Motorbike Modifications

kenny999

boy racers disconnect ABS

Keeps the rubber side down for me on unpredictable Th roads with oil, sand and water spots

been a non ABS rider for +30 years, ABS only for past 3 years, will never go back to non ABS on public roads

I am no boy racer and the reviews for this bike are very good, I have never in 40yrs of driving cars and riding bikes ever need the help of ABS,m yes it is good to have but not everything!!

I avoid driving in the wet at all costs, if I should get caught out in the wet I drive very very slowly as I have no confidence in riding in wet conditions!!

wet conditions are not slippery, neither is snow or cold ice

dry paved roads with water spill from watertrucks are extremely slippery

ABS is not everything, its just an aid. An aid making me able to slam the breaks with full power at any time and stop in the shortest distance possibel. Doesnt make me ride faster. makes me ride non ABS bikes much slower

and for kwaker Th to launch z1000 without the 15.000 baht ABS, what a bummer

ducati done the same to keep its cheap TH made bike at 399k baht

a simple honda 250 thumper at 115k baht comes with abs these days

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am no boy racer and the reviews for this bike are very good, I have never in 40yrs of driving cars and riding bikes ever need the help of ABS,m yes it is good to have but not everything!!

I avoid driving in the wet at all costs, if I should get caught out in the wet I drive very very slowly as I have no confidence in riding in wet conditions!!

ABS is not everything, its just an aid. An aid making me able to slam the breaks with full power at any time and stop in the shortest distance possibel. Doesnt make me ride faster. makes me ride non ABS bikes much slower

You want to slam your brakes on at full power? Not having ABS brakes would not make me drive slower as I do not drive like a lunatic and feel the need to slam the brakes on, as I said in over 40yrs of driving I have never had to slam my brakes on!! but again obviously it is an advantage to have ABS, it's an aid that can lead you in to false sense of security!!

You want to slam your brakes on at full power? Not having ABS brakes would not make me drive slower as I do not drive like a lunatic and feel the need to slam the brakes on, as I said in over 40yrs of driving I have never had to slam my brakes on!! but again obviously it is an advantage to have ABS, it's an aid that can lead you in to false sense of security!!

with full power, or at full power

I was talking at braking power as in braking force

If you v never slammed your brakes, you have never needed to emergency stop, tells all about your riding, but now you want to ride a 136hp bike, in Phuket

I hit my brakes many times a day, saves lives

and for kwaker Th to launch z1000 without the 15.000 baht ABS, what a bummer

ducati done the same to keep its cheap TH made bike at 399k baht

a simple honda 250 thumper at 115k baht comes with abs these days

It does seem silly not to have ABS on such a big bike, I wonder why that is?

Please explain, if you are hitting your brakes many times a day you are obviously driving far to fast and far to close, I never drive close and I never drive too fast but I do drive fast when it is safe to do so!!

Are you one of these people that assume big powerfull bike means going very very fast? To me driving a big powerfull bike is about the beast beneath,the sound,the look, nothing to do with breakneck speed.

The UK Z1000 also does not come with ABS!! although the Z1000sx and the Z1000sx tourer have ABS does not make sense!!

none kwaker650 in UK have ABS as standard, option to charge for. Standard on all TH 650s since august 2009

its not about going fast, its about stopping fast and with the rubberside still down. Its a new world of riding

The UK Z1000 also does not come with ABS!! although the Z1000sx and the Z1000sx tourer have ABS does not make sense!!

none kwaker650 in UK have ABS as standard, option to charge for. Standard on all TH 650s since august 2009

its not about going fast, its about stopping fast and with the rubberside still down. Its a new world of riding

ABS is a braking aid it is not something you should rely on, it is far better and safer to adopt a driving style where Abs is never used, all the big bikes and cars I have had the ABS has been un-used, I prefer to rely on my skill as a driver!! but again it is handy to have it there just in case!!

ABS is a braking aid it is not something you should rely on, it is far better and safer to adopt a driving style where Abs is never used, all the big bikes and cars I have had the ABS has been un-used, I prefer to rely on my skill as a driver!! but again it is handy to have it there just in case!!

I find it far better to use the brakes hard enough to activate ABS every single week, makes me prepared to avoid an incident. So I do.

Optimal braking with ABS is very different from optimal braking without ABS, so lots of trainig to change reaction behavior to become a safer rider

and I do know what ABS is, I worked developing it

As promised, it's back from the body shop and here are the first pictures.......

