Motorbike Modifications

kenny999

a lot of trouble get anything done properly in Phuket

for a start you need an exhaust with factory Lambda sensor bung, as mentioned in previous post I get them in California spec. Or it needs to be drilled a hole and welded in a stainless steel bung.

Without a lambda sensor, your engine leanburns contantly and pistons are cooked (holes in them) within a few hundred km

as we have read in previous posts in this topic, walker600 has recieved from Teera an exhaust not made for his bike, and thus need to have it modified as above

It is imortant to install bung in correct position to avoid damaged wirning or sensor

Actually it depends on where the exhaust was made, emission laws in the US are different to here and they do not need the o2 sensor, thus american sourced exhausts may or may not have the sensor bung pre installed. Arrow and other European models probably will as they have the same emission regs as here..... That being said getting things made over here is a walk in the park when you know the right places to go to...... The link I added above walks through this quite thoroughly.

As long as the threads are correct im sure you could even have a standard hex nut welded onto the pipe for not much more than ฿100/฿200 and 30 mins of your time...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I will be keeping the original exhaust, I realy can not be bothered fuffing about trying to modify a different exhaust and from what I can gather not a huge difference in performance. saving 36,000 bht also is attractive!!

Does the Akaprovic come with the bung installed?

depends on where it is sourced, which market it is intended for

all cans I have supplied come with factory bung, ready to bolt on, takes 45 minutes on 2009-2011, about 20 minutes more on 2012

Exactumundo!!!

Think I will be keeping the original exhaust, I realy can not be bothered fuffing about trying to modify a different exhaust and from what I can gather not a huge difference in performance. saving 36,000 bht also is attractive!!

Does the Akaprovic come with the bung installed?

all cans I have supplied come with factory bung, ready to bolt on, takes 45 minutes on 2009-2011, about 20 minutes more on 2012

Exactumundo!!!

Got a headache lol

The best thing to do is ask Teera if the Akaprovic they supply comes with the bung ready installed and do they connect it all up correctly, if they say no then no exhaust for me!!

Exactumundo!!!

Got a headache lol

The best thing to do is ask Teera if the Akaprovic they supply comes with the bung ready installed and do they connect it all up correctly, if they say no then no exhaust for me!!

Checked some prices, I can get you an Arrow for 2012 in color of choise, installed properly by Kawasaki Phuket at 24k baht

Regarding a change from stock exhaust to a performance exhaust on the 2012 ER6n, this is a quote from the web: Your Kawasaki leaves the factory with fuel delivery specific to its stock application. When you change any of the components relating to the fuel system (e.g. exhaust system), you will need to change the way your Electronic Control Unit (ECU) manages your fuel delivery.

Knowing nothing about bikes other than driving them this is what common sense was telling me, also confirmed by MCW(Phuket town this morning, not changing the ECU settings or replacing for a power commander will eventually cause engine problems, MCW are finding out for me how much they can supply the Arrow exhaust system for and also cost of any other changes to the fuel delivery etc

Personally I would not be happy having a performance exhaust fitted without tuning the engine etc.

Regarding a change from stock exhaust to a performance exhaust on the 2012 ER6n, this is a quote from the web: Your Kawasaki leaves the factory with fuel delivery specific to its stock application. When you change any of the components relating to the fuel system (e.g. exhaust system), you will need to change the way your Electronic Control Unit (ECU) manages your fuel delivery.

Knowing nothing about bikes other than driving them this is what common sense was telling me, also confirmed by MCW(Phuket town this morning, not changing the ECU settings or replacing for a power commander will eventually cause engine problems, MCW are finding out for me how much they can supply the Arrow exhaust system for and also cost of any other changes to the fuel delivery etc

Personally I would not be happy having a performance exhaust fitted without tuning the engine etc.

as said 2012 has had some tweaks to engine, plenty of reports it feels less powerfull above 9k rpm.

2009-2011 plenty of bikes with after market exhaust and bunch of miles on them. No issues

Let us know what kind of price you get on Powercommander, and unless someone just got a dyno in Phuket, make sure its autotune or you/they would have no idea how to tune it

as said 2012 has had some tweaks to engine, plenty of reports it feels less powerfull above 9k rpm.

2009-2011 plenty of bikes with after market exhaust and bunch of miles on them. No issues

Let us know what kind of price you get on Powercommander, and unless someone just got a dyno in Phuket, make sure its autotune or you/they would have no idea how to tune it

Yes cheers I will let you know after they have called, just read up on auto tune and that is what the guy from MCW was talking about, able to connect to comp and change(not me I would not have a clue how to do that sort of thing so would leave that to the experts!!

Yes cheers I will let you know after they have called, just read up on auto tune and that is what the guy from MCW was talking about, able to connect to comp and change.

MCW seem to have come a long way, havent been there since 2008, had an injection issue on my 2006 and they simply said we will not touch an injection bike

MCW seem to have come a long way, havent been there since 2008, had an injection issue on my 2006 and they simply said we will not touch an injection bike

They seem very professional, lots of very expensive bikes there this morning, lots of Harley's, BMW etc.

They also mentioned about the welding of the sensor bung, this needing a special machine which they have, you would know more about that sort of thing.

Hey, just thought I'd post a few pics up, two brothers exhaust fitted and modified rear mud guard/tail tidy, must better than the factory unit.... Booked in the body shop on monday for a colour change...... Exhaust sounds awesome, not as loud on the road as it was indoors (lol) but still loud under acceleration, when cruising at steady rpm not even noticeable, should be able to cruise through the check points with no issues at all! Will post some more pics after the paint job..

post-134363-0-01621100-1329399516_thumb.

post-134363-0-62715200-1329399524_thumb.

post-134363-0-92537100-1329399533_thumb.

post-134363-0-98178100-1329399544_thumb.

post-134363-0-83563200-1329399553_thumb.

