Thai Rock Star 'Sek Loso' Apologizes For His Drug Use

webfact

Rocker repents

The Nation

30175663-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Urging society to give him a second chance, rock star Seksan "Sek Loso" Sukpimai yesterday apologised for his drug use, vowing to stay clean and warning others to do the same.

Seksan, who was admitted to a drug-rehabilitation programme in December, talked to reporters at the Thanyarak Institute on Drug Abuse in Pathum Thani, from where he was released in a joyous meeting with his ex-wife and their children. Saying creativity didn't require narcotics, and singing one of the 20 songs he composed while undergoing treatment, he said he would organise a concert to raise funds for the institute.

The institute's director said Seksan underwent the first phase of medication and was now in the second phase, during which he would stay home and meet with doctors to follow up on his treatment.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-11

take your sunglasses of you tw@t! "creativity didnt require narcotics"!?! hahahaha your not exactly nirvana or oasis mate!

did he say he's better than Oasis or Nirvana? Can't find that quote. Btw - U2's Bono looks awful with glasses.... Sek Loso is (maybe) the best guitarist in Thailand and is internationally recognized as such....

• Like 2

Celebrities will say anything to become stars again drawing a paycheck and getting their face on newspapers, magazines, TV again. My wife was watching this guy this morning on the TV Pool channel, felt so sorry for him, wanted him to become a big Thai superstar again. Well, I guess it is better to be a well paid superstar who overcame being addicted to drugs (or who can at least control it without being caught) than being found dead from an overdose one morning.

Amazing, a young man from our area is sent down for years, for handling drugs not to take-for money income but was reported. He will be away for a good stretch, some will say self inflicted, but he isn't given the chance to come out because he doesn't play the guitar -555555555 haha this place may reek of double standards don;t you think, SEK should be in jail like this young guy -set a good example.

" Sek Loso is (maybe) the best guitarist in Thailand and is internationally recognized as such...." That's like being the best camel jockey in Antarctica.

There are different standards for real rock stars. When Keith Richards was caught using drugs in the 60s, he just increased his use...and we can see how that ruined his career.

• Like 2

take your sunglasses of you tw@t! "creativity didnt require narcotics"!?! hahahaha your not exactly nirvana or oasis mate!

Get a life man. Sek is far above Nirvana and Oasis (both of which most band members use drugs) in the eyes of the Thais.

You are a reprobate of society in my eyes. When a PERSON reaches the point where they are asking for help then we are supposed to support that person and follow his braveness for admitting his addiction.

Also being such a superstar might help other Thai's to do the same. I for one applaud him.

Would he have admitted his drug addiction if he did not get caught?

• Like 1

I saw a 5 minute spot on some channel just after he went into treatment.

I am fairly sure he was not on any drugs at that time - but he was completely unfocused, mind and mouth jumping around, starting to play one song then forgetting the lyrics and starting another after a few tunes etc...looked like there was some long-term damage there.

He only renounced his ways because his wife exposed him as she was sick of his abusive and violent behaviour and then he was threatened by the authorities to reform or face punishment.

Typically despicable beahviour from a meth addict that abuses women. I doubt he has really reformed in the two months he has been 'rehabilitated'.

Get a life man. Sek is far above Nirvana and Oasis (both of which most band members use drugs) in the eyes of the Thais.

You are a reprobate of society in my eyes. When a PERSON reaches the point where they are asking for help then we are supposed to support that person and follow his braveness for admitting his addiction.

Also being such a superstar might help other Thai's to do the same. I for one applaud him.

Would he have admitted his drug addiction if he did not get caught?

Does it matter? Britney Spears probalbly did the same. The difference is Sek has got style and that gets you a long way. Go Sek! i hope you will be better.

Let the country come together like one big nosy family and shake their heads while tutting. Let he who is without sin.......

If he's beating his wife, put him in jail. If he's caught doing illegal drugs, put him jail.

Give him a second chance? Look at all the stuff Thaksin's done and he's still a rock star to many.

If I were him, I'd just take some bulls*** photos with orphans, etc. People are fickle.

" Sek Loso is (maybe) the best guitarist in Thailand and is internationally recognized as such...." That's like being the best camel jockey in Antarctica.

There are different standards for real rock stars. When Keith Richards was caught using drugs in the 60s, he just increased his use...and we can see how that ruined his career.

