Honda Mc Repair In Phuket

cgphuket

Can anyone recomend a shop to repair a Honda CBR, specifically warrenty work. The places I have went to have untrained monkeys as mechanics who either don't or won't speak English and avoid eye contact when spoken to in Thai. Just looking for an honest place to do decent work with minimal customer service. Some of the Honda dealers pretend to not even know what a warrenty is. And before asked, I didnt buy it in Phuket so cant take it to place of purchase. Thanks

to bad you didnt get a kawasaki, you have just pointed out the weakness of Honda AP. I assume its a 250, the largest Honda sold officially in TH

the main Honda AP is on the road from Phuket town Isuzu dealer to Super Cheap, approx 600 meters from Izu dealer on right hand, its a Honda palace so hard to miss. Be polite and firm, and it could work. What is your bikes issue?

to bad you didnt get a kawasaki

Excuse me, are you telling me that Kawasaki in Phuket provides a reasonable service? I have just been there to get some parts of the carburetor of my ZX150R replaced. They had to order the parts, ok no problem here. But since the "repair" the engine got no power and swallows gasoline like crazy. I guess it is just wrong tuned, so I went back to the place. It took me about 15 minutes talk until one of the guys agreed to take a test drive. When he came back he said "everything ok" and they refused to get the fingers dirty on the bike. I went back over the hill to Patong in first gear, normally third. Guess they will never see me again. :-[

Excuse me, are you telling me that Kawasaki in Phuket provides a reasonable service? I have just been there to get some parts of the carburetor of my ZX150R replaced. They had to order the parts, ok no problem here. But since the "repair" the engine got no power and swallows gasoline like crazy. I guess it is just wrong tuned, so I went back to the place. It took me about 15 minutes talk until one of the guys agreed to take a test drive. When he came back he said "everything ok" and they refused to get the fingers dirty on the bike. I went back over the hill to Patong in first gear, normally third. Guess they will never see me again. :-[

compared to any of the honda ap dealers i have been to, yes

zx150r carb sounds like an old bike

been happy with the service on all 4 of my 2009-2011 ninja650 and one 2009 dtracker250, spareparts either in stock in Phuket or next day delivery. One crashed, back on the road in 5 days, all plastic parts new and most parts on right side, 18k baht.

Similar damage to a yammy r6 is 150k baht

zx150r carb sounds like an old bike

Well, 4 years now, 26000 km on the odometer. It's my city bike, but there are some hills around here :-(

Anyway, I give my neighbor-mechanic a try, he is quite good.

I loved my Kawasaki naked bike back in Germany, but that was a few years ago. Those were the days, my friend...

to bad you didnt get a kawasaki, you have just pointed out the weakness of Honda AP. I assume its a 250, the largest Honda sold officially in TH

the main Honda AP is on the road from Phuket town Isuzu dealer to Super Cheap, approx 600 meters from Izu dealer on right hand, its a Honda palace so hard to miss. Be polite and firm, and it could work. What is your bikes issue?

The main problem is valve clatter which is common on this model, but getting worse and I am afraif od engine damage.

to bad you didnt get a kawasaki, you have just pointed out the weakness of Honda AP. I assume its a 250, the largest Honda sold officially in TH the main Honda AP is on the road from Phuket town Isuzu dealer to Super Cheap, approx 600 meters from Izu dealer on right hand, its a Honda palace so hard to miss. Be polite and firm, and it could work. What is your bikes issue?
The main problem is valve clatter which is common on this model, but getting worse and I am afraif od engine damage.
there are some reports on cbr 250 have had engines rebuild or replaced by Honda AP. some have recived a refund for the bike. Your best shot in Phuket is probably dealer above

If they do not act, you can approach Honda AP directly

I do not understand this country at all, a country with millions of motor bikes, and it is so difficult to get decent service and get the parts you want, I too went into Kawasaki the other day and asked to buy a spare sidelight bulb for my soon to arrive ER6n, answer "no have" my immediate thought was <deleted> hell you are a dealer why have you not got spare parts, had to order it, 1 week wait!! I simply want to change the sidelight color to blue so need the original to take to another shop so as to get the right bulb.

If Kawasaki are indeed not good service wise then I am already wishing they could be as good as Suzuki Plaza, taken my Skydrive there for the last 2 years they are excellent!!!!

Edited by kenny999

I do not understand this country at all, a country with millions of motor bikes, and it is so difficult to get decent service and get the parts you want, I too went into Kawasaki the other day and asked to buy a spare sidelight bulb for my soon to arrive ER6n, answer "no have" my immediate thought was <deleted> hell you are a dealer why have you not got spare parts, had to order it, 1 week wait!! I simply want to change the sidelight color to blue so need the original to take to another shop so as to get the right bulb.

If Kawasaki are indeed not good service wise then I am already wishing they could be as good as Suzuki Plaza, taken my Skydrive there for the last 2 years they are excellent!!!!

Baan Suzuki Phuket is excellent and so is Skydrive. Despite its lack of popularity in TH, they sell a few hundre k units a year. Kawasaki does not, they sell a few k units a year, which makes them Th largest supplier of big bikes.

I can understand they do not have a 2012 lightbulb in stock as no need to replace it in 2 years.

I can also understand they dont want to pay 200 baht in shipping for this one bulb, and thus order it on weekly order

as said all parts I needed after a crash where in place 24 hours after I ordered them, and common parts like filters and brake parts kawa dealer has in stock at any time

try that with another brand big bike, tyical repairtime is 3 months at 10 times the price, how many yammy big bikes in Phuket with kwaker oil filter? 10% of the price, same filter and in stock

Okay I understand the light bulb thing, but if they are selling 2012 bikes they should already have bulbs etc in stock at the shop, it is possible for bulbs to go even on a new bike!!

in a perfect world, yes

when my 2008 Honda Accord had worne out brakes a couple of months after delivery discovered at scheduled maintance, it was a weeks wait to get new

Okay I understand the light bulb thing, but if they are selling 2012 bikes they should already have bulbs etc in stock at the shop, it is possible for bulbs to go even on a new bike!!

in a perfect world, yes

when my 2008 Honda Accord had worne out brakes a couple of months after delivery discovered at scheduled maintance, it was a weeks wait to get new

Thailand is obviously not part of a perfect world lol

in a perfect world, yes

Still a wonderful place to livewai.gif

in a perfect world, yes

Still a wonderful place to livewai.gif

Absolutely!!!