Buddy Broadband And Usenet Newsgroup Accounts

Straight8

Hi All,

Just curious to hear from Buddy Broadband users.

Last couple of days strange things have been happening, from unable to connect to some website I normally visiting, to not being able to connect to my email server to download and check my emails. It seems more noticeable at night.

But what really has me stumped is that my downloads from my usenet account (newgroups) have gone from 800KB (i am on 8MB speed) to between 3KB - 50KB in the past few days.

Normally Buddy have been a great ISP and as with all ISP you get the occassionl blip here and there, but I am wondering if they have throtted the ports, in particular port 119, which is what USENET assigns in the client.

I have tried on an computer with different setups, but still the same.

So I was wondering if it a ISP issue, (those with buddy broadband & a newgroup account could confirm) or something on my side, even though I have not changed anything recently (ie/ settings, software etc)

Thanks in advance

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Just bumping this thread, as it seems these guys are still up to there usual tricks, throttling ports.

Speeds are painfully slow for downloading or streaming.

Anyone else here with buddy noticing this???

I have used Buddy for years and have the same problem. Since Buddy is the only service I have used in Thailand, I just assumed it was Thailand. Very frustrating when trying to watch streaming video and it freezes all the time.