Online Tech Stores Who Ship To Thailand?

PoodMaiDai

I need to buy some computer parts and this is my first time ever having something shipped in to Thailand. Curious who everyone uses who have been able to get goods here without hassle. I don't have a lot of faith once it gets into the country.

Amazon, Newegg, Apple... and the like.

Why not use a Thai online supplier? invadeIT is a great online shop and they have excellent support for any questions you may have.

I have used them also, and found it very good and quick... Many of the parts you get from AMAZON comes from Thailand originally.. Just try and get a Customer Service Rep on a phone at AMAZON

Computer parts are the one thing that you can confidently buy here in Thailand and stay away from all the problems associated with online shopping from overseas. You are always going to have to deal with the Royal Thai Customs Department so any savings that you may think you are getting is lost once VAT and other Customs fees are added. Not to mention the extremely high cost of postage to get anything shipped here, if you can even get a vendor to deal with overseas shipping. Amazon will ship overseas but New Egg won't and the Apple Store prices are almost exactly the same here in Thailand as in the US.

Buy locally and use the money you save to purchase more expensive items here

I have had good luck with Amazon so far.

I have had no issues with Amazon getting the product for me , shipping was a bit delayed and required a trip to the Post Office but where it differed was price

Samsung Classroom LCD Data Projector (SP-M221)

AMAZON 31,000 Baht

INvadeIT 18,000 Baht (delivered to my door next day) I am in Pattaya BTW. (Cost to deliver was 300B)

I do not know the shipping cost from AMAZON since this was the heading on there policy :

Standard International: The buyer should receive the order within 3 to 6 weeks after shipment, although it may take up to 8-12 weeks depending on customs delays.

Why not use a Thai online supplier? invadeIT is a great online shop and they have excellent support for any questions you may have.

Have to agree. Invade it have a good selection of items and reply quickly to queries.

I agree that you get a good response but like many of the companies that have web sites although they list particular items they do not have any stock. I was looking for an Asus motherboard which was listed by every web site I visited, not one of them had it in stock. The same applied when I visited Pantip and Fortune Tower all had this motherboard listed but not one of them actually had it in stock. I sent a polite email to Asus in Taiwan who never bothered to reply so that speaks volumes for their customer service.

I have used Invade IT as well, great communication and service. I would try them first before I would try anything from overseas. why pay the shipping and customs when you dont' have to?

Thank you all very much for recommending our services. We are very happy to see that we are doing something right when it comes to customer service which is definitely our #1 priority.

As always you are very welcome to throw all your questions at us and we will do our best to help you out finding the products that you are looking for.

http://www.invadeit.co.th/contact-us/

Thank you all very much for recommending our services. We are very happy to see that we are doing something right when it comes to customer service which is definitely our #1 priority.

As always you are very welcome to throw all your questions at us and we will do our best to help you out finding the products that you are looking for.

http://www.invadeit.co.th/contact-us/

clap2.gif Hell I didn't not even know they were a sponsor, Thanks to you guys again...

I didn't realize InvadeIT is just up the street from where I live in Hua Hin. Fancy that!

However, I've had my eye on a Crucial M4 128GB SSD. Price on newegg.com and Amazon is $177. Price at InvadeIT is B8100 (~$260). That's about a 50% premium for buying locally.

An Intel 120GB 320 SSD on newegg.com is $202 and at Amazon is $185, and at InvadeIT is B8,350 (~$270).

Why are SSDs so bloody expensive here? At least InvadeIT has models from the past year. Most places, like J.I.B. don't have many current generation SSD drives, and even then want top price for quite old models.

(I've been planning a trip to visit family in the USA, so have been checking the Fry's, NewEgg and Amazon web sites and e-bay.)

Electronics carry a hefty import duty tax entering Thailand.

No they don't.

What's carrying a premium in Thailand is high end stuff such as SSDs. Why, I don't know, but I doubt there's higher taxes on high end product than there is on low end. I suspect it has to do with low unit sales and an "well high end stuff is just expensive here" attitude.

I ordered from macsales.com before, no issues. They will ship USPS so while you can't rule out getting hit by customs, chances are you won't. Send them a copy of your passport and you're on your way, and typical for the USA they have great service, too.

Some years back I ordered 8GB or RAM from them. Price in the USA: $250. Thailand: $900.

The same RAM sticks today cost just as little over here in Thailand than they do in the USA . Are they suddenly made in Thailand? Nope - the RAM is made in Taiwan. But they're not high end items anymore.

I do shopping at InvadeIT, other Thai online channels, as well as Amazon.

