Thailand Internet Dating Sites

expatdreamer

OK, so I have been spending a little bit of time recently on the main (I think) Thai dating site being Thai Love Links

A couple of observations and no real surprises here.

1. Heaps of interest compared to putting up a similar profile with my same photos on a popular dating site in my own country. If I had to put a number to it, up to 20 times more interest per day from TLL.

2. Interest on TLL comes from much younger women than I would get from putting a similar profile on a dating site in my own country. Again, to put a number to it, in my country would get my age +10, -5 interested. On TLL, get interest of my age +5, -25.

OK, again, no surprises there.

But it has been said (perhaps by Ludditeman, cant recall) that 90% of women on the site are "working girls".

Can anyone tell me how one can tell from either photos, profiles, questions they ask of you, etc if they are indeed "working girls". Or can you only find out by meeting them in person, then trying to meet them at their so-called place of work by surprise.

Also are the younger ones more likely to be on the game.

Also does 90% sound right - seems awfully high. Any one have some experience that backs this up?

Any other info would be appreciated.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On many of these dating sites the profiles fall into categories.

For example: seeking marriage, serious relationship, friends, intimate relationship or just facebook and MSN contacts. So what the girls are seeking is quite easy to determine.

The biggest risk is that many of these profiles maybe fake and are actually scammers.

As the wise man says; you have to play it by ear and tread with caution.

A friend observed on badoo, if they're mid 20 something looking for a 30 to 50 plus year old they usually have had some affiliation with the western focused service industry.

Yes I sanitised it a bit.

For example: seeking marriage, serious relationship, friends, intimate relationship or just facebook and MSN contacts. So what the girls are seeking is quite easy to determine.

The biggest risk is that many of these profiles maybe fake and are actually scammers.

Agree, there are western men openly bragging in bars of receiving cameras, webcams, smart phones and other 5k to 20k baht items from overseas suckers.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Agree, there are western men openly bragging in bars of receiving cameras, webcams, smart phones and other 5k to 20k baht items from overseas suckers.

He says posted from an android phone :D

Edited by Moonrakers
  • Like 1

IMO just look for girls who have a bachelor or masters degree, or even just a diploma, as they probably won't be working in a bar if they have a good education :)

If they don't have an education, be very suspicious of any girl living in Bkk or another tourist area. Especially if they are originally from another province.

Also be suspicious of anyone who doesn't have a university degree or diploma, but can speak English well.

If they got a degree, they will have photos of their graduation. So say you're interested in seeing the photos (although they wear soo much makeup you might not recognize them lol)

That's my 2c

IMO just look for girls who have a bachelor or masters degree, or even just a diploma, as they probably won't be working in a bar if they have a good education

If they have all this education. Why would they be looking for a farang sponsor?

He says posted from an android phone biggrin.png

busted again dag nabbit

IMO just look for girls who have a bachelor or masters degree, or even just a diploma, as they probably won't be working in a bar if they have a good education

If they have all this education. Why would they be looking for a farang sponsor?

curious indeed... my wife originally dated overseas guys because she then didn't have to give up her hard won independence, her sister a stewardess was until recently dating a European crew member. Both they and the third sister, who lived and studied in San Fran for 5 years, had their degrees handed to them by the king (the photos take pride of place on mother's wall) so it does happen despite the naysayers.

In fact only the sister who spent time in America doesn't date westerners - says something eh?!?

Even though most would call me a liar (I wish), I am neither handsome or rich although I will point out my wife just quit her corporate job that paid her a bit more than 100k a month to spend time away from the rat race - so i'll have to get off the sofa and pretend I'm actually working!!

A friend observed on badoo, if they're mid 20 something looking for a 30 to 50 plus year old they usually have had some affiliation with the western focused service industry.

Burger King?

i perhaps over-sanitised his response!!

See what time of day they are on. Many working girls are, erm. working evenings, until early morning. If they are on line after say 02-00 what do you think they have been doing all night?

Ask THEM questions. Guide them with your questions. you have a good memory. They do not.

Then you check out where they really work.

Use some common sense and judgement!!

Thai Friendly. Date In Asia. to name but two more.

Edited by pattayadingo

Yes, and I want my 20K back.

