New Click 125I

simoncnx

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few more facts about the real Click-i 125.

True, it has but one spring. But so what? So do many power bikes. Look on the other side and you'll see what has not been on earlier models - strong support for even rear-wheel running. Seek out a bike to see if it's an aluminum casting (555).

It's claimed helmet-hole is somewhat larger than it looks in photos when it's empty; beneath my rain gear are a book and my bungee cords, plus essential papers (no green book yet, of course).

I've modified the bike so far only in slight ways. The seat has been widened (I liked the Hayate's better than an Elegance, for width) and shaped backward. The Click is bigger, but not so roomy I believe as these other two.

I also replaced the mirrors with PCX ones. The only scarcely widen slither width but as they are higher present, for me, about a 50% better view.

This bike is very quick; a lighter driver could doubtless initiate a wheelie. So far, however, since I'm not quite arrived at the 500km (free) oil change, I cannot represent a top speed. It does appear that the speedometer is 11% optimistic (dam_n all social-behavior designers) and in these early days the bike is quick to bob up and down. That is, it does not cruise over rough surfaces with the aplomb of an Elegance or Hayate (let alone the PCX) yet. But turning at speed is easier.

I'm having no difficulty adapting to the combi-brake. It's a little like a poor man's ABS (but we're not to trust it that way), but I do believe that newbies will be less likely to lock up the front brake in a panic if they're orientated in favor of the combi function.

Where would one get it modified like you did in Chiang Mai? Could a change in the back spring/shock also increase the comfort and ride of the bike?

"pressure drops from 33 to 22 psi in 2 weeks any idea"

i have the same issue with my PCX 150 - need to refill every 2 weeks latest, i put 29 front and 39 back

Change of weather/air pressure contributes to that. I've had to top up the wheels every two weeks or so, on every bike I've owned here for the past 14 years.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know of a mod for older Clicks that would improve its rear wheel support. Don't know that it would improve anything with a Thai on a smaller engine.

All bike tyres in Thailand with inner tubes leak air. Theories vary regarding the very rubber to notions about valves, but a regular check is necessary. I even fetched a reliable gauge from afar.

I've just filled my tank again and supervised the third filling to be sure it was as the first - full, full. Average 45km/l in exclusively city scooting - and I'm breaking in the bike the new fashioned way, with a heavy hand and no limits (and changing the oil nearly as frequently as adding fuel). I do leave activated the engine stop feature that comes with the latest Forwards, as we have some traffic lights in CM with 2.5 minute delays.

As for the Click being the best/best, it is really just a compromise, as is every vehicle. Small wheels, somewhat shorter wheel base, and a fairly stiff suspension confer wonderful quickness and maneuverability, but the bike is nothing so comfy for cruising distances as Elegance or even Hayate; the Click hops. At speeds anywhere near 100 (speedo), you don't take off your hands unless you want a sense of wobble. (However, I can also use my hands to steady it and open it up to the max.)

It's eventual max, once properly broken in, is not likely to be shocking (it's a 125!!, but the bike's promise for engine durability, what with liquid cooling and Esp - from Honda - may set records better than the Cub. Unless I'm the driver.biggrin.png

Edited by CMX

• 1 month later...

just bought the click 125i. really happy with it, feels good, handles well and quick off the mark.

Sometimes though when i turn up the throttle to me it sounds a little throaty. is this the normal sound on these bikes.

also what air pressure is good or reccommended for front and rear tyres.

just bought the click 125i. really happy with it, feels good, handles well and quick off the mark.

Sometimes though when i turn up the throttle to me it sounds a little throaty. is this the normal sound on these bikes.

also what air pressure is good or reccommended for front and rear tyres.

Try 28psi and 32psi - do you not have a sticker telling you the pressure on the bike ?

mine has idle stop........but normally turn it off around the Chalong roundabout....due to cutting out.....very spontanious when you crack the throttle open and fires back into motion instantly ........not a bad feature but would not recommend if you dont have lengthy delays at lights etc....supposed to save 7% on fuel???

Do you get a service manual in english with the bike, or is it just Thai, with a few translations? Also would like to know about the tires, tubless or not, on the "idling stop" model? The sales lady really didnt understand what I meant, even though I mentioned "condom", although she did to seem more friendly after that! hahahaha. What I mean, are they standard, or do they cost extra?

The choice of colors didnt seem to be so good either, everything they had, looked plastic, of course which it is, but it doesnt have to look that way. This was a small shop in Pattaya, so not a lot in stock, but at least the girls seemed friendly, and tried to help. It was one of the Mitton shops, so I wasnt expecting much.

