Buy Clothes Here Or In England?

sidjameson

Marks and Spencers. Pair of leather boat shoes for 40 quid. High quality pure cotton polo shirts specially designed to keep you cool 8-12 quid each. T-shirts a fiver. The best knickers and socks in the business. Don't know about jeans but you can buy two pairs of their basic chinos for 30 quid.

Well said M and S shareholder! Sadly the shop has slipped from grace and is no longer the bastion of good quality products that is was once famed for, slashing quality to keep margins up, staid ranges that dont aim at the whole range aims has takne its toll. For along time they did not believe their customers would ever dessert them, over the year they have and its a lot harder to win them back.

By all means have a look and see if they have learnt anything, dont be surprised if you dont.

When was the last time you bought any clothes at M&S?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IME M&S have slipped bah.gif

I would not buy underwear or socks there any more, far too expensive and not the quality they used to be.

Get those items before you leave

Must disagree, mine are 10 yrs old and perfect. Worn once and washed, still going strong. They may not look much BUT they are good. drunk.gif

How can 10 year old skiddies be perfect? w00t.gif

I would not buy underwear or socks there any more, far too expensive and not the quality they used to be.

Must disagree, mine are 10 yrs old and perfect. Worn once and washed, still going strong. They may not look much BUT they are good. drunk.gif

Through lack of action........

That's an M & S secret. cowboy.gif

I've had a few Thai visitors to the UK in the last year or two who have stocked up on clothes for their trip but then found that prices on many items were better in the UK. TK Maxx is a good tip. My vote would go to: buy in the UK. My current visitor tells me that even geniuine Liverpool FC shirts/jackets are cheaper, which I found surprising.

Edited by citizen33

for someone who was in the retail game 20years the old saying comes to mind,never mind the quality feel the width.pk.or polo shirts i have always found to be good quality even the copys,had one suit and some shorts made on sukvt.rd 20years ago still like new,if i remember £135,jeans and shirts next clearance shops,t.k.max and t.j.hughes you wont find better at a fraction of the retail price,you will find a lot of branded stuff also