Invade IT services are good, many discussion above. other Thai channel may offer slightly lower price and no dlivery charge, but service quality by chance.

pricing is beyond the control of individual retailers, should grille the fat dealers in between ( who sit in the Mercedes dry.png )

in case of big pricing difference, I go for overseas purchase.

I didn't realize InvadeIT is just up the street from where I live in Hua Hin. Fancy that!

However, I've had my eye on a Crucial M4 128GB SSD. Price on newegg.com and Amazon is $177. Price at InvadeIT is B8100 (~$260). That's about a 50% premium for buying locally.

An Intel 120GB 320 SSD on newegg.com is $202 and at Amazon is $185, and at InvadeIT is B8,350 (~$270).

Why are SSDs so bloody expensive here? At least InvadeIT has models from the past year. Most places, like J.I.B. don't have many current generation SSD drives, and even then want top price for quite old models.

(I've been planning a trip to visit family in the USA, so have been checking the Fry's, NewEgg and Amazon web sites and e-bay.)

As nikster said then unfortunately it seems like the distributors in Thailand often adds to the prices of the higher end products, we see that all the time. Trust me it's not us being greedy, our profit on the SSD drives is minimal.

We are not able to compete in prices with amazon and newegg, they buy in massive bulk and should be the resellers with the lowest cost prices on their products in the whole world I would think. But we do our best to keep our prices down as low as possible.

As for the Intel SSD products it had been a while since we updated the prices so we just redid them again this morning. Most of them went down quite a bit. Also the brand new 520 Series is available now, 60GB, 120GB and 180GB.

@invadeit: I noticed earlier today that you had done some tweaking to the Intel & Kingston SSD line-ups, since I first looked at them around midnight. Glad to know your web site is actively maintained!

I hope I didn't give the impression I was blaming InvadeIT for having high prices. I realize it's across the board here in Thailand, and is certainly frustrating!

I'm trying to decide what I want vs what I need vs what I can afford, and will probably contact you -- do you maintain a retail operation at your location for walk-in customers? Unfortunately all the items I'm considering have a yellow circle (instead of a green circle), which I assume means they are not in stock?

Electronics carry a hefty import duty tax entering Thailand. Other electronics are manufactured here. So the discrepancy in pricing is justified. Did I mention peace of mind?

I bought an 160GB Intel SSD a couple of years ago off Amazon. Way cheaper than Thai prices at time. 7% import duty on *my* declared price.

@Digitalbanana: What method of shipping did you use? Where did you pay the duty -- was it to Amazon (online?), or in person here in Thailand some place?

Paid import duty on my doorstep to the Fedex guy that delivered it. With Amazon you also need a shipping agent as Amazon don't send electronics stuff outside US, I use Shipito, but other vendors may vary.

Thanks for that info, Digitalbanana. My impression from various online reports was that using a package courier service like FedEx, UPS or DHL routinely involves a stop at Thai Customs for a hefty duty, and usually an additional 7% VAT upon delivery, but that packages mailed (e.g. USPS from USA) would usually elude Thai Customs notice, and that it is hit or miss whether Thai Post collects a 7% VAT.

You said "7% import duty," but I suspect that is 7% VAT?

Thanks for that info, Digitalbanana. My impression from various online reports was that using a package courier service like FedEx, UPS or DHL routinely involves a stop at Thai Customs for a hefty duty, and usually an additional 7% VAT upon delivery, but that packages mailed (e.g. USPS from USA) would usually elude Thai Customs notice, and that it is hit or miss whether Thai Post collects a 7% VAT.

Yes, sorry you are correct. Just checked my receipts from Fedex, They say import duty 0%, customs VAT 7%, I've used them many times, same each time.

Yes, sorry you are correct. Just checked my receipts from Fedex, They say import duty 0%, customs VAT 7%, I've used them many times, same each time.

Thanks for verifying that. True that you have to add 7% VAT but that's no different from the USA (if shipping from the US) - they always list prices exclusive of VAT. The VAT will be added on top of shipping costs as well - on the other hand, you can declare a lower value and nobody's the wiser.

Last I checked services like Shipito were pretty expensive though - maybe it's changed? I bought direct from macsales - they'll ship USPS so there's a chance it will evade customs. I didn't pay anything for the RAM. I am sure there are others that ship to Thailand too. Macsales has great service but the website is a mess.

I also had a friend send me an iPad 2 when you couldn't get them here yet. Used FedEx. He wrote WARRANTY RETURN in big fat black letters on the package, and put an RMA number on it too - it worked, no duties! :)

Wow, thanks! That is great news.

Last I checked services like Shipito were pretty expensive though - maybe it's changed?

From their web site, it looks like their basic charge for a single shipment is $8.50 now. For higher-priced, small items like electronics, the final total price with that charge + 7% VAT could easily be cheaper than local price in Thailand.