Want 4.5Gb Of Free Dropbox Space? Be A Guinea Pig

Tywais

Want 4.5GB of free Dropbox space? Be a guinea pig

Dropbox, the popular cloud storage utility for synchronizing files among many devices, ordinarily limits free accounts to 2GB, but those who test a new feature to automatically upload photos can get as much as 4.5GB.

To take advantage of the offer, you have to run a beta version of the company's software, and you have to try a feature that automatically uploads photos and videos to the service, according to a forum post yesterday.

"During this beta period, we are also offering additional free space to test automatic uploading of photos and videos. For every 500MB of photos and videos automatically uploaded, you'll receive another 500MB space bonus, up to 4.5GB total," the post said. "You can get up to 5GB of free space with this feature, if you count the initial 500MB space for the first photo import."

For those who don't want to upload multiple gigabytes, Dropbox said it will give "500MB of free space on first photo import."

The service imports photos from cameras, mobile phones, and SD cards plugged into a computer, the post said.

Source - Cnet.com

I always liked Dropbox. The only reason I stopped using it was I only used it to send photos around from my home network to work, and I found that my backup service (Mozy) duplicated that as all my photos are there.