Brutal Thai Boxing Bouts See Boys And Girls As Young As Six Fighting As 'Entertainment' For Tourists

Puccini

5 year old girls in the UK fighting in front of wild crowds of adults baying for blood! No head gear and risking death at every turn! Vile photographers capturing it all to sell on home video! The horror!!1!111

I see that sarcasm is not your strong point.

The money is not the issue, that is the very essence of understanding the culture around a national sport like Thai Muay. Kids(boys) of whatever age want to get in the ring and be like their big brothers. 3 well I don't know, but 5, 6 and 7, I've seen that for almost a generation nowhere near where foreigners can be found.

Don't even go there Puccini. I did and got slated for it. Its Thai culture and if you don't like it go home, as I was told. Search for my thread if interested.

Was it your thread in which several people pointed out that it isn't a Thai Culture issue, but something that happens in other countries too, including western?

I remember that thread. The OP of that thread was going on and on about how barbaric Thais are, and when evidence was shown about the same thing happening in the UK he completely ignored it and continued going on and on about those barbaric Thais.

Show me evidence that kids as young as 3 years are fighting for money in the UK. Otherwise I will ignore you,as I did before.

You keep going on and on about 3 yo kids... likewise I will ask you - show us the evidence there are 3 yo kids fighting.

I disagree with any age limits for any sports as long as the kids can understand, learn and follow the specific sports rules.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

To displaced person.

As I mentioned in my OP I watched the documentary on TV. The title was 'Taboo' and given that you have obviously not seen it I am amazed at your comments. How can you comment on something that you have not seen? This was not sport this was kids being forced to fight for money in a ring with a large audience betting on the outcome. Now given that all these aspects are illegal in Thailand, it is not just me that finds it disturbing. The priority of the parents of these children was not the health of their children, but the purse at the end of the fight.

Ignore away.