Extension Of Voa

Is there any way or can you extend the 30 day Visa on Arrival when you arrive at Suvarnabumi Airport or can that only be done downtown.

I'll be arriving next week but will require a slightly longer entry than 30 days. Can one pay and extend at the airport rather than having to endure the Thai Embassy to extend the stay.

Many thanks.

You probably don't have a visa on arrival (VOA). What you probably have is a visa exempt entry.

You can get an additional 7 days for 1900 baht, but immigration will probably want to see a ticket out of the country within that time frame.

You can get an extension at an Immigration office, not a Thai Embassy. If you want to use a Thai Embassy, you'll have to do that outside the country.

Don't think you can get an extension at the airport, but not positive about that.

Thanks,

I'm not sure of the terminology.

I'm meaning that I don't have a visa and will get the 30 day stamp on arrival at Suvarnabumi.

I was just hoping that for ease, I could get this sorted/extended with immigration at the airport rather than having to make a trip to the immigration office in Bangkok.

Thanks

The seven days is get packed out time and not an approved extension so no they will not issue at airport and even at Immigration they may require a ticket out of country within that time period. You can cross border for a 15 day stay at many places if you need a bit more time.

You probably have an exemption, which means you are from a country whose citizens may visit Thailand for up to 30 days without a visa. You must leave the country-it can't get extended because it isn't anything, it's not a visa. You can immediately re-enter and the 30 days starts running again. I did it four times before I get an ED visa.

Use the trip outside the country to go to Laos, Vietnam, etc., or even Hong Kong. :)

Edited by Jawnie

You probably have an exemption, which means you are from a country whose citizens may visit Thailand for up to 30 days without a visa. You must leave the country-it can't get extended because it isn't anything, it's not a visa. You can immediately re-enter and the 30 days starts running again. I did it four times before I get an ED visa.

Use the trip outside the country to go to Laos, Vietnam, etc., or even Hong Kong. smile.png

30 days by air.

15 days by land.

if you do not have a visa pre issued by an embassy/consulate, outside of thailand or a air ticket out within 30 days of your arrival, you may well be turned away by the airline you are using to fly to Thailand. why not get a visa before flying.