New Android Phone With Top Of The Line Battery Life For Now.....

livinthailandos

First of all you should know that this is a motorola phone and its the motorola razr maxx

I"ll put down just some basic details otherwise you can google the information

The battery is a 3300 mAh battery which due to size actual makes the phone thicker but not by much. thickness size 9mm

This info below is from http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/9/2783617/motorola-droid-razr-maxx-review

In general use, I found that the Maxx would run for about a day and a half to two days without a charge if I used it normally. It also stood up to far more intense use: I spent about two hours tethered to LTE data on a trip to DC from New York, used the phone during the day, and tethered for another two hours on the way back, and still had about a quarter of a charge left.

I also left the phone sitting unattended in my bag for a couple days over a weekend without thinking about it, and when I came back the battery was still at halfway, even though the phone had been collecting emails and notifications the whole time. All in all, the Maxx's battery life is nothing short of astounding for a dual-core LTE phone.

I don't know about the rest of you but i'm more williing to go with a bit thicker phone with more battery life if it means Im able to go more than a whole day without have to recharge my phone. I have an htc sensation xe and I have to recharge ever night, I always have to make sure that certain things are turned off during the day in order to keep my battery life lasting

on my phone things there are things disabled in order to save battery life

1. edge internet

2. Screen resolution at 50%

3. no auto sync

4. GPS, bluebooth

5. No live wallpapers

6. background data

7. Wifi

juice defender app is installed to help also monitor battery life.

Anyways i hope this year i will see more android phones with batteries like this cause is so i'm be changing my phone. I'd love to go more than a whole day without having to recharge and actual enjoy using my phone. Look forward to all your comments on this

I believe you'll find phones in the U.S. have beefier batteries as the 4G/LTE transceivers use a lot of power, and they are putting NFC in these phones, which also requires more juice.

3300 mAh is double the battery in the SGS2 (1650 mAh), while the U.S. version of the SGS2 has a 2,000 mAh battery. My SGS1 has a 1,500 mAh battery.

I guess I'd expect a 3,300 mAh battery to last a long time.

You can add larger capacity batteries to many phones, although does increase the weight, profile and often requires a new cover.

I think that WiFi scanning can use a lot of the battery, so best to disable that if you can, or at least increase the scanning frequency.

There are programs which allow you to monitor and identify those things which may be draining your battery unnecessarily.

Edited by lomatopo

Besides Juice Defender I also use a profiler to help save on battery power. Thus my phone automatically goes off (into flight mode) over night when I am sleeping and could be profiled to turn wifi on off based on location throughout day - but I don't bother with that yet. I have found my stock 1650mAh batteries last more than a day on my dual core Galaxy S2 using these two apps and I get a good nights sleep to boot.

Edited by Digitalbanana

Looks good (shame about the screen tho). I can't stand manufacturers push to make the slimmest possible phone. Just add one or two mil, increase battery life, and make it easier to hold.

the razr and the galaxy s2 are thin to the point where they would be easier to hold if they were a bit thicker

bbut then its easy to slide them into a back pocket of your jeans or whatever so its a tossup between the neagative and the positive

i would definately sacrifice a couple of ml to have had a proper hi capacity battery in the gs2

im a heavier user than most but i basically need to use it with the cable in when im home or in office and it charges so slow that even after a couple of hours it may only be 50 or 60 % charged which drops rapidly when im out and about

i know you can turn off a lot of features to save power but those are the main features you probably spent 500 -600 dollars to get so for me it doesnt make sense to turn it into a 50 dollar phone that has its best features and beautiful screen dimmed down to a fraction of what it looks best at .......

3200 mAH sounds about right for the gs2 but that thing looks rough ,i doubt even 200O mAH would last me a day but i do use most of the features heavily

id rather that battery was moulded down to be the full profile of the phone than the way they have it looking like a brick stuck on the back of just the lower half the phone

i ordered 2 batteries from china and a wall charger and theyre not great quality ,some dead cells in them make the power percentage inconsistant so if samsung made a 3200 mah and a decent cover id probably buy it

Galaxy Note is supposed to have a good battery life too. Thanks to its huge size, an equally huge battery fits inside.

I looked at one today and apart from being grotesquely large it's really nice. Particularly ICS ... I love good design and the main problem with Android before ICS would be one look at it and I'd turn around. ICS looks nice. The note is interesting if one considers it a mini tablet that can also make phone calls.

Checked out the Galaxy Nexus too but didn't quite do it for me. An OK phone for sure but no reason to choose it over an iPhone.

I wonder if that when Apple introduces a iNote (iPad 1.5S, iPadmini) one will describe as "grotesquely large"? ;) Or "grotesquely small"? Love it when the fan boys reach for the "monstrous" adjectives!

LG pre-announced, ahead of MWC2012, the VU today, pretty much validating the 5" space, grotesque or otherwise.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/19/lg-optimus-vu-5-inch-4x3-mwc-2012/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

It actually looks a bit slicker than the Note.

