Activist Claims He Was Hit By Thai Pm's Security Guard

Lite Beer

Activist claims he was hit by PM's security guard

BANGKOK:-- Activist Ekkayuth Anchunbutr, the owner of ThaiInsider.com, claimed Thursday that he was hit on his face by a security guard of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Ekkayuth posted on his Facebook that he would hold a press conference at 4 pm to detail the attack against him, which happened at a coffee shop inside the Four Seasons Hotel.

He claimed that he was attacked when he accidentally encountered Yingluck leaving the hotel.

He said he would tell the press conference whom Yingluck met at the hotel.

"The person is close to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and is on the run from legal cases," Ekkayuth claimed.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-09

Thaksin critic attacked at Bangkok hotel

The Nation

30175551-01_big.jpg

A government critic claimed yesterday that somebody close to ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra had assaulted him at a Bangkok hotel on Wednesday afternoon.

BANGKOK: -- Akeyuth Anchanbutr told the press yesterday that he had seen Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra at the Four Seasons Hotel at about 2pm on Wednesday while he was at the hotel's coffee shop. He then said that a man attacked him less than 10 minutes after Yingluck left.

"The assailant came close to me when I was drinking coffee with a senior. I realised something was wrong so I fought with him. My bodyguards came to the rescue and the assailant ran out of the hotel's rear gate,"

Akeyuth said. He also recounted the incident on his Facebook page.

He described his alleged assailant as a uniformed officer in plainclothes who was armed. He claimed the man was about to draw a handgun when his bodyguards came to his rescue.

"The assailant knows and is close to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra. He is known to work for Thaksin," Akeyuth said, adding that he wanted the assailant to be punished.

However, he said that he would not file a police complaint, but would wait for the government to explain the matter or else he would come up with "daily report" about what happened to him.

"I have no conflict with anyone, except Thaksin," he said.

Akeyuth, a businessman who runs the Thai Insider political-oriented website, is known to be a staunch critic of Thaksin, Yingluck's older brother.

The outspoken businessman said he had suffered bruises and cuts.

"It could be because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and saw something I should not have," he said.

Yesterday, Yingluck refused to confirm or deny if she was at the hotel at the time Akeyuth was there. When asked about the matter before she boarded her flight to Chiang Mai, the prime minister simply smiled and walked away.

The premier's bodyguard, Pol Lt-Colonel Wathanyu Withayapalothai, said he was unaware of the incident Akeyuth mentioned.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-10

Yesterday, Yingluck refused to confirm or deny if she was at the hotel at the time Akeyuth was there. When asked about the matter before she boarded her flight to Chiang Mai, the prime minister simply smiled and walked away.

Silence is consent.

And as usual people comment without any knowledge or understanding of the situation bah.gif

If my wife were from the north and I met that guy in a public place ...

Which comments are you referring to?

No one except you seem to be commenting on "the situation". Just a couple of comments on rumours and a couple on Yingluck.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

The assailant came close to me when I was drinking coffee with a senior. I realised something was wrong so I fought with him. My bodyguards came to the rescue and the assailant ran out of the hotel's rear gate,"

Sounds more like this guy attacked someone at a hotel bar who got too close to him and his bodyguards broke it up and what exactly is a 'uniformed officer in plain clothes' - hopefully the cctv will sort it out.

Suggest he gets some new bodyguards as well.

And as usual people comment without any knowledge or understanding of the situation bah.gif

No one except you seem to be commenting on "the situation". Just a couple of comments on rumours and a couple on Yingluck.

So you post in a thread but it's not about the subject ? So basically you (and others) take any opportunity you can to do a bit of Yingluck/Thaksin trashing even if it has no relation with the subject at hand?

I understand. Actually I'd that figure out a while ago. wink.png

Until the full facts are detailed, all we have is an uncorroborated allegation.

If the chap feels he was assaulted, he should make a complaint or else understand the perception that he is trying to get some free publicity.

There is a chance he may have gotten to close and presented a threat to someone. In today's climate one never knows if the person getting too close is a wacko.

So perhaps you'd like to set the pace by quoting the said article whatever where he denigrated women.

If the chap feels he was assaulted, he should make a complaint or else understand the perception that he is trying to get some free publicity.

There is a chance he may have gotten to close and presented a threat to someone. In today's climate one never knows if the person getting too close is a wacko.

