by a foreign lady married to a thai man, would be very helpful.

For a first visa application at the Embassy you need to provide proof of marriage, so if you got married in Thailand your Thai wedding certificate. If you got married somewhere else then have it translated into Thai and certiified at the MFA and give them a photocopy. Bring the ID card and house papers copies just in case but I can't imagine you need it.

Photos and other stuff is for extension.

We seem to be talking apples and oranges. House pictures would be required for extension of stay at most immigration offices - and you can obtain a non immigrant entry from immigration without going to a consulate with normal extension of stay documents (but might require doing in Bangkok). But if going outside to obtain the visa it is the normal Thai id card/home register/marriage certificate requirement.

ok thanks for clearing that up i was getting very confused... back to the original question from travelmann, from what ive read the work permit is granted with the involvement of a job offer. its usually the company that our wife will be employed by that facilitates the application process. other people have assured me that if i appeal at immigration they would consider granting me one, but none of this seems certain

"...other people have assured me that if i appeal at immigration they would consider granting me one..."

Immigration doesn't issue work permits. The Labor Office does.

The process for applying for a WP begins when you have a job offer. It will require a number of documents from the employer.