Dating sites are there to make money, most thai ladies dont have any so its all about getting you to upgrade and pay. How many of the men are real or maybe they work for the company relying to ladies they are never going to meet trying to get them to pay? Look at the profiles and ask why are they free members when there lifestyle would indicate that they could afford to pay if they were really looking, I am of the opinion that most of it is a sham, there are a few genuine people out there but not many. The other thing is men coming out here looking for a cheap bunk up with a good looking chick with out having to pay a bar fine or 1000+ bts a night. Some people are lucky and good luck to them most are going to be dissappointed, the site is free, nothing is free you end up paying something. I was lucky I found mine here, I think I was one of the lucky ones, tell me how a man in a year cannot find a good girl in Thailand and is still on the site looking what is he really looking for? Another upgrade perhaps? Tell me how a young girl in their 20's has not found a man of any age tells me all is not what it seems on the face of it and I dont suppose any of the other sites ar to far different either. If you steer away from the tourist areas you might get lucky that is the rule of thumb. Good luck.

• Like 1

See what time of day they are on. Many working girls are, erm. working evenings, until early morning. If they are on line after say 02-00 what do you think they have been doing all night?

Ask THEM questions. Guide them with your questions. you have a good memory. They do not.

Yes same same, they are business, nothing is free. get you interested now open your wallet/purse.

Maybe you find it hard to understand.

Some girls need and want a bf rather than a sponsor ;)

I presume you are yourself a sponsor giggle.gif

edit. Mis read your post :)

Edited by maiphedmaiaroi

Yes, and I want my 20K back.

then how will I send you all those sexy photos teeeelaaaak?

I may be wrong but tagged.com looks like another version of facebook, a social networking site rather than a dating site, why anyone would want diplay all their information online to all and sundry is beyond me and just shouts identity theft possibility.

TLL is what we were originally talking about, they started with Thai LL and now have I reckon about 8 similar sites. When I joined it was 2000 bts for 3 months, found what I was looking for in 1 month, I was lucky. Now think about joining some of the others at 2000bts for 3 months? Platinum was more I think about 4500 bts for a year that s how they make their money, pay to read emails that say "Hi nice photo" All the thai ladies are standard members ( free ) no surprise, its a nice little add on for a bar lady in Pattaya, business has not been good of late, you might be lucky, I hope you are but dont hold your breath, look at the lists of interests on some people, how do they find the time to do all that and what about work do they have time to work as well? Look at some of the daft pictures and ask yourself who is taking the p__s. Then the people who are just after dirty pictures, the ones who never arrive to meet you.leave you stranded, they were never coming! The ones who arrive with a book full of numbers, call you down for a quickie and on to someone else.

Take all these sites for what they are, they dont want to find you a partner, they want your money and the girls as well if they can, how you find the genuine people is likely down to luck.

Edited by exeter

Hi ‘expatdreamer’

I am going to be honest here, the last time I posted a reply on TV to a topic about internet dating, I gave the people who were, in my opinion at the time missing the social skills to interact face to face and arrange a date, were going to be eaten alive in Thailand and, sorry to say a bunch of ‘wasters’ for going down this route.

Well, I admit I was wrong…..on both counts…..The first, not all the girls will rip you off and not all the guys on the these web-sites are ‘wasters’

The problem is not the web-sites, it’s the gullibility of the men looking for love on them…if some bloke is dumb enough to fall for some of the bull shit he’s given, and goes for the 18 year old ‘bint’ that describes her likes as ‘bald fat sweaty men of any age’…….Then sorry boys, you deserve all you suffer and the girls deserve all they get. Why….? Well, as I see it; Thailand is a conservative country, for those of you who have never been or only been for the two week holiday in Pattaya…You need to understand good girls will not be telling you they love you after you reply to their post and pushing for a meet, (believe it or not) If some idiots believe the crap they see on TV or read in the ‘Sun’ newspaper….’Up to them’ about Thailand and it’s lose morals.

Nice girls, (don’t read into that, you know what I mean) DO post on these sites…..I know at least 5, nice girls, between 30 and 40 years of age looking for love….The whole nine yard. In there words……They are now getting passed over in Thai culture, they have good jobs, sense of humor, speak English…………But sorry…They don’t hang around ‘bar beers’……funny that a!

There are lots of nice girls in Thailand who are honestly happy to meet a nice guy from anywhere.

OK, I’ve been waffling on…But things to look out for IMHO…….. If they are being pushy, (trying to move things along to fast) trying to get you to use email/MSN and not the dating site, (they may be priming you for money, as they will be kicked of the dating site for this) find out what do they do for a living.

