I Need New Tyres For Fortuner

Banzai99

I see many Fortuners with expensive aftermarket wheels and tyres, any places where I can pick up a set of original wheels and tyres for a good price ?

I have a 2006 Fortuner that needs new tyres shortly, thought I may be able to get a set of wheels and tyres from a new truck at a good price as my wheels are a bit damaged, looks like corrosion of some sort, 6 years of weather and dogs piss takes its toll I guess.

Have the original Bridgestones on the motor, still look OK but have done 80,000, it has just had the 80,000 Kms service and the tyres where not mentioned at Toyota but I want to get new ones when I get back to Thailand.

Any ideas of the prices for new Tyres, also what i could get a set of wheels and tyres that have been traded in for some flashy wheels ?

Cheers guys.

at the wheels and tyre shops

20k baht or less should get you 17inchers with the late 2008 new Bridgstone Duellers on-road tyres, not the old crap design you presently have

if you find them, welcome to a new world of tuna driving

Thanks KBB,

Are the wheels on the later Fortuners bigger than the earlier models and a straight swap, and will it feel different to the original set I have now ?

I'll have to ask around the Tyre shops in Pattaya when I get back, you reckon 20k will get me a set of wheels and tyres, that's not so bad.

Even though the tyres on my Tuna look ok, 6 years old and 80,000 Kms they probably need replacing.

at the wheels and tyre shops

20k baht or less should get you 17inchers with the late 2008 new Bridgstone Duellers on-road tyres, not the old crap design you presently have

if you find them, welcome to a new world of tuna driving

Thanks KBB,

Are the wheels on the later Fortuners bigger than the earlier models and a straight swap, and will it feel different to the original set I have now ?

I'll have to ask around the Tyre shops in Pattaya when I get back, you reckon 20k will get me a set of wheels and tyres, that's not so bad.

Even though the tyres on my Tuna look ok, 6 years old and 80,000 Kms they probably need replacing.

to tell you the truth, the tyres on your 2006 tuna where crap when they where new, I have owned same tyres, noisy, heavy steering and terrible traction. The 16" Michelin are better

The 17" mentioned above are far better, and you will initially notice much lighter steering and lower noise level. Ad huge increase in traction

look is not verything, your 6yo tyres are simply dangerous, they are totally worne out by UV rays and have less than half the traction they had 6 years ago

the new 17" swap right over, make sure you get their bolts as I cant recall if the 16" bolts fit new rim design

I got thb 30000 for my new vigo champ wheels 265/65/17 with michelin when I traded for new 20 inch wheels with yokohama in pattaya a few weeks ago

Thanks for that info,

Doubt I'll be getting a set of Fortuner wheels and tyres for 20,000 baht then. mellow.png

I got thb 30000 for my new vigo champ wheels 265/65/17 with michelin when I traded for new 20 inch wheels with yokohama in pattaya a few weeks ago

Thanks for that info,

Doubt I'll be getting a set of Fortuner wheels and tyres for 20,000 baht then. mellow.png

I was offered them by manit Center max here in Phuket at 20k baht a few months ago, used perhaps 50km, sold the tuna few days later tho with the old wheels