Topless Russians

Mugg

I been here a few years now (Pattaya) and I truly do not recall if this is a new twist or a common event. Topless Russians in mall's ,Tesco, Big C, etc. Not the women of course, but the men. I noticed this about 6 months ago, and of course it may have been going on much longer, it was than I just started to look for it.

I am talking young, old, fat, fit.. this takes on many variations. I have seen men walk up to the door and step in and take off their shirts.

Is this a common occurrence in the CIS, Baltic, and Russia ? Is this only here that it happens or also in other Asian countries. It is sad that in the States we had to place signs that stated "No shirt, No Shoes, No Service", but I guarantee it is enforced. Now many exceptions are made at beach side shops, but I have never seen this Malls.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure have noticed this phenom. Topless Russkie men in the wrong places. But hey, in my experience, most showing off are quite fit, so I'm not complaining! It is a visual shock sometimes because they usually are so very WHITE! At the wrong angle, can feel like snow blindness.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I think many of them really struggle with the heat and dress accordingly. Its off course not giving you respect from the locals but the Russians properly don't care/know.

I don't think that's it. I think the mentality is they paid for a beach resort holiday and that means running around near naked. Never mind that Pattaya being a big ugly arsed city now isn't a real beach resort.

Some of them are fit, I suppose I am just not accustomed to seeing dripping arm pits dangling above the grapes.. I wonder if the Thai's understand or care that these are not typical of all Farnags.

My feeling is that in Pattaya Thai people are quite well aware that Russkies are different.
  • Like 1

<p>Plenty topless Russian chicks on Pattaya North beach yesterday! Told a few shocked Thais: Mai pen rai, Pattaya Beach Farang Agogo!</p>

Just for the record, I have no problem with (attractive) topless women on the beach.

(or anywhere else)

• Like 1

It's not just Russians. I find it disgusting that other farangs sit in bars (and restaurants) topless. I don't want to look at their fat tattooed bodies while i'm trying to eat/drink.

I am a little more tolerant of the Beer Bar Warrior's, I can always leave or have something else to look at. Of course I can choose not to shop or go another direction.. My OP was trying to figure out, from where do they learn such social skills. If it was only one person OK, he just does not get it. When it is a group of 3 - 4 walking together then perhaps it is a lack of respect for anyone.

I live in Florida on the Gulf coast and work in a store where we had to TAKE DOWN OUR SIGN that said no shirt, no shoes. no service because that was discriminating to certain people we call redneck beach bums.. since our store is only ten minuets away from the beach...we get seasonal tourists that are called Snowbirds who walk around with near to nothing on...quite gross I think no matter where your at...

Males going around topless in Thailand whether in malls on the street or riding motorbikes shows a disregard for local sensitivities. I'd have mall security enforce a no shirt - no shop' rule in the malls. It works in the West and can work in Thailand.

As for the guys in 'speedos' going topless on the streets??? Why is there never a gun around when you need it lol. Again ignoramuses ignoring local feelings.

• Like 1

Many of the Russians actually dress nicely in the evening. Well let me put it in another way; the guys tries to and the girls do. Don't know why the men dress in white trousers which was used mostly by sailors some 2 centuries ago.

• Like 1

This is quite common in that part of the world. Go to any Black Sea resort (be it in Romania, Ukraine, Russia or Bulgaria) and you will see topless men in the shopping malls, at restaurants and so on. I think this has to do with the level of education. East European men tend to be kind of proud and self-centered and being on holiday makes them feel like masters of the world (I have money, I pay, I am king).

• Like 2

I can't see why anyone would be bothered if another person is topless or not. It's just a human body. Society already has too many rules. Nothing wrong with being topless. Why does it bother you so much? Are your lives so shallow that you have to focus on such trivial things?

Edited by w11guy

I can't see why anyone would be bothered if another person is topless or not. It's just a human body. Society already has too many rules. Nothing wrong with being topless. Why does it bother you so much? Are your lives so shallow that you have to focus on such trivial things?

Does seem to be a bit over the top to be getting annoyed about too much flesh being on display in a beach resort especially when it is in Pattaya which is hardly known as a bastion of Thai culture.

I dont think anyone is bothered about going topless on the beach, or even in the street. But it certainly is not shallow to find it objectionable when some overweight topless Russian shot putter, dripping with sweat, sits down next to you in a restaurant when you are eating, which seems to pass as the norm with these people. Quite frankly it is disgusting. And they obviously dont have a clue as to why civilised people would find it objectionable. Mind boggling.
  • Like 2