Just remember getting ripped of takes two…….and who is the fool in that relationship?

Let me leave you with this thought, I have no doubt there are as many great girls in Thailand looking for the same thing as western men, a relationship, (if it a knee ‘trembler’….get on a plane and go to a bar beer near you…Easy) The problem for both is a difference in culture, the internet can transcend this….for an introduction anyway.

Always think with the dig head! Upstairs for thinking….Down stairs for dancing!

Hi ‘expatdreamer’

I am going to be honest here, the last time I posted a reply on TV to a topic about internet dating, I gave the people who were, in my opinion at the time missing the social skills to interact face to face and arrange a date, were going to be eaten alive in Thailand and, sorry to say a bunch of ‘wasters’ for going down this route.

Well, I admit I was wrong…..on both counts…..The first, not all the girls will rip you off and not all the guys on the these web-sites are ‘wasters’

The problem is not the web-sites, it’s the gullibility of the men looking for love on them…if some bloke is dumb enough to fall for some of the bull shit he’s given, and goes for the 18 year old ‘bint’ that describes her likes as ‘bald fat sweaty men of any age’…….Then sorry boys, you deserve all you suffer and the girls deserve all they get. Why….? Well, as I see it; Thailand is a conservative country, for those of you who have never been or only been for the two week holiday in Pattaya…You need to understand good girls will not be telling you they love you after you reply to their post and pushing for a meet, (believe it or not) If some idiots believe the crap they see on TV or read in the ‘Sun’ newspaper….’Up to them’ about Thailand and it’s lose morals.

Nice girls, (don’t read into that, you know what I mean) DO post on these sites…..I know at least 5, nice girls, between 30 and 40 years of age looking for love….The whole nine yard. In there words……They are now getting passed over in Thai culture, they have good jobs, sense of humor, speak English…………But sorry…They don’t hang around ‘bar beers’……funny that a!

There are lots of nice girls in Thailand who are honestly happy to meet a nice guy from anywhere.

OK, I’ve been waffling on…But things to look out for IMHO…….. If they are being pushy, (trying to move things along to fast) trying to get you to use email/MSN and not the dating site, (they may be priming you for money, as they will be kicked of the dating site for this) find out what do they do for a living.

Just remember getting ripped of takes two…….and who is the fool in that relationship?

Let me leave you with this thought, I have no doubt there are as many great girls in Thailand looking for the same thing as western men, a relationship, (if it a knee ‘trembler’….get on a plane and go to a bar beer near you…Easy) The problem for both is a difference in culture, the internet can transcend this….for an introduction anyway.

Always think with the dig head! Upstairs for thinking….Down stairs for dancing!

I must agree with this - I know a few women who went on TLL - they are all not married because they concentrated on their careers, are all around their 30th birthday and just normal girls. Not outstandingly beautiful and not stone ugly - just normal. All can speak fairly good English as they all worked in positions where they had to (one for example worked in a office dealing with foreign language teacher contracts - so dealt with English teachers daily). Two say they have no interest in Thai men at all and the other has decided that Thai men that she would be interested in are not interested in a 31 year old mid wage earner.

I guess, as always, its just a case of sorting the wheat from the chaf.

Never trust Any Thai lady who tells you they don't like Thai men- its what they think farang men want to hear. Sure they will tell u about their ex Thai bf who was a drunk/lazy / violent - all bs to make u feel special. Funnily enough it tends to be farang men age 50 plus who fall for this most. And they ought t be wiser ! Anyway one born every minute I guess. ....

Never trust Any Thai lady who tells you they don't like Thai men- its what they think farang men want to hear. Sure they will tell u about their ex Thai bf who was a drunk/lazy / violent - all bs to make u feel special. Funnily enough it tends to be farang men age 50 plus who fall for this most. And they ought t be wiser ! Anyway one born every minute I guess. ....

I dont think the drunk/lazy route is too far-fetched. Many of those back in the west. I can only imagine some thai people that have nothing better to do. Dont pay any rent, or care to have any "real" sense of responsibility. And then layer the "saving face" mindset on top of that.

Gf's brother is one of those. He blames some of his laziness on fear that police may arrest him for avoiding his military conscription....so he prefers to lay low and take advantage of his fathers kindness/weakness.

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app.