Non Immigrant Type O Issues

I don't know if the rules have changed but i used to easily be able to get a "type o" visa muiltiple with out any problems. On the application form i used to write for the "purpose of visir" was visiting friends and just garantor myself now is this still possible? becasue i see you need evidence. I just booked a ticket to thailand yesterday and getting worried.

I might be seeking work in Bangkok can i put this down for reason for purpose of visit then try and get a type o multiple??

I am from England and use the consulate in Hull

Thanks jack

The rules have changed and a Non-O to visit friends is no longer available. Your best option is, as said above, a triple entry tourist visa if available. You could look for work and if found, apply for a work permit and get a Non-B in a neighborinhg country. If you use the triple entry TV right, you can get almost 270 days stay in Thailand with 2 border runs.

The rules have changed and a Non-O to visit friends is no longer available. Your best option is, as said above, a triple entry tourist visa if available. You could look for work and if found, apply for a work permit and get a Non-B in a neighborinhg country. If you use the triple entry TV right, you can get almost 270 days stay in Thailand with 2 border runs.

how 270??? is it not 60 days x 3??

A triple entry Tourist visa is valid for entry into Thailand for 6 months. I only allows you to enter, but does not determine how long you can stay. To get maximum use out of the visa you must enter right after it is issued. When you enter you will be granted 60 days permission to stay and that can be extended for 30 days at immigration in Thailand, cost 1900 baht. On the last day, exit and re-enter (second entry). You will get 60 days which can again be extended for 30 days, cost 1900 baht. Now the trick. On the day before the VISA expires (or the must enter by date on the visa) exit and re-enter (third entry) and you will get another 60 days that can be extended for 30 days, cost 1900 baht. So if you enter Thailand the day after the visa is issued and use it properly you can get 265+ days.

I just noticed your login name, jackinkrabi. If you are currently in Thailand, the triple entry option doesn't seem to be available in neighboring countries. I think that the best you will get is a double, but if used right that would give you almost 180 days.

Edited by wayned

A triple entry Tourist visa is valid for entry into Thailand for 6 months. I only allows you to enter, but does not determine how long you can stay. To get maximum use out of the visa you must enter right after it is issued. When you enter you will be granted 60 days permission to stay and that can be extended for 30 days at immigration in Thailand, cost 1900 baht. On the last day, exit and re-enter (second entry). You will get 60 days which can again be extended for 30 days, cost 1900 baht. Now the trick. On the day before the VISA expires (or the must enter by date on the visa) exit and re-enter (third entry) and you will get another 60 days that can be extended for 30 days, cost 1900 baht. So if you enter Thailand the day after the visa is issued and use it properly you can get 265+ days.

I just noticed your login name, jackinkrabi. If you are currently in Thailand, the triple entry option doesn't seem to be available in neighboring countries. I think that the best you will get is a double, but if used right that would give you almost 180 days.

back in the uk at the mo, used to live in Ao Nang.

thanks for the tips does it matter when i would extend?? as in the first week or something, that is quite expensive to so this. i think i might become a male order English groom.

one more thing Immigration staff are always so grumpy any tips to cheer them up??

The example that I gave you was how to get the maximum number of days out of the visa. It doesn't matter when you extend, the cost of an extension doesn't depend on it's length (7, 30, 60 or 1 year) it's still 1900 baht. The key is to enter as soon as the visa is issued and to use your last entry the day before the visa expires

Be nice and smile! Put the shoe on the other foot. What if you were a UK immigration officer and had to deal with "US" - rude, obnoxious, can't speak or understand your language. I don't know about you, but I'd be grumpy too!

Requirements for Non Imm O Visa at Hull Consulate

Category “O”

--------------------------

1) Married to a Thai national

Evidence required:

a) If married in Thailand:

Copies of Original Thai Marriage Certificate and Thai ID Card or Thai Passport.

b. If married in UK:

Copies of Original UK Marriage Certificate and Thai ID Card or Thai Passport.

Please note that either a single or multiple entry visa can be granted in these circumstances.

or

2) Visiting family working/living in Thailand

Evidence required:

a) Birth/Marriage Certificate to show relationship

b. Letter from relative confirming they are in Thailand together with a copy of page

in their passport showing valid entry visa or a copy of their valid work permit..

Please note that either a single or multiple entry visa can be granted in these circumstances.

or

3) Volunteer Work

Evidence required:

a) Sponsor Letter from Registered Charity.

or

4) Visiting Thailand as Pensioner

Evidence required:

a) Copy of Bank Statement showing receipt of State and/or Private Pension.

or

5) Visiting Thailand as Retired Person aged 50 years and over

Evidence required:

a) Copy of Bank Statement showing income of minimum £900 per month.