Motorbike Modifications

kenny999

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first post there doesn't seem to have a picture, but I was talking about the rear hugger not the tail tidy, altho the first picture you put up of the tail tidy looks pretty sweet.

I was just doing some reading/looking through the parts in my closet and the Two Bros system doesn't have a bung for the o2 sensor... should be easy to get one welded on but certainly not something to overlook........

Any of you guys know where the o2 sensor connects to the exhaust on the 2012 model?

This one?

thats the one I presently have on 2011 kwakergreen, but I prefere the stock indicators as the diode ones are not visible at daytime. easy to swap. it needs to be tilted far out to avoid splash on passengers back

post-81971-0-33827800-1329013281_thumb.j

boys and toys, my mum always said the only change when boys get older is the price of their toys, she was rightgiggle.gif

This one?

thats the one I presently have on 2011 kwakergreen, but I prefere the stock indicators as the diode ones are not visible at daytime. easy to swap. it needs to be tilted far out to avoid splash on passengers back

boys and toys, my mum always said the only change when boys get older is the price of their toys, she was rightgiggle.gif

Did you have your Apaprovic installed by Kawasaki? if so did they tune the engine to match the exhaust. etc

This one?

Where did you buy the tail tidy?

This one?

Did you have your Apaprovic installed by Kawasaki? if so did they tune the engine to match the exhaust. etc

got this bike secondhand used a few days and 720km, with Akropovic installed by kwaker, but they cant tune engine in any way. for more power and fuel, you need a juice box to connect to ECU, either manual tune on dyno(no dyno in Phuket, nearest is BKK as far as I know), or autotune. both at a price. IMHO not worth it

This one?

Where did you buy the tail tidy?

ninja650shop.com, have to ship to US adress first, then ship to TH. Initial shipping adress must be same as CC billingadress

Just been messing around in photoshop of what it should look like....

pretty close to kwaker plasma blue, in Th model 2010 onlypost-81971-0-77408200-1328965382_thumb.j

If you click to enlarge this photo, you can see my first tail tidy, well actually this is my GF bike, stock rear splash guard cut with an angle grinder behind reg plate. Free fix

edit, howcome the quotes dont include photos? sorry guys have to go back to post with blue bike in white pickup to click photo

Just been messing around in photoshop of what it should look like....

pretty close to kwaker plasma blue, in Th model 2010 onlypost-81971-0-77408200-1328965382_thumb.j

If you click to enlarge this photo, you can see my first tail tidy, well actually this is my GF bike, stock rear splash guard cut with an angle grinder behind reg plate. Free fix

I was thinking something along these lines myself, im quite handy and have all the tools, as long as its cut behind the plate you should never know!

This one?

got this bike secondhand used a few days and 720km, with Akropovic installed by kwaker, but they cant tune engine in any way. for more power and fuel, you need a juice box to connect to ECU, either manual tune on dyno(no dyno in Phuket, nearest is BKK as far as I know), or autotune. both at a price. IMHO not worth it

So if you can not get the engine tuned to match the Akraprovic is there any point in getting the new exhaust other than just for looks, will you get the extra hp if you just fit the Aprapovic without tuning it?

So if you can not get the engine tuned to match the Akraprovic is there any point in getting the new exhaust other than just for looks, will you get the extra hp if you just fit the Aprapovic without tuning it?

the dyno results presented by the major exhaust players like Akropivic, 2 bros, Leo Vince, Arrow etc are with can only, so yes it improves power above 3k rpm as stated. be aware all the aftermarket cans reduce power at 1500-3000rpm, less resistance in exhaust. er6 doesnt like below 3k rpm anyway. good readup at ninja650shop.com

juice box provides additional power

According to my web search and going through Apapovic web site Teera motorcycles are the only supplier of Apapovic exhausts in Thailand, if this is the case then I assume the Phuket Branch should be able to fit and tune the ER6n to the exhaust, I am not up on the tech side of things so my question is: if the Apapovic is fitted without any engine tuning will the exhaust improve performance?

Edited by kenny999

According to my web search and going through Apapovic web site Teera motorcycles are the only supplier of Apapovic exhausts in Thailand, if this is the case then I assume the Phuket Branch should be able to fit and tune the ER6n to the exhaust, I am not up on the tech side of things so my question is: if the Apapovic is fitted without any engine tuning will the exhaust improve performance?

yes, approx 3-4hp at 11k rpm, approx 5-6hp at 7k rpm

I would keep Teera far away from tuning my bike, any make

yes, approx 3-4hp at 11k rpm, approx 5-6hp at 7k rpm

I would keep Teera far away from tuning my bike, any make

I will order my exhaust through them, do you recommend they fit it or should I take it somewhere else? they also supply the many mods available for the ER6n and have already received my gear tronic Solo.

