Cable Tv Companies Are Taking The Piss

Gone

You get what you pay for.If you want 200 channels of rubbish instead of 40 channels of rubbish pay the extra for satellite.As for universal, you don't know what you are talking about.They play the exact feed that comes in from universal via satellite.Possible it's not the same broadcast that universal send in the US, but it is down to universal not any thai cable company.If you want to watch what you want, when you want, get an internet connection and download shows yourself.

1) So why is it my friends back in Canada tell me they also watch Universal Station and they get the current year and new series of "The Event", and "Law and Order" etc? You think if the UC played TV shows from 2002 that they would still be in business? Sorry but you are wrong.2) Me posting here could be an indication that I already have an internet connection wouldn't you think? Again I can barely watch a youtube video without it buffering every 2 minutes and with the blocks the USA have put on torrents lately AND with the Thai Governments blocking of such sites it's almost impossible to do this.If you know of a site that I can download TV Series (current year etc.) every week PLEASE let me know but guess what...........YOU CAN'T

I could name a dozen but the sites are somewhat over the line in terms of copyrights so can't be mentioned here. However, those In the know know.

If you know of a site that I can download TV Series (current year etc.) every week PLEASE let me know but guess what...........YOU CAN'T

YES, YOU CAN! It is quite simple to get the newest, most popular torrents a few days after they are broadcast.

One potential solution: buy a computer, sign up with an ISP that allows torrents, download a BitTorrent program, then download pretty much any TV show that you want from any one of a number of websites, and watch at your convenience.

If you know of a site that I can download TV Series (current year etc.) every week PLEASE let me know but guess what...........YOU CAN'T

YES, YOU CAN! It is quite simple to get the newest, most popular torrents a few days after they are broadcast.

Yes, you can, I agree.

I get each new episode within 24 hours of it being on television. UK, especially, but also USA.

Last week i finished watching the latest series of Spartacus and also Justified, series 4. Tonight I'll finish watching the final episode of Whitechapel, series 3.

Coronation Street, Eastenders, Doctors? Not to my taste, but all episodes available usually within 12 hours of being broadcast.

i was happy with sophon, as for the price its reasonable, but lately, they have had nothing but problems with sound.

the 2 english movie channels, always have a problem with sound or no sound at all.

Have called them endlessly and nothing has changed, if anything even worse.

Some channels have a really bad picture, when you call them out, they state its inside and they only take care cables outside. Well doh, but they run ads daily showing they fix inside and very fast.

Satellite is an option, but rather 10 times the costs, especially for the business

• Like 1

A post has been removed for 2 reasons. First, DO NOT post in all caps. It's against forum netiquette. It's like shouting at others.

Second, please do not post information on sites where TV shows and movies can be downloaded illegally. We don't want Thai Visa to get into trouble.

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Universal

The feed is for all Asia and they are based in Singapore. Yes they play old <deleted>, as do Fox and AXN.

TRUE

Not worth the Baht and they are losing the EPL next season, so it will go downhill even more.

Torrents

The way forward. You can download the latest tv shows, movies and all you pay is your internet package to your provider. In fact you can be your own tv station and play what you want, when you want!! So easy to set up, ask google to help you.tongue.png

wai.gif

I just stream to my TV via a nettop pc, HDMI connection, just select what you want to watch,

no adverts, series , movies, all free, just Google and you will find plenty sites to stream from.

Then I have UKTV-Asia, to watch my British programs, mostly when the Internet is a bit slow,

as UKTV works even when its slow, local servers.

Regards Worgeordie

I streamed the F1 from China this afternoon with TOT. One or two minor hiccups but I lost only a few seconds of the race. Quite enjoyable.

I'd not risk it for the derby match NUFC v Sunderland tonight though.

Me too. First race I watched in years, and there is funny stuff going on. Soft tyres, hard tyres, the cars look odd with the tiny rear spoilers, and the race was utter confusion with hundreds of box stops. Anyway, if you have a reasonably fast internet connection, all you need is a webpage like this, http://www.onlinesat-tv.com/tv.php and you can watch the channels from your home country. Or 53 from Serbia if you so desire.

Universal and SYFY are particularly insufferable with commercial breaks every 5 minutes at most, but the movie channels on Sophon are not bad. Last Sunday they had The Hobbit on one of them, extented version, maybe the first TV provider worldwide which had that movie on the program. They always show new releases within a couple of months after the cinemas.