Thai Bride Reject Threatens To Kill Herself At British Embassy In Bangkok

webfact

My friend has a large club, he has female waitresses,

not one is on the game, but they serve patrons drinks.

I have a couple of friends that work as Cashiers in beer bars.

Neither go with customers and at the end of the day (6pm or 2am depending hich shift they do) they go home to their boyfriend and kids. One has Thai boyfriend the other has German.

the German must be pretty 'keeniow' to let his gf work as a cashier in a beer bar! but your point is exactly right you can't paint cashiers and waitresses with the same brush as 'working girls'

Not necessarily tight with his money, but smarter than the average bear, Boo Boo.

If his girlfriend stayed home she'd be up and about at 0600, be through the housework by 1000 and could then look forward to getting horizontal on the settee and having her brain slowly fried by what passes for TV entertainment, or being dragged around town by her Herr Wunderbar meeting lots of foreigners but unable to freely converse with them. On the other hand by working she has the comfort and companionship of Thai friends and colleagues, and has an earned income, which hopefully, she can dispose of as she wishes. Abandoning ones roots just because you have, for the present at least, your own ATM is not a good idea.

Herr Wunderbar can go off golfing, fishing or whatever takes his fancy without pangs of guilt, presupposing that he is capable of such an emotion.

• Like 1

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend has a large club, he has female waitresses,

not one is on the game, but they serve patrons drinks.

I have a couple of friends that work as Cashiers in beer bars.

Neither go with customers and at the end of the day (6pm or 2am depending hich shift they do) they go home to their boyfriend and kids. One has Thai boyfriend the other has German.

the German must be pretty 'keeniow' to let his gf work as a cashier in a beer bar! but your point is exactly right you can't paint cashiers and waitresses with the same brush as 'working girls'

Not necessarily tight with his money, but smarter than the average bear, Boo Boo.

If his girlfriend stayed home she'd be up and about at 0600, be through the housework by 1000 and could then look forward to getting horizontal on the settee and having her brain slowly fried by what passes for TV entertainment, or being dragged around town by her Herr Wunderbar meeting lots of foreigners but unable to freely converse with them. On the other hand by working she has the comfort and companionship of Thai friends and colleagues, and has an earned income, which hopefully, she can dispose of as she wishes. Abandoning ones roots just because you have, for the present at least, your own ATM is not a good idea.

Herr Wunderbar can go off golfing, fishing or whatever takes his fancy without pangs of guilt, presupposing that he is capable of such an emotion.

That is exactly the reason. They are both happy with the arrangement and she hates golf !

How many foreigners deported from Thailand get the chance to legally return for whatever reasons, in fact how many of them have a wife and child and are still deported? The Thai authorities don't give a dam_n about compassionate grounds; let alone a deportee wanting to come back just to settle a divorce case. At least in the UK their are laws based upon a reasonable degree of logic and precedence rather and rampant xenophobic nationalism.

Yes, but after living here for some time, the rational person stops searching for reason and logic, which appear to not be part of the nature of most Thais. Correct?

correct

How many foreigners deported from Thailand get the chance to legally return for whatever reasons, in fact how many of them have a wife and child and are still deported? The Thai authorities don't give a dam_n about compassionate grounds; let alone a deportee wanting to come back just to settle a divorce case. At least in the UK their are laws based upon a reasonable degree of logic and precedence rather and rampant xenophobic nationalism.

Yes, but after living here for some time, the rational person stops searching for reason and logic, which appear to not be part of the nature of most Thais. Correct?

There is an abundance of places to visit that aren't Thailand, and should you tire of the land of reptilian smiles sufficiently to actually leave rather than complain endlessly about Thai people not matching up to your exacting standards, you'll discover that 'reason and logic' aren't part of the make-up of most people in the world.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm sure this point has been raised

But i hope the TV'ers here can see that its not just Thai immigration,

people have a problem with immigration period. Thai, Brit, US, Japan....

You may have come from a free country,

but this is not a free world..... Yet (hopefully)

If a Thai wife does not wish her farang husband to stay in Thailand under the marriage visa, is he able to do so? I DON'T THINK SO!!

Correct. The wife has to accompany the husband at visa renewal time. If she doesn't I suppose that means no visa for farang.

• Like 1