Any Reliable Car Rental In Pattaya?

MaaTini

Budget and Avis almost always have great deals (as long as you avoid XMas/New Year and Songkhran season of course).

just check their website or call the HQ to ask about "special promotions". Renting from Budget, Avis or Hertz for almost ten years, I never ever paid more than 1K THB per day (for a regular saloon-car though).

Forget about these big names with their big prices. In Jontiem on Thrappraya Road @ Thepprasit is 'Expat Car Rental'. Rented from them several times, very friendly and speak English well.

We used to use Expat Car Rental and paid 2.2k (sometimes 2.4k) per day. Only when they didn't have a Fortuner available were we forced to use one of the biggies (in this case Budget). We were shocked that the price was only 1.8k per day for a 3 day rental for fully loaded Fortuner. On top of that we were renting at the airport so we saved the taxi fare to and from Pattaya to boot.

Not sure if the deals are not as good for saloons and little cars but if anyone wants a 4x4 then renting from a local hire company does not make any sense financially.

• Like 1

Try Holiday Rent-a-Car on Pattaya 3rd Road.- 8/151 Moo 6. ( The "top" end of the road,close to Tesco/Lotus ).

Falang owned - speak to Grahame,the owner or look at pattayacar-rent.com.

Fair prices, full insurance

I'm another who can recommend these folk. Take your passport the first time, they copy it and keep it on file, saves time and bother in the future.

The owner Grahame is a pom and speaks understandable English biggrin.png as does his staff, they also remember their customers even after a couple of years. They have delivered a car to me on the darkside (no cost), one staff member with a bike to take the other back, they already had my details so it was painless. A copy of the class1 insurance is in the glove-box along with all the phone number you will need, but we all hope we don't.

Try Holiday Rent-a-Car on Pattaya 3rd Road.- 8/151 Moo 6. ( The "top" end of the road,close to Tesco/Lotus ).

I'm another who can recommend these folk. Take your passport the first time, they copy it and keep it on file, saves time and bother in the future.

The owner Grahame is a pom and speaks understandable English biggrin.png as does his staff, they also remember their customers even after a couple of years. They have delivered a car to me on the darkside (no cost), one staff member with a bike to take the other back, they already had my details so it was painless. A copy of the class1 insurance is in the glove-box along with all the phone number you will need, but we all hope we don't.

pom = Pomeranian dog = Pomegranate fruit???

pom = Pomeranian dog = Pomegranate fruit???

DV CARS, THIRD ROAD

DOWN FROM HOLIDAY RENT A CARS , BOTH IN LOCATION AND COST

google is your friend

Pommy

The term pommy, pom or pomme,[1] in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, commonly denotes a person of British (usually of English heritage) origin. A derogatory term, it was controversially ruled no longer offensive in 2006 by the Australian Advertising Standards Board and in 2010 by the New Zealand Broadcasting Standards Authority.[2] Despite these changing views, many British people or those of British origin consider the expression offensive or racist when used by people not of British origin to describe English or British people, yet acceptable when used within that community: for example, the community group British People Against Racial Discrimination was among those who complained to the Advertising Standards Board about five advertisements poking fun at "Poms", prompting the 2006 decision.[3]

• Like 1

Q cars in Jomtien Beach Condo have been around for years and have a very good reputation afaik. http://qcars-pattaya.com/

Yes Qcars have a good rep among expats working here especially.

I had an extraordinarily bad experience with Qcars (Jomtien branch) a few years ago, which was so bad, that the actual rental of the reserved car didn't actual commenced..... they treat you like a beggar, not like a customer

I think most places are ok but of course it's all 50/50 on experiences etc.

I recommend taking pictures with your cam before signing the contract and making sure the person renting knows that you did.

I found a place last year on the dark side on soi Kho talao just before the big market on the left side that had a beautiful pick-up I rented to go to Chiang Mai and back. Sorry I don't have the name of the rental place but they were great.

Also on soi siam country club, just across the railway tracks on the left coming from Sukhumvit has pick-ups.

There are many, I would use www.escape-rentals.com as I have actually smashed up one of their cars and it was no hassle, just loss of 5000 baht deposit.

They are on Soi Diana.

It's only when you cause damage you'll get to realise how good the hiring company is... Many don't have proper rental insurance, many may keep your passport as security and many will hit you for charges while the car is off-road being repaired.

Anybody else smashed up a rental car and had a good experience?

• 11 months later...

I rented at this place several time. Hertz is doing 674 baht/day for 2 weeks rental, they ask me 1100 baht a day. Same car (Viao)...you said cheap?

Also one time I rented a car there that was smelling like vomit and cigarette (of course we didn't realized that before we made 200 km because they put a lot of perfume). Me and the kids had the worse travel with a car ever, driving windows open, you can imagine. I would have returned the car but I had about 800 km to do and have booked for the kids etc...and was already far away.

Forget about these big names with their big prices. In Jontiem on Thrappraya Road @ Thepprasit is 'Expat Car Rental'. Rented from them several times, very friendly and speak English well.

There are many, I would use www.escape-rentals.com as I have actually smashed up one of their cars and it was no hassle, just loss of 5000 baht deposit.

They are on Soi Diana.

It's only when you cause damage you'll get to realise how good the hiring company is... Many don't have proper rental insurance, many may keep your passport as security and many will hit you for charges while the car is off-road being repaired.

Anybody else smashed up a rental car and had a good experience?

Smacked up a Honda Accord good I rented from Avis once...no problem...purchased the collision damage waiver for like like B100 and only liable for B 5k. When they came to pick up the car, they even asked me if I wanted another one to continue my journey.

+1 for hertz..

Make sure you check the website for specials and book online or over the phone to lock in the special rate. Last time I rented from them was the 555 special which if you wanted the full boat insurance was like 750 a day.. no min/max time. Was a super deal on a brand new car with FULL 0thb deductible insurance.

http://www.hertzthailand.com/EN/

Edited by Jayman

+1 for hertz..

Make sure you check the website for specials and book online or over the phone to lock in the special rate. Last time I rented from them was the 555 special which if you wanted the full boat insurance was like 750 a day.. no min/max time. Was a super deal on a brand new car with FULL 0thb deductible insurance.

Yes. I got that price a couple of times prior to buying a car.

I would NEVER rent a car here unless it came with zero excess insurance.