I will order my exhaust through them, do you recommend they fit it or should I take it somewhere else? they also supply the many mods available for the ER6n and have already received my gear tronic Solo.

tough one,

if you buy parts from them and they dont fit or work, they will blame someone else

on the other hand, if you have an engine issue and kwaker hasnt installed gear indicator, they can blame it on fiddling with ecu. same goes with echaust, they can claim lambda hasnt been connected full time

I order parts overseas, and have kwaker fit them

so I pass

tough one,

if you buy parts from them and they dont fit or work, they will blame someone else

on the other hand, if you have an engine issue and kwaker hasnt installed gear indicator, they can blame it on fiddling with ecu. same goes with echaust, they can claim lambda hasnt been connected full time

I order parts overseas, and have kwaker fit them

so I pass

The gear tronic is a plug and play from Italy so top quality, no problem there, the exhaust and all other parts I get can be fitted by Kawasaki is that correct?

Edited by LivinginKata

Naming and shaming is illegal in TH, despite telling the truth, so can not comment on bikes, parts or work supplied by Teera

That is not the question I asked!! I asked this question, if I get the exhaust from teera along with other parts will Kawasaki fit them and at what cost?

Naming and shaming is illegal in TH, despite telling the truth, so can not comment on bikes, parts or work supplied by Teera

That is not the question I asked!! I asked this question, if I get the exhaust from teera along with other parts will Kawasaki fit them and at what cost?

I should be popping into Kwaka in the next few days, i'll try and ask for you.....

Does anybody know if kawasaki fits a part not for road use would that void the warranty? Road laws are different to correct engine care...

kawasaki Phuket will fit any exhaust accepting the lambda sensor, do not know the exact cost for 2012, but max 1.000 baht

I should be popping into Kwaka in the next few days, i'll try and ask for you.....

Does anybody know if kawasaki fits a part not for road use would that void the warranty? Road laws are different to correct engine care...

Are you fitting your own exhaust?

kawasaki Phuket will fit any exhaust accepting the lambda sensor, do not know the exact cost for 2012, but max 1.000 baht

Sorry, again I am not up on all the tech side I just buy em and drive em, the Lambda sensor can be fitted by who? a lot of trouble it seems to get anything done here!!

I was hoping to as I like doing that kind of stuff, but then I found out that the system I bought doesn't have a bung for the o2 sensor to fit in so I will need to get one welded to the new headers........ Should be dead easy once I find out where to buy the bung. I emailed Teera to ask if they could weld one on for me and they just said they would rather fit the whole exhaust... As long as the do it properly and fit the sensor without bypassing it then ok, should be fine, but i'm gonna check with them first for what they intend to do about it......

There's a good thread about it here: <<Not to post URL links to other forums >>

Some of the non-us exhaust have the o2 sensor bung pre-installed and they should just bolt right on

Edited by metisdead

I was hoping to as I like doing that kind of stuff, but then I found out that the system I bought doesn't have a bung for the o2 sensor to fit in so I will need to get one welded to the new headers........ Should be dead easy once I find out where to buy the bung. I emailed Teera to ask if they could weld one on for me and they just said they would rather fit the whole exhaust... As long as the do it properly and fit the sensor without bypassing it then ok, should be fine, but i'm gonna check with them first for what they intend to do about it......

There's a good thread about it here: <<Not to post URL links to other forums >>

Some of the non-us exhaust have the o2 sensor bung pre-installed and they should just bolt right on

Can you let me know how you get on with Teera.

Edited by metisdead

Sorry, again I am not up on all the tech side I just buy em and drive em, the Lambda sensor can be fitted by who? a lot of trouble it seems to get anything done here!!

a lot of trouble get anything done properly in Phuket

for a start you need an exhaust with factory Lambda sensor bung, as mentioned in previous post I get them in California spec. Or it needs to be drilled a hole and welded in a stainless steel bung.

Without a lambda sensor, your engine leanburns contantly and pistons are cooked (holes in them) within a few hundred km

as we have read in previous posts in this topic, walker600 has recieved from Teera an exhaust not made for his bike, and thus need to have it modified as above

It is imortant to install bung in correct position to avoid damaged wirning or sensor

Think I will be keeping the original exhaust, I realy can not be bothered fuffing about trying to modify a different exhaust and from what I can gather not a huge difference in performance. saving 36,000 bht also is attractive!!

Does the Akaprovic come with the bung installed?

Edited by kenny999

Think I will be keeping the original exhaust, I realy can not be bothered fuffing about trying to modify a different exhaust and from what I can gather not a huge difference in performance. saving 36,000 bht also is attractive!!

and superquietcowboy.gif

If Walker has a successful installation from Teera then it could be on again!!

Does the Akaprovic come with the bung installed?

depends on where it is sourced, which market it is intended for

all cans I have supplied come with factory bung, ready to bolt on, takes 45 minutes on 2009-2011, about 20 minutes more on 2012