Motorbike Modifications

kenny999

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a shop opposite Keehin near Central called Teera Motorcycle (http://www.tpmotorcycle.com/) that can source exhausts etc... for you, they're not cheap tho! Also http://www.apshop-racing.com/ mail order from BKK

I prefere to stay away from Teera, never tried to google them but with all he negative posts about them and the extreme prices...............

Op choose your bike first, CB250 and Ninja250 different suppliers

Then find the parts you want, not likely in Phuket even at double price

Then there are several small shops can do a decent job

Test drove the Ducati 795 today, it's is an awesome looking bike, so fast you have to hang for dear life, downside is the riding position, felt like I was being pushed into the tank and wrists were hurting after only 10 Min's, 4020,000 bht on the road,extras sooo expensive!! so straight to Kawasaki and they had the new I assume 2012 ER6n as it was different from mine I owned last year, riding position excellent, in white and black superb,just over 150,000 on the road sealed the deal, free decent helmet and jacket, i month wait. excited!!

Test drove the Ducati 795 today, it's is an awesome looking bike, so fast you have to hang for dear life, downside is the riding position, felt like I was being pushed into the tank and wrists were hurting after only 10 Min's, 4020,000 bht on the road,extras sooo expensive!! so straight to Kawasaki and they had the new I assume 2012 ER6n as it was different from mine I owned last year, riding position excellent, in white and black superb,just over 150,000 on the road sealed the deal, free decent helmet and jacket, i month wait. excited!!

congrats

assume thats 250k baht tho

and the most easy bike to sort aftermarket parts for in TH, even 2012 exhaust should be sorted by the time you get it

I am sure this is the 2012 bike as it is different in a few places from my ER6n of last year, the exhaust is slightly different too. just found out Akrapovic system for this bike is 36,000 bht. yes 250,000 bht

The 2012 exhaust is very different from 2009-2011. Akropovic price depends on who you ask, I think I can get it for approx 25k baht on the 2012, incl installation. Let me know if you want it, as it takes a few weeks to get it all

The main difference with the exhaust is that new 2012 model has a one piece system so you can't just buy a slip on, you need the headers/mid section as well...... bumps the price up... Looks much better than the 2011 IMHO, mine arrives next week :) :)

Did they throw in a free helmet/jacket for you???

Yes free decent helmet and jacket, as for the Akaprovic I have looked at the figures and you only get 3 bhp gain so spending 36,000 bht is just not worth it!! the 2012 bike looks much better, mine is white and black looks great.

Yes free decent helmet and jacket, as for the Akaprovic I have looked at the figures and you only get 3 bhp gain so spending 36,000 bht is just not worth it!! the 2012 bike looks much better, mine is white and black looks great.

I might have to try and tap them up for some freebies when I go in the collect the bike and make the balance payment..... They always seem to act as tho i'm inconveniencing them when I pop in there.....(even with a bag full of cash!! 555) when I went in there to buy/order the bike they even seemed to want to send me away, i've never had such difficulty giving a local money before!

I have mine booked into the body shop the day after arrival as well, I wanted a bit more colour than just black or white :) Can't wait!! Let the good time roll!

My gf asked them "what freebies do we get" answer, "helmet and jacket" I have already got my Monster energy tank pad 1/3rd of the Kawasaki price, will have the same on the small front fairing's, ordered my digital gear indicator as I can never remember what gear I am in which is very annoying(5,500 coming from Bangkok)

So are you saying that they offer the Helmet + Jacket as standard? They didn't mention this to me before, im sure if I don't say anything they'll happily keep them..? What graphics are you getting?

everyone paying 1900 baht reg/plate fee gets the helmet and black jacket, helmets are crap and my maid use the jackets

The main difference with the exhaust is that new 2012 model has a one piece system so you can't just buy a slip on, you need the headers/mid section as well...... bumps the price up... Looks much better than the 2011 IMHO, mine arrives next week smile.pngsmile.png

Did they throw in a free helmet/jacket for you???

yep 2009-2011 headers from kwaker dealer at almost 4k baht, Acropivic I buy from California as it comes with Lambda connection. Plug and play installed by Kawasaki Phuket, total 25k baht

The free helmet I was showed was of good quality and looked great in Mat black and it will certainly safe your life, as far as I am aware the akrapovic for the 2011 bike is 25k as it is the slip on, for the 2012 bike it is 36,000 as it is the full system, the gear indicator price wise is similar to the UK.

