I Phone 4

techno

I purchased a iphone 4 about 6 months ago in Chiang Mai but l am not able to update from the apps store as it requires the Apple suppliers password which l do not have and the supplier will not give me. Everytime l want to update from the app store l have to return the phone to the store and they will do it free but it takes about an hour. I have an itunes account so thats not a problem.At the moment l have 79 updates available many of which l do not need so is there any way l can change the suppliers password to do the updates myself. I have limited technical knowledge and have tried to change the password but cannot seem to change it. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks

As far as I know it can't be done. That is a big problem with these sellers "giving" you a heap of free app when you purchase an iPhone through them - the apps are bought/downloaded using their iTunes Store password, and you're stuck with the situation you're in. There may be a solution if you Jailbreak your phone, but apart from that, it's either their apps or your apps - not both.

When I bought my 4S, the first thing I did was restore the phone so I could put my apps on - as most of the 189 apps they put on were crap anyhow; the ones that weren't crap I already had.

As far as I know it can't be done. That is a big problem with these sellers "giving" you a heap of free app when you purchase an iPhone through them - the apps are bought/downloaded using their iTunes Store password, and you're stuck with the situation you're in. There may be a solution if you Jailbreak your phone, but apart from that, it's either their apps or your apps - not both.

When I bought my 4S, the first thing I did was restore the phone so I could put my apps on - as most of the 189 apps they put on were crap anyhow; the ones that weren't crap I already had.

I agree. If you want to be free of your "supplier" write down what apps you use, download them with your account. Unfortunately you may have to write down your address book unless it's the same as on your computer, which I doubt, and restore your phone through iTunes. It will wipe your phones memory and reinstall everything you have in your account...

His address book should be synced with iCloud, so that won't be an issue. If it's not, iTunes will ask whether he wants to keep the apps on the phone or the apps in his iTunes library.

I only did the restore because I don't trust that the shop didn't put some spyware on it... I've done that myself, so know how easy it is to do.

Lol you basically stole a whole bunch of apps by letting the supplier put apps on your phone and then complain you can't update. You say you have an iTunes account, well it's meaningless because all the apps are from the suppliers account not yours, you tried to change your suppliers password? Lol no kidding it didn't work, it's not your account. You are not supposed to take free apps from suppliers, this is stealing' you are supposed to download and pay for apps using your own account. Then you can of course update anytime.