I charged my Motorola Defy Plus Friday morning and today, Monday it still has about 70 percent battery remaining. Some will say big deal because all the smart phone features are turned off. I don't want my phone to be smart and do things by itself. I do like the idea of being able to use the many features that the phone can do and I do use some of those features. They are all available on demand. The phone is NOT turned off and SMS and calls work normally. I do like being able to turn the Internet on and off with a toggle. I also like being able to turn on and off any of the features with a toggle also. I have downloaded at least a dozen various applications and have found that most are toys or are useless. I use the Droidlight which I find very useful at night. It too toggles on and off easily and handily. It uses the camera LED flash.

I use my computer to find and choose applications. When I turn on the Phone's Internet connection, they download automatically. That's really a neat thing.

The two applications I depend on are Apndroid which toggles the Internet on and off and Battery Dr which toggles the features on and off. I'm quite happy with my (not so smart) phone. I don't use the built in battery saver at all.

I wonder if that when Apple introduces a iNote (iPad 1.5S, iPadmini) one will describe as "grotesquely large"? wink.png Or "grotesquely small"? Love it when the fan boys reach for the "monstrous" adjectives!

I don't think fanboys exist. If they do, then only in the minds of hopeless haters. People who won't buy anything with an Apple logo out of "principle". Personally, I have other things to do ...

I said it's grotesquely large because it's just too big for a phone but - and I guess you must have zoned out at this point - I also called it "really nice" in the very same sentence. ICS is a huge step and the Note is kind of cool - cooler than I would have thought. The trend to bigger screen sizes is obvious at this point.

Back on topic - good battery life too ;)

I wonder if that when Apple introduces a iNote (iPad 1.5S, iPadmini) one will describe as "grotesquely large"? wink.png Or "grotesquely small"? Love it when the fan boys reach for the "monstrous" adjectives!

I don't think fanboys exist. If they do, then only in the minds of hopeless haters. People who won't buy anything with an Apple logo out of "principle". Personally, I have other things to do ...

I said it's grotesquely large because it's just too big for a phone but - and I guess you must have zoned out at this point - I also called it "really nice" in the very same sentence. ICS is a huge step and the Note is kind of cool - cooler than I would have thought. The trend to bigger screen sizes is obvious at this point.

Back on topic - good battery life too ;)

I'm neither hopeless nor a hater, but thanks for trying the veiled personal insult. I absolutely love the Apple fanboys like you. I love that you guys seems so satisfied with such a lilliputian screen on a grossly over-priced 'phone'. They keep the faith alive and keep the share price of my best Apple logo-ed purchase (two, 2:1 splits and a grotesquely large capital gain) at ever dizzying heights. Once I see the zealotry of the faithful like you flag at all I will sell. But not until the dividend. So I just like to tweak the fanboys to make sure they are still liking the kool-aid. ;)

• Like 1

I have had the 2000 mah battery for the galaxy s2 for about a week now and cant stop asking why Samsung didn't release the phone with this size battery. I can easily get a full day of heavy use now, very heavy.

1. The sucessfully advertised it as slimmest top end android phone in the world ,wouldnt work with a fat battery

2. The low capacity battery was cheaper .

3. They probably knew from the start there would be a massive opportunity to sell these later

4 .SMart Business plan to get 500 usd for a phone + then people realise it need a spare battery to last a full day ,sell spare batteries

for half a year , then invent a hi-capacity battery and many people who bought a spare low capacity will have to buy that as well ,

in the end they can squeze maybe another 100 dollars out of peope for battery solutions

10-20% extra revenue being conned out of people who have no choice because they need the phone to work for a full day

nice work samsung ! they got me , i bought two of them

around 17,500 each ,soon wil probably ordr 2 hi capacity battreys to compliment the chinese ones we got from ebay

The Motorola DROID RAZR being flogged here has a 1,780 mAh battery. It is positioned as an "ultra-thin" as is the SGS2. The target consumer group seem to prefer thinness and lightness more than battery life. I'd guess ~ 19, 750,000 SGS2 users like the balance of feeling and battery life, while the remaining 1.25% would prefer a heavier device with a longer lasting battery. For them there are options like those referenced in this thread. I'm buying the extended battery kit in the U.S. as I want a spare battery, like the extra ~ 21% juice and think the phone actually looks and feels better with it.

The Motorola DROID RAZR being flogged here has a 1,780 mAh battery. It is positioned as an "ultra-thin" as is the SGS2. The target consumer group seem to prefer thinness and lightness more than battery life. I'd guess ~ 19, 750,000 SGS2 users like the balance of feeling and battery life, while the remaining 1.25% would prefer a heavier device with a longer lasting battery. For them there are options like those referenced in this thread. I'm buying the extended battery kit in the U.S. as I want a spare battery, like the extra ~ 21% juice and think the phone actually looks and feels better with it.

everyone who held a GS2 was blown away by the thinness of the device when it were new

i would bet many of them were disapointed it cant last a full day

i usualy get up at 6-7 am and my phone is usually dead b4 lunchtime

but then i do nearly everything on it i used to do on a laptop connected to the mains power

so im a heavier user than most people

i think a lot more than 1.25% are disapointed by the battery life and would like 2000-3500 mah as standard