Chuwit Demands Govt Take Action To Stamp Out Prostitution In Thailand

webfact

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't this the mother of all ironies! One of the biggest sex peddler calling for a crackdown on prostitution. This is like Bill Gates asking everyone to stop using Microsoft because it is bad for society.

Perhaps there is more to this than it seems, maybe some hidden agendas, remember this is Thailand.

His talking to the US embassy about the issue is certainly not "laughable" as the embassy/ US Government is making a big push to combat human trafficking in the region and, as the article stated, that is what he intends to discuss (even providing "information" which he should be well qualified to do). It is disappointing that Chuwit catches so much flak for taking a stand against human trafficking and underage prostitution.

he for sure is an expert in this matterintheclub.gif

The only reason there is Prostitution in thailand is because foreigners keep going there, No foreigners NO prostitution......Simple really.violin.gif

I take it that is meant sarcastically, yes? No one is so stupid to really believe that, yes?

Yes Im being sarcastic... But everything wrong or bad in Thailand is blamed on the foreigners...........

Thank god, you cleared that up!

Another Thai goombah making a ridiculous pronouncement, for the benefit of the press, with absolutely no intention behind it. This was one to Thailand's biggest pimps for years. Do not forget that. Has he found God? Is there a reason behind this moral transformation? Well let's see, now that I have made $50 million off being a pimp, I have the moral authority to preach about the evils of prostitution. How much longer does this goombah have in office? How much longer will we be subjected to his silly tirades? When is he going to start taking his medication again?

the majority of these girls have little to no education, and this is a way of providing sufficient funds for them to survive, and also to send money to family. The thai government needs to encourage the younger generation to try stay in school and also to provide good grants for 3rd level education.

Absolutely wrong. The Thai government needs to figure out a way of making Thailands schools effective. Staying in school, and getting a degree does not mean much when it only means you will make 12,000 per month, instead of 7,000 bt. per month working in a factory. And that is if you are lucky enough to get that 12K position. No, Thailand has to work on improving the quality of its education, like its neighbors are doing, or it will get left behind.

• Like 2

AND THEN SINGLE GUYS OR OLDER GUYS WOULD COME HERE FOR ???????????

Let's see no gambling no sex = no tourists

Your equation is wrong:

no gambling no sex = no "low class" tourists "and higher percentage of desireable tourists with families and money to spend on taxable items".

Some posts in this thread shows so much people's assumptions and lack of knowledge. Thailand has been saying for years it wants "higher class" tourists - i.e. those with families and money. Prostitution, gambling and drugs do not help the country - these are not taxable items and that which reaps the benefit is not the country nor the government (ignoring individuals therein). Tourism, albeit a small percentage of the GDP, is important as it brings in foreign currency, but it is not the biggest earner, and will not bancrupt the country if it disappeared altogether - let alone the sex-tourist part thereof. What country promotes itself on that which it also deems illegal? If gambling and prostitution was such an important part of the GDP, do you not think that it would be legal and advertised?

His talking to the US embassy about the issue is certainly not "laughable" as the embassy/ US Government is making a big push to combat human trafficking in the region and, as the article stated, that is what he intends to discuss (even providing "information" which he should be well qualified to do). It is disappointing that Chuwit catches so much flak for taking a stand against human trafficking and underage prostitution.

I totally agree with you. Seems so many people think this is a laughing matter and nothing should or could be done about it. Whatever he has done in the past is a different matter but I think he should open this up regardless. It is unfortunate what happens in this country but how I see it that a lot of people here on this forum have the same "whatever, I don't care about it" attitude to keep this business going.

From what I read, he's not talking about stomping out prostitution but he wants to tackle human trafficking and minor's prostitution which are quite different things, and a probably more realistic target.

Side note: Contrary to a common belief, studies from a few years ago have shown that 80% of the prostitution business were purely local (thai customers, thai owners, thai sex workers). I'll try to find the link and update this post with it.

Agree. I think the title is misleading and he's really concerned with human trafficking. That's admirable, anything more is impractical in many ways, not least the need forthe money.

If nobody wants to sell sex, it is a crime to force anyone to do so. But when men or women do want to sell their bodies, they should have that full right without encountering punishment or discrimination. If the client behaves decently, the relationship between the sex buyer and the sex seller must be considered a purely private transaction.

The REAL problem in Thailand is that there are not enough jobs to go around for people with little or no education ! In fact; 99% of the young girls & guys coming from the country-side to places like Bangkok, Pattaya, etc. have NO intentions at all to enter the "flesh-trade". However; after weeks of being turned-down for all sorts of menial jobs, they eventually are left with little alternatives. Don't forget the "unwritten-law" of having to send back money to Mum & Dad & Grandma etc. ! !

This puts heaps of pressure on this youngsters to "earn money".

And you can hardly blame them for wanting a life other than in the country-side . . . . . . THAT is a hopeless & totally bereft of any future proposition - I don't blame them.

Believe me: it's the "people with little or no education" which is the real problem here. If the Thai government would improve the level of education [and somehow improve the funding for schools and teachers (!!!)] - we would see a significant drop in prostitution and a huge increase in employment (the RIGHT) kind of employment.

• Like 1

the majority of these girls have little to no education, and this is a way of providing sufficient funds for them to survive, and also to send money to family. The thai government needs to encourage the younger generation to try stay in school and also to provide good grants for 3rd level education.

Absolutely wrong. The Thai government needs to figure out a way of making Thailands schools effective. Staying in school, and getting a degree does not mean much when it only means you will make 12,000 per month, instead of 7,000 bt. per month working in a factory. And that is if you are lucky enough to get that 12K position. No, Thailand has to work on improving the quality of its education, like its neighbors are doing, or it will get left behind.

Unfortunately they are already getting left behind. You hit the nail on the head with this that I think only a few see it. With the other ASEAN countries rapidly developing with a better rule of law that Thailand, a better education system with an emphasis on English proficiency, you already see Thailand falling behind.

This guy is incredible. How much longer has he got?

violin.gif he does not realize that if this really could be forced , the biggest part of hem just change to other crimes as ,example Drugdealing.....witch should become a bigger problem to Thailand .....only real solution is to stop poverty