Burapa Bike Weekend Concert Schedule - Existant?

cathy211

I know Darryl, Lam Morrison, and Goobergun are on Friday night from 18:00 but very strange that Snowman (Ken Minahan) is not playing this year. In my opinion, he's the most recognized foreign musician in Pattaya. I wonder if he's in the doghouse?

Also not playing is Graham Peter Sears who is a long term expat and bass player extraordinaire.

Anyone know the schedule and if other foreigners are on?

post-149387-0-85912000-1328768875_thumb.

Should have took a pic of the itinerary as well. I don't think Carabao would be there but if someone knows the truth and time?

The itinerary was the order of performers and their intended performance times. Darryl Read played about 6:30 when there were only a few sound technicians milling about.

Isn't Carabao still on their world tour?

World tour?

Who outside Thailand understands what he's singing?

Guess there will not be many songs where the public joins.

You would be surprised how many people know who Carabao is. Well practically anyone who has ever visited Thailand. They are world famous really.

They are my favorite band and I whish I knew they were going to play I would have gone. I just figured they were still on tour. :(

Maybe you should open your mind more to Thai music. I guess some of us like certain kinds of music and some don't however they actual Thai musicians are world class, try listening to Sek Loso too maybe.

I have played with Carabao 3 times before and yeah P' Ed speaks great English so not sure if all their songs were in Thai on tour or not but as P' Ed once said " I sorry but all of my songs are in Thai but the music is world music".

• Like 1

World tour?

You would be surprised how many people know who Carabao is. Well practically anyone who has ever visited Thailand. They are world famous really.

They are my favorite band and I whish I knew they were going to play I would have gone. I just figured they were still on tour. sad.png

To me WORLD tour sounds like OUTSIDE Thailand where nobody understands Thai and 90% of the population has never even been near Thailand. Edited by janverbeem

gone, if you were aiming your open your mind to thai music at me then you are way off the mark sport. You don't know me so you are forgiven!! Any of my friends will tell you what a music nerd I am. My favorite band is Icelandic and my tastes runn the gamut from classical to house. I have lived here nearly 5 years and seen more bands than I care to remember. Including sek loso. Great musician bland songs. My problem with most thai music is the banality of it. I love you, I miss you, and broken hearted pretty much sums up most.

I so wish it were different as I love live music. I am surprised it took me so long to catch carabao live as I learnt to play a couple of their songs years ago. Whatever. I am glad to be able to say that not all the thai music I have been subjected to is rubbish. And I look forward to the chance to see carabao again

• 11 months later...

Yes, it's at Silver Lake Winery:

https://www.facebook...93154937376425/

Great venue If its at the vinyard, lots of photo opportunities as well.

Slightly off topic I know, as it doesn't concern the concert, but does anyone know if the silverlake area will be full of motorbikes tomorrow (just before lunch), or will they have left, presumably for Pattaya / Jomtien by then? Reason I ask is that I was planning to travel home from work along that road (past the vinyard and Big Buddha mountain), and it's bad enough with all the tour coaches parking up, without trying to negotiate thousands of bikes too!

Yes, it's at Silver Lake Winery:

https://www.facebook...93154937376425/

Great venue If its at the vinyard, lots of photo opportunities as well.

Slightly off topic I know, as it doesn't concern the concert, but does anyone know if the silverlake area will be full of motorbikes tomorrow (just before lunch), or will they have left, presumably for Pattaya / Jomtien by then? Reason I ask is that I was planning to travel home from work along that road (past the vinyard and Big Buddha mountain), and it's bad enough with all the tour coaches parking up, without trying to negotiate thousands of bikes too!

I would imagine there would be more chance of a lot of bikes there NEXT WEEKEND when the bike weekend is on?!

• Like 1

World tour?

They are my favorite band and I whish I knew they were going to play I would have gone. I just figured they were still on tour. sad.png

To me WORLD tour sounds like OUTSIDE Thailand where nobody understands Thai and 90% of the population has never even been near Thailand.

So what??? I'm sure many Thai's haven't been to the US, UK or where ever, that doesn't mean you can't like the music, does it? whistling.gif