Nice bigoted remark about Loso! He is a damned fine guitarist and composer, and there are also many excellent Thai musicians. Rock talent isn't confined to Brit and Yank performers. Why not give a listen to Jack Thammarat sometime, he can play a bit!

Nice bigoted remark about Loso! He is a damned fine guitarist and composer, and there are also many excellent Thai musicians. Rock talent isn't confined to Brit and Yank performers. Why not give a listen to Jack Thammarat sometime, he can play a bit!

Agreed his music is one of the most popular on Karaoke in Thailand, BUT punishment should fit the crime not status-or money. Our local boy who did wrong 1 time is put away-even when he said sorry.

Holier than tho bunch of judgemental njubs here arn't you ?

If you even a small % of his ability you'd be lucky, he wants a second chance let him have it ..... or have you not noticed its a Buddhist country. The occasion forgiveness is asked for some would love to see anyone with some success torn down.... and no he's not the same as the local kid doing drugs .. Sek has given a heck of a lot more to the country than any of you whining fools will

• Like 1

Holier than tho bunch of judgemental njubs here arn't you ?

If you even a small % of his ability you'd be lucky, he wants a second chance let him have it ..... or have you not noticed its a Buddhist country. The occasion forgiveness is asked for some would love to see anyone with some success torn down.... and no he's not the same as the local kid doing drugs .. Sek has given a heck of a lot more to the country than any of you whining fools will

So because this guy can play a guitar this makes him differant to everybody else? so he can take drugs,beat his wife and get away with it because you like his music! so if he came to your house im guessing you would let him smoke meth infront of your kids too.

Agreed his music is one of the most popular on Karaoke in Thailand, BUT punishment should fit the crime not status-or money. Our local boy who did wrong 1 time is put away-even when he said sorry.

I was only commenting about the denigrating comments on Thai musicians; I agree that Loso or the local kid should all be treated the same.

I hope that the treatment works and he can return to work and get back to playing some great music.

Despite the snide comments on Thai musicians in this forum - surprise, surprise! - Loso is very popular amongst farangs.

I was only commenting about the denigrating comments on Thai musicians; I agree that Loso or the local kid should all be treated the same.

I hope that the treatment works and he can return to work and get back to playing some great music.

Despite the snide comments on Thai musicians in this forum - surprise, surprise! - Loso is very popular amongst farangs.

I have heard this guys music in the restaurants and there is no doubt hes a great musician but this is not the issue another so called "superstar" whitney houston as just left us today,a fantastic singer and performer and in my opinion not as creative as sek but again in my opinion she was a self obsessed prima donna.Smoked crack with her ex husband bobby brown and died because of drug abuse.

All the stars will come out now and say how fantastic she was but at the end of the day she just had a great voice,tell me how many people said how fantastic a person she was!

Just to add i remember years ago in the uk when jennifer lopez and kylie monogue appeared on 'top of the pops' which was then the only programme in the uk which showed the top 40.While appearing on the show the same day Jennifer lopez demanded everthing including a huge dressing room filled with flowers and swans where as kylie(a real person in my mind) just asked for a cup of english tea.

i wasnt the biggest fan of kylie's music but as a role model other artists should have followed her including her ex michael hutchence,whitney and this sek geeza.

peace

Ahhh i love bill hicks, tbh this isnt a debate about positive or negative effects of drugs.

Besides does it not seem a bit fkn retarded that he is going through phases of drug rehabilitation which require him to have phases of drugs?

I know they are branded and packaged but I swear some of the things you get over the counter in Thailand are worse than anything illegal I have ever had.

this guys talent is amazing , hes a rock legend here, ....ive been following him since a friend of mine {farang}was his DJ when he played phuket in 2001? i think it was , my mate was the DJ in the safari pub , on the karon-patong rd , ....i also was later to see LOSO playing in bkk and chaiyaphum too..., hes got something special i think, .. hes excellent and a real showman , playing western style r&r ,only 30b to see him chaiyaphum btw!, ...money well spent !, and his " best of loso" cd is well worth a listen too, even if you dont understand the words, his tunes are good , with "pretty riffs" here and there , great stuff ,........ANYWAYS ,.......IMO, i think the govt are just making him a scape goat , .... not sure it will be popular among the 25-35 yr old electors though , i also think loso is more popular than the govt !, and i think the "kids " will see thru it..mmmmmmaybe ..... time will tell.

chok dee loso, peacewai.gif

Edited by osiboy