Korean Restaraunt

james24

Just came back from a Korean place near Nimman which was reasonably priced. Food was ok but it was the first time Ive really eaten Korean so hard to compare to anything.

Are there any Korean food stalls around that are half decent? I know there is the Lum Lum restaraunt out near Ruamchok but more in town like Nawart area...? Also cheap would be good as many Korean places look well expensive

There use to be a stall in kad suan kaew food court, in the tops area. Also another one going into the santhitam area from huay kaew road, make a left before crossing over the canal bridge and its on your left shortly.

There use to be a stall in kad suan kaew food court, in the tops area. Also another one going into the santhitam area from huay kaew road, make a left before crossing over the canal bridge and its on your left shortly.

Thanks

The santitham area one sounds good but canal road is quite far from Santitham isnt it? Do you mean left at dunkin donuts then left again?

2 in Santitham area:

1) at the end of the main road ( rotary intersection, go east = Santitham road) there is a K-bank ATM on your right, you'll find a tiny stall/ restaurant across the ATM. P'nong has beautiful eyes.

Mother-restaurant is located across Central Mall. They also have a stall at the foodcourt near TOPS/ Central.

2) Charoen Suk road, close to Hassadisawee road, on the south side of the road.

Same rotary intersection: standing with your back to the Santitham road (just imagine, avoid standing on the intersection!), turn left, go all the way and nearly at the end of the street it is on the right. Fairly new (1/2 year) but noisy and many mosquitos. A bigger restaurant than #1

Thanks

The santitham area one sounds good but canal road is quite far from Santitham isnt it? Do you mean left at dunkin donuts then left again?

Nope, i meant the place that soulwy said.

I should've said klong and not canal.

Thanks for all your help guys.

I must be rubbish with directions as I used to live in Huay Kaew and Santitham and am still confused where they are, but Ill drive around and perhaps Ill recognise something.

p.s I had to google what rotary means as in UK we say roundabout lol

Roundabout, rotonde... :-)

By " main road" I meant Santitham road. So, at the 'roundabout': don't take the soi to the YMCA, don't take the soi to the blind massage, but the next one. The stall is on the left before guesthouse Santitham.

@ Elektried: Exactly...that is the "mother-location", they have 2 little stalls selling same products.

James, after 1000+ posts/ 2008, you should have explored Santitham area by now! ;-)

Food is OK, not mindblowing, but good enough for a quick, informal bite.

Roundabout, rotonde... :-)

By " main road" I meant Santitham road. So, at the 'roundabout': don't take the soi to the YMCA, don't take the soi to the blind massage, but the next one. The stall is on the left before guesthouse Santitham.

@ Elektried: Exactly...that is the "mother-location", they have 2 little stalls selling same products.

James, after 1000+ posts/ 2008, you should have explored Santitham area by now! ;-)

Food is OK, not mindblowing, but good enough for a quick, informal bite.

Thanks again, Im gonna have a look tonight and see what I can find :-)

Hey guys

Coudlnt find any last night but then again the only roundabout I could find was the one opposite that school which also leads off to a road which comes out at the moat opposite Jok Sompet. Ill have another look tonight, Im gonna drive to the YMCA and try and find it from there

Thanks

I found the Korean restaurant easily Thursday after reading KRS1's explanation to the whereabouts. It said canal bridge and NOT Canal road.

0899937500 is the number to the owner of the restaurant. She speaks English.

Thanks

I found the Korean restaurant easily Thursday after reading KRS1's explanation to the whereabouts. It said canal bridge and NOT Canal road.

How was the food and menu prices? Do they give you those small dishes that accompany your meal?

Thanks

How was the food and menu prices? Do they give you those small dishes that accompany your meal?

The prices are very fair. Large portions and both seaweed soup and kimchi were accompanied free of charge. Even the drinks were huge. The owner guided us very well and asked if it was first time eating Korean food. It was a positive experience - good and cheap Korean everyday food on an ordinary week night.

Edited by Afrodite79