Renewing British Passport

My application to renew my kid's UK passport arrived in Hong Kong 3 weeks ago.

I haven't heard anything - does this usually mean everything is OK?

Getting close to our intended departure.

Is there any way to check the stage it is at, ie a number to call?

Thanks.

I have to say that it is rather foolish leaving it so close to a travel date to renew a passport.

Four weeks is the 'standard' time.

The snow in England may not help !!

From http://ukinhongkong....ts/short-notice

Processing time

We aim to process passport renewals within four weeks, under normal circumstances. But this timing but does not allow for any additional delays to delivery times beyond our control. If you need to travel urgently, please see the Urgent travel page.

We remind applicants that travel should not be booked until a passport has been issued and HM Government cannot accept responsibility for any costs incurred if flights are booked and subsequently cancelled because a travel document is not available.

Edited by cardholder

Most of the recent reports on this indicate a turnaround time of around 3 weeks. Mine, late last year, was 22 days. Did they take your money? That at least is an indication that they received the application.

I think the 4 week timescale 'ticks' from when they have taken the card payment.

I have to say that it is rather foolish leaving it so close to a travel date to renew a passport.

Processing time

We aim to process passport renewals within four weeks, under normal circumstances. But this timing but does not allow for any additional delays to delivery times beyond our control. If you need to travel urgently, please see the Urgent travel page.

We remind applicants that travel should not be booked until a passport has been issued and HM Government cannot accept responsibility for any costs incurred if flights are booked and subsequently cancelled because a travel document is not available.

They say 4 weeks, I only decided to get my kid a new passport recently - 6 weeks before travel date. If she doesn't get it in time, she can always travel on her Thai passport. She doesn't need her UK passport to get into UK.

Processing time

They say 4 weeks, I only decided to get my kid a new passport recently - 6 weeks before travel date. If she doesn't get it in time, she can always travel on her Thai passport. She doesn't need her UK passport to get into UK.

Good fall-back position jap.gif

Renewing my UK passport, I see there's a section requiring details of my father's passport number, etc. He's been dead since 1973 so I doubt that my mother still has his old passport. Plus it asks if my parents are still married- obviously not,.

Has anyone else faced a similar problem with this issue, it seems I have to type in the answers before the form will print out.

Thanking anyone in advance.

bannork

Renewing my UK passport, I see there's a section requiring details of my father's passport number, etc. He's been dead since 1973 so I doubt that my mother still has his old passport. Plus it asks if my parents are still married- obviously not,.

Has anyone else faced a similar problem with this issue, it seems I have to type in the answers before the form will print out.

bannork

You can print out the blank form and then fill it in.

bannork

That section (section 2) only applies if you were born after 1982 or born outside UK/UK territory.

Thanks for that Unotover, I'd answered the previous question about being a registered British citizen wrongly!

One further question, on the section about including the old passport, I ticked no and explained in the large box that I didn't include it as that's the recommendation of the embassy.

Is that the right thing to do?

Thanks.

bannork