Anyway, looks like the new Click is the bike to buy.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a 2012 Click 125i early this year and still enjoy it very much. The only downside to it so far is that it has been hard to find a lot of options when it comes to customizing it. There are things available for the older versions, but not the new 2012's. It's been very frustrating for me here in Chiang Mai trying to find a place that sells more than one item at a time for customizing the new Click.

Some of the bikes are built from the get go to be customized. (PCX, Scoopy, Zoomer jsut to name a few) I will have to keep that in mind if Iever get a new ride.

Googling the Click i 125 and horsepower leads to at least one article claiming 13.5HP for the bike.

Bit late here! 10.9hp is stock form. Unless something has changed recently.

Between 11.8 and 12.9 with some mods. Variator adds the first bit, the exhaust the last. But HP doesn't tell the whole story!

• Like 1

13.5bhp, i didn't believe that the first time i read it. I mean come on, the Yamaha 125 is pretty advanced regarding it’s engine (yes it's a carb) And that puts out 10.5bhp, no way the Click has nearly 30% more power from just adding FI and any other little alterations Honda might have included.

Mine is great so far. A heck of a difference between my 6 year old Mio for a scooter ! I had to shave 1" off the seat foam for the GF but no big deal there. Idle stop - good feature. I really think you get great value for money on all of the various models on offer nowadays.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

4 weeks ago @Mityon Pattaya Klang opposite Big C Extra:

51,800 for the bike & 55,500 including, reg, tax, 2 years theft plus cheaper price for 2 helmets, disc lock, free key rings etc, etc.

Edited by DMC1

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the 125i in Chiang Mai and it came with a Thai manual. I did a Google search for an English version which got me to this thread.

Anyone know how to get one in English?

I recently downloaded the PCX150 manual and was wondering if most of the maintenance information would be valid for the new Click.

I bought the Click 125I without the idle stop feature since I already got into the habit of turning off the engine when I sensed or saw that I would be waiting for at least 20m seconds. I started doing this with the rentals because I don't like the idea of polluting the air more than I have to.

Since I now own this little gem, I was wondering if the idle stop feature pretty much does the same as manually stop and starting your mc?

Is too much stop and starting the mc good for the starter? I don't want to be burning a little less fuel at the cost of prematurely wearing out the starter?

If manually stop and starting the mc does not wear out the starter then is a good idea to mimick the idle stop by turning off the mc even for a 10 second stop?

I know in Chiang Mai, I never see the Thais with automatic mcs turning off their engines. I don't know if they know something I don't or they just don't think about burning a little less fuel.

I bought the Click 125I without the idle stop feature since I already got into the habit of turning off the engine when I sensed or saw that I would be waiting for at least 20m seconds. I started doing this with the rentals because I don't like the idea of polluting the air more than I have to.

Since I now own this little gem, I was wondering if the idle stop feature pretty much does the same as manually stop and starting your mc?

Is too much stop and starting the mc good for the starter? I don't want to be burning a little less fuel at the cost of prematurely wearing out the starter?

If manually stop and starting the mc does not wear out the starter then is a good idea to mimick the idle stop by turning off the mc even for a 10 second stop?

I know in Chiang Mai, I never see the Thais with automatic mcs turning off their engines. I don't know if they know something I don't or they just don't think about burning a little less fuel.

The bikes with the idle stop system have a different type of starter (not sure what it is) which is not affected by the frequent starts...

OK, bikes using the idle stop systems do not have conventional starters (with a gear), but are started by the generator (which once the engine runs then generates electricity).

More info here:

http://world.honda.c...ok/idling-stop/

So doing the same all the time with a bike equipped with a normal starter does indeed risk wearing out the conventional starter system early.

On my old click, the starter gear broke at around the 60,000 km mark, and that is with only one start per trip, not stopping the engine at every red light!

The starter itself is still OK, and the gear was cheap to replace (800 Baht)

I even heard/read somewhere (at least for cars) that everytime you start up your engine you use more fuel than if you had just let it sit idling at the lights. So vagabond you may be doing more harm than good.

On a modern fuel injected engine that isn't the case.

It only takes 2-3 revolutions to fire a modern scooter into life, 2-3 injection cycles Vs 1000+ while sitting at a set of traffic lights....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cant hardly even hear when the click starts up at a stop light, great feature, once you get used to it. Just make sure you have your other hand on the break when it starts, it may surprise you and get away. (No, Im not a long time bike rider) I have 2500km on mine now, and love it, but there is a bit of vibration, when first starting and accelerating. Head lights are not quite the best either, and with far lights on, cant see much of anything, since the blue light is so bright, so will put a piece of tap over part of it.