Markkuwait

'My wifeThi national, served time in a Thai prison for drug dealing. We have been together for 15 years apart from when she was banged up.

Anyway, now that she is free, we want to go and live in the UK and apply for settlement will this affect her appliction?

I should add that I have also served time in the UK, Holland and Serbia.So, will this affect my ability to sponsor her?

Aside, we have plenty of money and property in UK, Thailand and Spain BUT no jobs in both Thaland or the UK (neither of us are really into day jobs)

Thanks, Mark

I believe she spent 5 years in the pokey in Bangkok from 2006 - 2011.

And he spent time in a Dutch jail from 1992 - 1994 and was then deported to a remand prison and later sentenced in the UK from 1994 - 1996.

From 1996 - 2006 he lived in Thailand with his wife. From 2006 - 2008 he was imprisoned in Serbia and then returned to Thailand in early 2009 to wait for his wife's release in 2011.

He isn't computer literate, hence my post.

So, does she have any chance of getting granted a visa given the record and is he in a position to sponsor her.

Between them, they don't need to work and have assets that could see them retire in either country. BUT, showing that may not neccessarily be a good idea given they hav no work history etc etc

I am almost certain that after 10 years its not a problem for the UK. but maybe taken into account when applying for any Visa for the UK.

Hi - my mate says that these convictions will never be deemed 'spent' as they were cross border crimes.

Should also add that he is moe than willing to emply an agent / lawyer if needs be.

Thanks

I believe she spent 5 years in the pokey in Bangkok from 2006 - 2011.

And he spent time in a Dutch jail from 1992 - 1994 and was then deported to a remand prison and later sentenced in the UK from 1994 - 1996.

From 1996 - 2006 he lived in Thailand with his wife. From 2006 - 2008 he was imprisoned in Serbia and then returned to Thailand in early 2009 to wait for his wife's release in 2011.

He isn't computer literate, hence my post.

So, does she have any chance of getting granted a visa given the record and is he in a position to sponsor her.

Between them, they don't need to work and have assets that could see them retire in either country. BUT, showing that may not neccessarily be a good idea given they hav no work history etc etc

You've got be having a laugh! I'm only guessing mind you, but the answer has to be. No way

Edited by garrfeild

Sound a lovely couple ohmy.png

Her - Drug dealing.

Him - Holland (drugs?) Sebia (guns?)

Anyway...to partly answer the question.

How will he show he can support her if I'm guessing "funds and accommodation" where not exactly earned legitimately?

RAZZ

Nither apper to be upstanding pillers of the community...

Refusal of leave to enter under Paragraph 320(18) of HC 395 should normally be given serious consideration unless the passenger’s admission can be justified by strong compassionate reasons.

Refusal can be where it is established that a person has been convicted of an offence,

committed in the UK, and punishable with imprisonment for 12 months or more;

or outside the UK but, if it had been committed in the UK, would have been punishable with imprisonment for 12 months or more.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/borderforce/secondary-examination/refusal/refusal-leave-enter.pdf?view=Binary

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/guidance/ecg/rfl/rfl10/

• Like 1