Yea I got it from Teera Motorcycle opposite Keehin, price was ฿36,000, they wanted more but I said I had found the arrow full system for that and unless they matched it I would buy from somewhere else, still v.expensive tho. Actually what they have done is supplied headers & mid section made by Arrow and then added the Two Brothers Slip On - TBH this suits me fine because I like Arrow but didn't like the look of their ER6n exhaust tip. It took them about 4 days to get the bits sent down from BKK

I'd also like to point out I didn't buy the system because i'm chasing any kind of power gain, just because I think the engine of the ER6N sounds terrible and I nearly didn't buy the bike because of it, but value for money the Kawasaki seems impossible to beat, hopefully this will put my only concern about this bike to bed smile.png

post-134363-0-18934700-1328929752_thumb.

Edited by walker600

Yea I got it from Teera Motorcycle opposite Keehin, price was ฿36,000, they wanted more but I said I had found the arrow full system for that and unless they matched it I would buy from somewhere else, still v.expensive tho. Actually what they have done is supplied headers & mid section made by Arrow and then added the Two Brothers Slip On - TBH this suits me fine because I like Arrow but didn't like the look of their ER6n exhaust tip. It took them about 4 days to get the bits sent down from BKK

I'd also like to point out I didn't buy the system because i'm chasing any kind of power gain, just because I think the engine of the ER6N sounds terrible and I nearly didn't buy the bike because of it, but value for money the Kawasaki seems impossible to beat, hopefully this will put my only concern about this bike to bed smile.png

ooch, 2 bros 2012 is 23k baht installed. and it is hooligan load so you wont hear engine or chainclap2.gif

ooch, 2 bros 2012 is 23k baht installed. and it is hooligan load so you wont hear engine or chainclap2.gif

Shibby, i'm not gonna get upset about the price, the only thing that put me off about the bike was the engine sound, clearly that won't be a problem now biggrin.png

I can see how the slip on might only be ฿23k but unless they're gonna cut through the stock exhaust with a hacksaw what about the headers etc? Also don't you think the 2012 black series looks a bit dull?

Shibby, i'm not gonna get upset about the price, the only thing that put me off about the bike was the engine sound, clearly that won't be a problem now biggrin.png

I can see how the slip on might only be ฿23k but unless they're gonna cut through the stock exhaust with a hacksaw what about the headers etc? Also don't you think the 2012 black series looks a bit dull?

2 bros slip on 18, headers 4, installation by kawasaki Phuket and we have charged 23k baht. Did you get a db killer for the 2 bros? still very loud with it in place, but at least they dont wake up in the next village at 3am

as for color, a ninja must be kwaker greenpost-81971-0-00338200-1328933661_thumb.j

as everyone know the green bikes are the fastest, just kidding

I v had Ninjas in plasma blue, diablo black, white pearl and presently kwaker green, and black is dull

swapping color today, I think I d go true red/ flame red/ ducati red/ferrari red, matching my GF cargiggle.gif

Yea I got the DB killer, don't want to upset the neighbours too much!

I did ask at Kawasaki Phuket about exhaust's and other bits n pieces, and well lets just say I found them less then helpful..... mellow.png

I'm gonna get mine sprayed in something similar to fords performance blue!

Yea I got the DB killer, don't want to upset the neighbours too much!

I did ask at Kawasaki Phuket about exhaust's and other bits n pieces, and well lets just say I found them less then helpful..... mellow.png

I'm gonna get mine sprayed in something similar to fords performance blue!

aurora blue as new ranger and fiesta? cool

kwaker phuket is basicly clueless except on supplying bikes. however having them install, warranty isnt voided