Hey, just thought I'd post a few pics up, two brothers exhaust fitted and modified rear mud guard/tail tidy, must better than the factory unit.... Booked in the body shop on monday for a colour change...... Exhaust sounds awesome, not as loud on the road as it was indoors (lol) but still loud under acceleration, when cruising at steady rpm not even noticeable, should be able to cruise through the check points with no issues at all! Will post some more pics after the paint job..

looks cool

are you going to keep the passenger hand rails? if not you better order the covers today to get them sprayed at the same time

never tryed the dunlops on er6, how are they?

How did you modify the tail, the accessory tail tidy is over 9000bht!!

forgot to say, during 1.000km brake in you should not cruise at steady rpm/speed for more than 3 minutes. Lean burn kicks in to clean cat, and combustion chamber temp increases. Goes for all new cars and bikes.

So just givher some juice at least every 2 minutes, and let others here that 2brosgiggle.gif

forgot to say, during 1.000km brake in you should not cruise at steady rpm/speed for more than 3 minutes. Lean burn kicks in to clean cat, and combustion chamber temp increases. Goes for all new cars and bikes.

So just givher some juice at least every 2 minutes, and let others here that 2brosgiggle.gif

I am sure I heard it the other day around Wat Chalong, if it was the 2 brothers it would be far to loud for me!!

looks cool

are you going to keep the passenger hand rails? if not you better order the covers today to get them sprayed at the same time

Gonna hang onto the rear handrails, I think they look quite cool and at least they offer something for a passenger to hold onto! Tyres seems to be holding up well, i've only covered about 200km on them so far and I wanted to give them a good 150km or so to scrub them in, but so far there feel good, i'll have a better idea after the 1000km service when I give it a bit more juice!

With and angle grinder, some spray paint and a little bit of patience! Cutting it down to size was easy but making the holes for the stock indicators was a little tricky as they need a peculiar shaped hole, I would recommend buying some aftermaket ones that only need a hole drilling, that would simplify the job alot... I bought some then when I got them home they were blue!! So make sure you check about the colour of the bulbs when you buy.... There now on a shelf in garage heading for the bin, thankfully only ฿290

Haha! I don't have much self control as it is! I love to hear it roar!

looks cool

The sportmax seem to have a good review aswell - http://bikechatter.net/reviews/61-sport/1059-dunlop-sportmax-sportsmart-review.html

I guess I was lucky there!!

looks cool

The sportmax seem to have a good review aswell - http://bikechatter.n...art-review.html

I guess I was lucky there!!

No doubt Goodyear, the owner of Dunlop is doing a brilliant job, taking positions at TH bike and car manufactorers. Some 10 years ago they made a lot of crap, past 1-2 years they have good tyres.

Most riders still seem to favor the very similar Bridgestone Battlax 021 and 023 tho

MCW is a great bike shop and their experience is second to none. Teera on the other hand i wouldn't trust them putting air in the tyres....

Went into MCW and asked about getting an exhaust system, said they would call that afternoon still waiting 4 days later, maybe not so good!!

I have ordered a few things over the last week from Teera and the parts have arrived the next day(excellent service, the girl there can not do enough for you, I can not comment on there installs etc but first impressions are excellent!!

The parts are not cheap as they are imports from Italy, you pay for quality!! again the service there is superb!!

Edited by kawapower

Now canceled my ER6N and ordered the Z1000 it's a monster!!!

so you dont need ABS brakes any more. Its not a monster, its a detuned zx10r engine in a cheaper frame

well there is putting a damper on events, you not like I like very much!!! it's a monster de-tuned engine or not de-tuned engine, tell me what bike now days are not de-tuned?

Edited by kawapower

so you dont need ABS brakes any more. Its not a monster, its a detuned zx10r engine in a cheaper frame

well there is putting a damper on events, you not like I like very much!!! it's a monster de-tuned engine or not de-tuned engine, tell me what bike now days are not de-tuned?

yeah, kwaker dampered me on the z1000 Th specs. I had ordered one until it incresed 100k baht in price and came without ABS. Put me off. Went out and got another Ninja 650 until theyv got the brakes right on Z1000

yeah, kwaker dampered me on the z1000 Th specs. I had ordered one until it incresed 100k baht in price and came without ABS. Put me off. Went out and got another Ninja 650 until theyv got the brakes right on Z1000

Okay saw the bike and thought wow it has to be!! looked on Kawasaki web site it says 138bhp so that is de-tuned down from 173bhp still plenty of power. sounds great looks great. as for ABS if you are not a boy racer it's not needed!!

Edited by kawapower

boy racers disconnect ABS

Keeps the rubber side down for me on unpredictable Th roads with oil, sand and water spots

been a non ABS rider for +30 years, ABS only for past 3 years, will never go back to non ABS on public roads

I am no boy racer and the reviews for this bike are very good, I have never in 40yrs of driving cars and riding bikes ever need the help of ABS,m yes it is good to have but not everything!!

I avoid driving in the wet at all costs, if I should get caught out in the wet I drive very very slowly as I have no confidence in riding in wet conditions!! but if you ask the question would I rather have ABS as opposed to not having it then the answer would be yes I would rather have it!!

Edited by kawapower