New Turkish Restaurant

SwaziBird

Went last night and have to say it was amazing! The food was great with a wide selection all freshly prepared. The food included plenty of interesting dishes like red bean humous, which was a dark reddy-purple colour and beet-root yogurt.

The owner and staff were also very nice and very attentive, without being pushy at all. The owner was on hand when we went up to the buffet and guided us through to various dishes. This was a big help I hadn't seen half of the dishes before.

I was told that the buffet changes every Thursday so will definitely go again some time soon to try more. I thought Chiang Mai was fooded out but this place has found the perfect niche and in my opinion gives other Mediterranean restaurants in town a run for their money.

I've eaten at Kafe Otto a number of times now and have always been very satisfied with the food, the service and the atmosphere of the restaurant. As others have mentioned, the buffet spread offers a wonderful choice of fine dishes, but what I really love are the various lamb options on the menu. The Kofte is particularly delicious.

They also roast and brew the BEST coffee I have found in Chiang Mai. They use a quality local bean and roast frequently so it's always fresh.

The fair guy (and honest reviewer w/an inclination for giving constructive criticism) that I am I went to give it another try now that they are serving. Had the lamb shish kabob and it was really good, nice accompaniments of salad and bread (I think it's called lavas) and presentation too. Generous portion of meat but needed salt. A complaint of mine often eating falang food here but with non-Thai’s cooking it shouldn’t be. Yes one can add it for oneself (one can season lightly for those who don’t like their food salty) but adding before cooking and during if nec. makes a difference. Would you be served TomYum w/o nam pla because it can be put in at the table? Could have used a steak knife but that's a small point and I didn't ask for one either. The pizza IMFHO (In My Family's Honest Opinion - the kids and GF know their pies!) was not really pizza. Had a Magherita Pizza, and it was a white pizza with a few slices of roma tomato on top. We had it for take out and they put it in a small container cut into 8 pieces folded to make 4 sandwiches and stacked, sure takes away from opening a box expecting to see a pie. As I find here often most of the pieces are in place, perhaps the important ones more so here, but it's the end result, the sum of the parts are greater than the whole or as they say in some circles when referring to food that presentation is everything, but it’s not, everything is everything! This place has the all the makings of somewhere we'd frequent, hopefully it's just growing pains. Having to step over a sign to get in and walking by, among other things, a motorcycle in pieces doesn't give a good first impression (esp. in the restaurant biz where looking cleanliness is important). The waitress was nice enough but total uninformed. She was able to take an order if I pointed to what I wanted on the menu but with a menu like this where some may not know what some of the things are (incl. myself who has been on two food centric trips to Turkey, the last with my good friend who is a Chef who filmed a cooking tv show there so I got to tour some of the great kitchens in Istanbul incl. Feriye Restaurant ) The other girl who was behind the counter was exceptional, friendly, well informed and had a great attitude. I really look forward to trying the buffet and the lamb roast in the video on FB. Oh yeah the coffee is good enough to order beans for home, which is possible. Over all a good addition to the dining scene here that needs more love.