Abhisit Queries 'Insensitive' Flood Party

webfact

I suppose quite a lot of sufferers of the flood, house, deaths, wages lost, trauma-will have salt rubbed in their wounds. This is simply not on when people are still waiting for the pittance of compensation offered. Disgusting, and total lack of feeling from the P.M.

And even worse ... See post # 3

Some tangible action would prove the commitment. Talk is cheap, promises are just more hot air until they are fulfilled. Credibility is achieved through demonstrable performance not glitzy show. Point made? Get on with it! 3 months to go, if we're lucky...

"Three months to go" until what?

You really should try to keep up. Until the rainy season starts, according to some predictions. What did you think?

You really should try to keep up

I'm trying really hard, but its' not easy.

Kind of a no-brainer (if you live in Thailand) to keep up on the weather ... what with all the flooding and all.

• Like 2

One could almost have predicted a The Nation op-ed at some point down the line had this 'Thank you to the international community' party not taken place: "Government Seen To Be Ungrateful To International Community For It's Help During The Floods". The usual suspects would be hogging the relevant thread on TVF: "Disgusting!!! Couldn't even bother to meet the people who helped them so much, not even for a glass of wine and a few canapes! How low can this government sink with it's lack of gratitude. Ugh!!!" And Gregb would still be angrily finding ways to beat posters he doesn't like with the rod of his flood misfortune (and, no doubt, still calling for high treason from the military - isn't advocating breaking the law against TVF rules, not to mention highly illegal?).

One could almost have predicted a The Nation op-ed at some point down the line had this 'Thank you to the international community' party not taken place: "Government Seen To Be Ungrateful To International Community For It's Help During The Floods". The usual suspects would be hogging the relevant thread on TVF: "Disgusting!!! Couldn't even bother to meet the people who helped them so much, not even for a glass of wine and a few canapes! How low can this government sink with it's lack of gratitude. Ugh!!!" And Gregb would still be angrily finding ways to beat posters he doesn't like with the rod of his flood misfortune (and, no doubt, still calling for high treason from the military - isn't advocating breaking the law against TVF rules, not to mention highly illegal?).

And you would make your usual post denigrating other members.

interesting that one post said that the people's homes were inundated with water for 4-5 days. I'm wondering it that's a typo because my home had more than a meter of water in it for about 6 weeks, maybe more. When I'm still recovering from losing most of my things, when the neighborhoods at totally littered with trash still, it's disgusting, the "elite" are planning a glitzy party? Why don't they spend some money and clean up the kingdom? THe amount of trash is absolutely staggering and an invitation for others to just keep dumping on top of it all. As far as I'm concerned the flooding situation is not over, cleaned up etc etc etc. This "party" is probably more like an opportunity for "special" guests to make appearances. Still the smell of rot lingers. mad.gif

• Like 1

Some tangible action would prove the commitment. Talk is cheap, promises are just more hot air until they are fulfilled. Credibility is achieved through demonstrable performance not glitzy show. Point made? Get on with it! 3 months to go, if we're lucky...

We have a friend, with family, who lives in a community along the side of the Ping river in Chiang Mai city. The whole cummunity was completely under water for about 4 or 5 days. Massive damage.

When the water was rising, nobody from local or nation government appeared.

When the community was totally under water nobody from local or national government appeared.

Nobody from local or national government has ever appeared.

Their claims for compensation sidelined because they need the signature of a corrupt official who won't sign unless he's promised 50%.

They refuse to give in to his demands. Appeals to other officials ignored.

Disgusting and insensitive.

Well I guess it's an opportunity to create another budget, therefore an opportunity for sticky fingers, what else would you expect from these inept and no values clowns?

But wait, chalerm to the rescue, he's gunna get tough on corrupt officials, he said so. Do you believe him?

interesting that one post said that the people's homes were inundated with water for 4-5 days. I'm wondering it that's a typo because my home had more than a meter of water in it for about 6 weeks, maybe more. When I'm still recovering from losing most of my things, when the neighborhoods at totally littered with trash still, it's disgusting, the "elite" are planning a glitzy party? Why don't they spend some money and clean up the kingdom? THe amount of trash is absolutely staggering and an invitation for others to just keep dumping on top of it all. As far as I'm concerned the flooding situation is not over, cleaned up etc etc etc. This "party" is probably more like an opportunity for "special" guests to make appearances. Still the smell of rot lingers. mad.gif

It is not a glitzy party. It is an event to express thanks . If you think being obliged to attend an event where boring speeches will be given, with little chance of an alcoholic drink to numb the senses and where there will be lots of praise given to workers is an exercise in debauched excess you are mistaken. This is the standard Thai accolade event. If you have been to one, you don't want to go to another. Very, very boring.

It is not a glitzy party. It is an event to express thanks . If you think being obliged to attend an event where boring speeches will be given, with little chance of an alcoholic drink to numb the senses and where there will be lots of praise given to workers is an exercise in debauched excess you are mistaken. This is the standard Thai accolade event. If you have been to one, you don't want to go to another. Very, very boring.

Then why call it a party? Oh, I forgot, last time they announced that the PM would merely deliver a speech nobody bothered to attend.

• Like 1