Outside Of Thailand In Homecountry, But Soon To Be Employed In Bkk

Hello,

My situation is as follows:

- Im not in Thailand at the moment, so i dont have a visa for Thailand anymore.

- Im married with a Thai so i have option to get visa based on marriage, normally

- Im about to get a job in BKK (about to be interviewed, ready to talk about contracts ect)

- At the moment i dont have money on any Thai bank ready for marry visa, since i dont have a bank account nor any income of 40.000 baht per month of course.

- I dont want to spend for a return ticket because i dont return, as i start a job there.

- Company will pay for work-permit

What can i do to get out of this situaion as cheap as possible? And also as fast as possible, since the company dont want to wait long time.

Thanks alot.

surely you will get a non - imm O visa, for work purposes, before you arrive, so you can just buy a single ticket ?

The OP has not got the job yet so that is not a possibility, he could get a Non O based on marriage from a consulate in his own country with copy of marriage certificate and a few other documents.

If you are sure about employment and salary will be over the marriage extension of stay requirements a single entry non immigrant O visa to visit wife using marriage certificate/copy her id and home register. If any doubt about employment or it taking extra time a multi entry at 2 1/2 times the cost might be a better choice.

So you mean it will be ok to get a visa based on marriage, even i dont fill the requirements atm? So i have to bring a proof from the company, with salary stated and all that?

And i could do it from my homecountry? Because i have copy of marriage documents and all that, but they are 2 years old. Do you think i can bring these or i have to translate and all that again?

And another solution would be to make sure of the job first, and then ask for a non-o visa based on work?

So if i get the answer to get the job or not when im still in germany, the last option would be ok too? Ask for a visa based on work if its sure?

Sorry, i just wnt to make sure i understand it correctly.

Edited by Saenchai

So you mean it will be ok to get a visa based on marriage, even i dont fill the requirements atm? So i have to bring a proof from the company, with salary stated and all that?

And i could do it from my homecountry? Because i have copy of marriage documents and all that, but they are 2 years old. Do you think i can bring these or i have to translate and all that again?

And another solution would be to make sure of the job first, and then ask for a non-o visa based on work? Sorry, i just wnt to make sure i understand it correctly.

What requirements for atm? The financial requirements are for an "Extension of Stay" based on marriage, not the visa application.

You can not obtain a non immigrant O visa for business work (only volunteer NGO jobs). Work would be B visa. But you can work/obtain a work permit on an O visa at most locations and you qualify for that visa, not for B. Age of marriage certificate does not matter (you only get one). But most will also want copy of wife ID card and home register (but you should check if home country). There is no financial requirement for the visa (that is for immigration extensions of stay inside Thailand). But they could ask to see 20k baht in local currency for any non immigrant visa issue.

• Like 1

Ok thanks a lot for your answers. I always thought the money required is for the visa itself, not the extension. Seems i had a very bad helper the last 2 years...then i could have had a marry visa long time ago already. I did visa runs every 30 days...... bahhh but thank you a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

CRITICAL UPDATE:

Hey guys... i really need your help now. I would be most thankful if fast :-)

As i already stated above in my op im about to be employed in BKk. Now was the problem that the whole process took time and until yesterday i didnt know if i get the job or not.

now i got it but the requirement is that i start already next week...

So since i couldnt prepare because i didnt know if yes or no, of course i dont have a visa ready. Today is saturday and i guess all closed anyway. Now the company is scared that when i arrive on a visa on arrival, there are problems to get a Non O or business visa there (or any neighbor country) to apply for work permit.

Please, this is so very critical for me, what can i do now? Is there any way for me to get the required visa + work permit if i came to BKK on "visa on arrival"?

Also woulld it be possible to go there on visa on arrival without return flight when i have proof (official contract offer) that im about to be amplyed there (i know theres aother topic about this, but i have another case than the ones there)

My heart...

Edited by Saenchai

Getting a visa in local country is not a problem but you will likely have to buy an extra air ticket out of Thailand to get on aircraft for visa exempt entry (does not have to be return but to Kuala Lumpur might be best as you could use that for your visa trip. You can apply for work permit without proper visa - you only need to get the work permit issued.