Your last sentence is of your own manufacture, and your the poster who frequently insists that TV members should provide evidence / data / links, whatever to back up their comments. More double standards from the paymasters worshipers.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

So perhaps you'd like to set the pace by quoting the said article whatever where he denigrated women.

http://www.prachatai...glish/node/2876

Holey Shit! ohmy.png Guess i'd have body guards as well.

Interesting. The link is blocked by MICT. I thought the PTP government was against censorship.

Btw: blocked on DTAC

Edited by whybother

So you post in a thread but it's not about the subject ? So basically you (and others) take any opportunity you can to do a bit of Yingluck/Thaksin trashing even if it has no relation with the subject at hand?

I understand. Actually I'd that figure out a while ago. wink.png

I'm asking what comments you're referring to. If that's not about the subject, then you mustn't be referring to any comments on this thread.

Interesting. The link is blocked by MICT. I thought the PTP government was against censorship.

Btw: blocked on DTAC

Odd - not blocked on mine which is Sophon Cable via 3bb I believe.

In the other English speaking newspaper it was reported that Yingluck came to the Four Seasons Hotel, went up to a room and must have seen Akeyuth on her way up. She came donw again 2 hours later and left. Minutes after the attack occured.

Just wonder what happened in the room upstairs whistling.gif and if the two incidents are connected.

Your last sentence is of your own manufacture, and your the poster who frequently insists that TV members should provide evidence / data / links, whatever to back up their comments. More double standards from the paymasters worshipers.

Rubbish. It is the sad reality of being public figure. You want facts and figures? Ronald Reagan was shot at by an insane man. Many people were left with serious injuries. Congresswoman Giffords recently recovered from a similar event. she was at a harmless meet and greet. In Sri Lanka assailants have appeared out of nowhere. to attack the PM. In Pakistan assailants have gone kaboom. In the EU celebrities have been attacked. It is a regular occurrence for minor US movie stars to have stalkers. Poor little Justin Bieber has one guy thats stalking him now. Remember Selena the latina singer that was killed by a an "admirer"? How is it a double standard to acknowledge that there are a lot of wackos in circulation and one has to exercise appropriate caution. Get within the bubble of the UK PM and you're going down. Get within the bubble of a US President or Russian PM and you may end up dead. It is common sense to give VIPs like a PM space. One doesn't know if in this case the man got into the security zone, Once more facts come out, we'll be able to see.

BTW, former Abhisit's security detail was working overtime during the Bangkok troubles. Many people were shoved or otherwise roughly handled when his security detail felt they got too close. I don't see anyone making a fuss over that. The response was most likely justified. Here's a tip: Don't get in the face of a Thai PM as you will get hurt. OK?

• Like 1

Rubbish. It is the sad reality of being public figure. You want facts and figures? Ronald Reagan was shot at by an insane man. Many people were left with serious injuries. Congresswoman Giffords recently recovered from a similar event. she was at a harmless meet and greet. In Sri Lanka assailants have appeared out of nowhere. to attack the PM. In Pakistan assailants have gone kaboom. In the EU celebrities have been attacked. It is a regular occurrence for minor US movie stars to have stalkers. Poor little Justin Bieber has one guy thats stalking him now. Remember Selena the latina singer that was killed by a an "admirer"? How is it a double standard to acknowledge that there are a lot of wackos in circulation and one has to exercise appropriate caution. Get within the bubble of the UK PM and you're going down. Get within the bubble of a US President or Russian PM and you may end up dead. It is common sense to give VIPs like a PM space. One doesn't know if in this case the man got into the security zone, Once more facts come out, we'll be able to see.

BTW, former Abhisit's security detail was working overtime during the Bangkok troubles. Many people were shoved or otherwise roughly handled when his security detail felt they got too close. I don't see anyone making a fuss over that. The response was most likely justified. Here's a tip: Don't get in the face of a Thai PM as you will get hurt. OK?

Don't worry about it GK; like so many of his persuasion he responds to the name and not the content

There was no suggestion that Yingluck was close.

In the other English speaking newspaper it was reported that Yingluck came to the Four Seasons Hotel, went up to a room and must have seen Akeyuth on her way up. She came donw again 2 hours later and left. Minutes after the attack occured.

Just wonder what happened in the room upstairs whistling.gif and if the two incidents are connected.

She must have seen.....do you check hotel lobbies on your way up to a room, dominique?