Spell Chiecking On The New Thaivisa Forum Editor

Pib

Before the ThaiVisa upgrade I had no problems in using the forum editor/word processor to write posts but after the upgrade the editor is slow, backspacing and forward spacing is slow and really jumpie, and when doing spell check the corrected word does not completely remove & replace the incorrectly spelled word...many times it kinda inserts the correctly spelled word in the middle of the incorrectly spelled word ending up with a longer incorrectly spelled word. This may be caused by the new ThaiVisa editor being slower--and least on my computer...it was now slow before the upgrade.

I use Win7/IE9 running on a Dual Core CPU and have a 20Mb internet connection, and my spell checker is lastest version of "ieSpell" which worked just fine with ThaiVisa editor before the upgrade. Also, I use to have a spell check icon in the upper right hand corner of the ThaiVisa editor which I could start the spell check from but it's gone on the new editor; now I need to do the right click thing and start ieSpell that way which ain't not big thing...just wish I could get the spell check function working properly again with the new ThaiVisa editor/word processor...and the editor wasn't slow.

Same here. Use `ie Spell` too, but everything gets messed up, words connect, double letters at beginning and ending of words, repeating of a corrected word.

Checked my settings, and even reinstalled ie Spell, result is still the same.

I use `ie Spell` on other blogs too, without a problem.

Windows 7 & IE 9.

C

• 2 weeks later...

I've just tried using the Speckie spell checker also...same problem as with ieSpell. Problem started with the TV upgrade. Just seems this upgraded TV editor we type our posts into is slower than the previous version in terms of how fast the typed letters appear on the screen, when backspacing, deleting, etc....just slower which is probably causing the interface problem with the spell checkers. I'm not going to blame my internet connection as I'm surfing along on a True cable 20Mb plan and as mentioned the problem didn't exist until the upgrade occurred. Guess I could blame IE but IE don't give me any problems on any other sites with editors.

Yes still the same problem here too, it looks like when typing longer texts that it is worse.

`Something` gets very confused out there, or should I say in here.

In reply to a topic I wrote a lengthy piece, after using the spell-check it was an absolute mess up to the point that I just gave up.

Happens on TV site only.

I deliberately tried to screw up the now written text so I could copy it and show what would happen after using IE Spell-check, but...it is like going to the dentist with a toothache, ones you are there it is gone, now the spell check works fine.

That has happened before so I thought the problem was solved, only to find out that it was still there the next time. Will see what happens further on down the road.

The only changes I made on this side were to reinstall adobe flash/reader/air, (for other reasons). Connection ??

dam_n I really cannot get it to fault this time.

wai.gif

It's something to do with the upgraded TV editor (i.e., a compatibility problem); the old editor didn't cause the problem. And I have zero problems with the ieSpell or Speckie spell checkers on other blog editors.

And just to add an example for the TV technical folks who may be working this bug, when ieSpell/Speckie replace a misspelled word in the new TV editor many times it only "partially" replaces the misspelled word and also causes the inserted word to combine/press against the word following it. Usually what remains of the replaced word is the first letter and maybe the last letter or two with the new word inserted in-between the left-over letters....and then the correctly spelled word combined with left overs from the old word bumps up against the word following it. Basically you end up with a new word which is a combination of three words. In other cases only the old word and the new word will combine and this new misspelled word will not bump up against the following word. But regardless you can end up with misspelled words that are even more misspelled combined with formatting errors...it can make a real mess of a post.

Edited by Pib