Hua Hin The New Pattaya?

cricketer

Many people chose to set up camp in Hua Hin because they didn't want all the problems associated with cities like Pattaya but with the influx of new money and rapid development Hua Hin has also attracted the criminal elements of society. I'm quite sure there are people who would very much like the city to develop into a second Pattaya, there's money in muck !! Is there a will or a way of preventing this?

• 4 weeks later...

Nope. Only if there is an iron fisted government which has a plan for growth and a plan for keeping out the bad elements.

I see evidence that the RUSSKIES are already trying to move into Hua Hin, they have totally screwed up Pattaya, and Phukett, I hope their goal setting trends, everything from prostitutes to drugs, and worse is not behind them, if it is I am outa here pronto.angry.png

Edited by PingManDan

I don't think Hua Hin will ever be as bad as Pattaya as far as the sex trade goes, not as long as the King's summer palace is here, however it is scheduled to grow unabated with huge Thai builders already buying up land for developments and condos so the traffic and crime will continue to get worse. And yes, the Russians are coming. A Russian restaurant opened recently on Soi 94 and a Russian couple has made an offer to buy our house. The real estate salesman told me if we sell to them it will be the third property they've bought here in a very short time... by the way the real estate person was Russian too.

We're selling with the intention of moving to a town that is what Hua Hin was like twenty years ago.

BTW, wanted to add that the Russians coming here may be a different class than the ones that have taken over Pattaya. The four or five I've met so far seem to be very nice people.

Edited by hhfarang