Car Battery

Puwa

the puwa-mobile will need a new battery soon. over the years i've bought mid-priced ones here that require maintenance and last maybe 3 years. i want to try a sealed battery (i.e., one that you don't have to add distilled water to) because i suspect it will be made better and last longer. any recommendations on particular brands or models or a price range? i', not asking where to find a battery, but for recommended brands. thanks...puwa

Be sure to check your battery after having your car serviced. I never bothered, but when it died, lifted the bonnet, & <deleted> is that. Different brand to the one there beforehuh.png

Not sure who else could've swapped it out apart from when it was in for a service....

Never left it at a car wash.

Edited by MESmith

I bought a mainenance free battery. It lasted about the same three years. Despite it not having filler caps, I had to pry the top off of it several times in that three years to add distilled water. It was about 4,000 Bt and didn't last a single day longer than the 2,200 Bt batteries I'd been buying. Batteries just don't last here long term; same like tires.

Edited by lannarebirth

Adding distilled water to a battery is really hard work........always opt for the double priced maintenance free battery and you won't get tired.

cheesy.gif Sound financial advice!

lol: yup and using even that cheap drinking water ( distilled) is a waste...

I have always used rainwater over the years even the cheapy batteries still last 2-3 years.

Use Jap 2500baht ones here..average life 2.5 years...maintenance ie checking water levels is done religiously whenever the truck is washed..every 1-12 months whether it needs it or not!! Just ordered a new truck so will wash it every day for the first 3 weeks probably....

Seriously, have used all types in boats, gel, mtce free with little eye etc...additional price over maintainable not justified in terms of durability and lifespan ...methinks . Would suggest getting the highest ampere hour you can afford and will fit in the battery bay though.