So far we have

*Custom Paint Job

*Two Brothers Exhaust

*3m rim tape

*Custom tail tidy

*Under glow lights

Next on the adgenda is a radiator protector and then it's finnished

post-134363-0-17569700-1330235636_thumb.

post-134363-0-32169700-1330235680_thumb.

post-134363-0-87012100-1330235727_thumb.

post-134363-0-42410200-1330235834_thumb.

post-134363-0-00732700-1330235858_thumb.

post-134363-0-94016400-1330235870_thumb.

post-134363-0-93547200-1330235880_thumb.

As promised, it's back from the body shop and here are the first pictures.......

So far we have

*Custom Paint Job

*Two Brothers Exhaust

*3m rim tape

*Custom tail tidy

*Under glow lights

Next on the adgenda is a radiator protector and then it's finnished

Bike looks nice but under glow lights.......dear oh dear !!!!!!!

Never understood why people blank the number of the reg plate, what difference does it make especially with the suppliers pre plate????

Never used to like rim tape but i must admit it does look good on certain bikes (your's being one) might try it out on the PCX first before the big bike, where to buy and is it easy to apply, i would imagine prep mostly important

Edited by Rickster

Never understood why people blank the number of the reg plate, what difference does it make especially with the suppliers pre plate????

Never used to like rim tape but i must admit it does look good on certain bikes (your's being one) might try it out on the PCX first before the big bike, where to buy and is it easy to apply, i would imagine prep mostly important

Cheers, the number plate thing is just force of habit, better to be careful I guess.

I had a friend bring the rim tape, only because kawasaki didn't have it in blue, I guess you could find it easy enough in one the the bike shops in phuket, otherwise you can mail order from BKK here: http://www.apshop-racing.com/

Mine came with a little applicator tool, dead easy to apply, took about 10 minutes

In Kaswasaki today and asked the question about Z1000, what gasoline to use, answer 95 or 91 I am assuming gasahol, on tank it says 95 ROM, so is it 95 gasahol or just 95 gasoline?

Best of luck finding gasoline 95 in Phuket. Let me know where I can buy that ....

If you read my question, I am asking do you use 95 gasahol or is there 95 gasoline. it says on the tank 95 ROM, on the 250 it says clearly 91 E10 so you obviously know it is gasahol.

Edited by kawapower

In Kaswasaki today and asked the question about Z1000, what gasoline to use, answer 95 or 91 I am assuming gasahol, on tank it says 95 ROM, so is it 95 gasahol or just 95 gasoline?

Best of luck finding gasoline 95 in Phuket. Let me know where I can buy that ....

Susco gas station before airport turn off has 95 gasoline.

Can run the Z1000 on 95 gasoline or gasohol but if you leave the bike standing for any length of time make sure its gasoline in the tank (gasohol will spoil seals and gaskets over time) You will also find your fuel return is less when running the gasohol compared to gasoline.

Edited by Rickster

Can run the Z1000 on 95 gasoline or gasohol but if you leave the bike standing for any length of time make sure its gasoline in the tank (gasohol will spoil seals and gaskets over time) You will also find your fuel return is less when running the gasohol compared to gasoline.

Is that the same situation with cars and other bikes here? Kawasaki says 95 gasohol okay so assume any problems with seals etc would be covered under warranty,

I have just read on gt rider.com that the Z1000 is fine using gasohol 95 but a tank of regular 95 should be used once in a while to keep the fuel system clean.

Edited by LivinginKata

Is that the same situation with cars and other bikes here? Kawasaki says 95 gasohol okay so assume any problems with seals etc would be covered under warranty,

I have just read on gt rider.com that the Z1000 is fine using gasohol 95 but a tank of regular 95 should be used once in a while to keep the fuel system clean.

Yes totally concur with this, there's nothing wrong with using it, in fact you're bike will run just as smooth as with gasoline but just less km's per tank. Only when leaving the bike with gasohol for a long period (months) are you likely to experience any problems. Just keep a look out for 95 gasoline when out on rides and fill up where poss...

Edited by Rickster

Yes totally concur with this, there's nothing wrong with using it, in fact you're bike will run just as smooth as with gasoline but just less km's per tank. Only when leaving the bike with gasohol for a long period (months) are you likely to experience any problems. Just keep a look out for 95 gasoline when out on rides and fill up where poss...

Cheers mate you are the only person to offer good advice.

Cheers mate you are the only person to offer good advice.

Yeah no worries as i've been throiugh the same dilemma with my BMW and Ducati but never had any problems by following the same advice i was given. Both bikes run like a bag of <deleted> with 91 gasoline...best kept for scooters i guess!!!!