Honda Pcx150 Or Click 125I ?

Spellforce

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 90,000 Bt number for the price I wonder about ?? I would like a new PCX with a little more power, but 90,000 Bt ? Where did that come from ? A very slightly larger piston and cylender to make it happen have little or no extra cost over the 125.cc model. If the price goes up to 90,000 Bt I will get a CBR 150 for 79,000 and a a much better ride for the long haul

if a cbr150 is 80k , 90k seems natural for pcx150 including cvt, dual headlights, start/stop, advanced alternator, alarm/security, under seat storage

pricing a bike has little to do with manufactoring cost, its what the market accepts. Triumph and Harley in TH cost 2-4 times kwakers, cause someones willing to pay it

I do like the Honda PCX but wouldn't trade my Elegance for one. I consider the 125cc PCX to be under powered. The new 150cc PCX is likely a different story. I live in a mountainous area and even the 135cc Elegance is marginal as far as going uphill power. Depending on the selling price of the new PCX, I may very well be tempted. I would be even more tempted if Honda would see fit to make the auto stop/start and the dual brake system options.

I do like the Honda PCX but wouldn't trade my Elegance for one. I consider the 125cc PCX to be under powered. The new 150cc PCX is likely a different story. I live in a mountainous area and even the 135cc Elegance is marginal as far as going uphill power. Depending on the selling price of the new PCX, I may very well be tempted. I would be even more tempted if Honda would see fit to make the auto stop/start and the dual brake system options.

an extra 25cc will probably make them both about equally powered since the pcx is substancially heavier and bulkier

it will be interesting if the new elegance can squeeze out any more power with their new FI system .....

I'm not a big fan of the PCX mainly due to the stupid hump in the seat - at 6'4" it's just in the position where I'd want to sit. I have trouble on scooters which is why actually semi-automatics such as the Wave for me are much more comfortable as the legs are in a different position and my knees don't bump the handlebars. Was actually thinking of buying a Yamaha Spark 135i which beats the PCX and the Nuovo Elegance in my opinion. I do have a CBR and an Airblade already however :-) But I agree the Nuovo is the best automatic there is, in my opinion much better than the fat bulbous pcx...

used to hate the combo brake on my vtx1800cc and other hondas.

on pcx it works very well, initial use of front brake activates 2 pistons front, ad rearbrake and front wheel braking increases noticable when 3rd pistons activates, without locking rearwheel

only took them 10 years, but now its good

I'm not a big fan of the PCX mainly due to the stupid hump in the seat - at 6'4" it's just in the position where I'd want to sit. I have trouble on scooters which is why actually semi-automatics such as the Wave for me are much more comfortable as the legs are in a different position and my knees don't bump the handlebars. Was actually thinking of buying a Yamaha Spark 135i which beats the PCX and the Nuovo Elegance in my opinion. I do have a CBR and an Airblade already however :-) But I agree the Nuovo is the best automatic there is, in my opinion much better than the fat bulbous pcx...

hump removes with 2 nuts, did it day of delivery, couldnt ride it comfortably with it, now its yammy tmax500 feel and legroom

more change of seat, 300 baht in any seat shop

Think the fat bulbous PCX was designed so fat bulbous farangs don't look daft on them laugh.png .

• 3 months later...

Hi.. Can anyone tell me if the Honda Click 125i comes with an alarm as standerd.... as I just buy one for my gf but she say it not have one and must pay 2,000 baht more if I want it. we bought the Forward model.. I looked on youtube before we buy and all the bikes had an alarm with remote control... even the cheapest model... um we paid 55,000 baht.. is that about right for this bike ? Regards Graham

Whats all this <deleted> about the PCX being 90000 baht, you can buy new for 78000 baht all in.

Agreed..... I bought my 150cc in Phuket for B.77400 which included Registration and Government Insurance which I considered to be a fair price.

Hi.. Can anyone tell me if the Honda Click 125i comes with an alarm as standerd.... as I just buy one for my gf but she say it not have one and must pay 2,000 baht more if I want it. we bought the Forward model.. I looked on youtube before we buy and all the bikes had an alarm with remote control... even the cheapest model... um we paid 55,000 baht.. is that about right for this bike ? Regards Graham

I'm pretty sure it doesn't come with an alarm as standard but either way 2000B sounds alot to have one fitted.

Think the fat bulbous PCX was designed so fat bulbous farangs don't look daft on them laugh.png .

I think you will find that I will still look daft !

Not as bad as a Mio - looks like I'm wearing that.

I have a new PCX 150 and it is a great scooter. I have ridden a friends Nouvo and it just doesn't work for me heavy front end, my feet get cramped as the rest are too small for my size 13s, hard to start after a few days of not running. a very cheap finish, mirrors not enough extension, front brakes grab, bike only has 7,000k, It does have very good exceleration after warm up but it will die on you if you open up to soon.

My girlfriend has a older model click I have ridden several times all I can say since I got my PCX no way will I ride it just too small. The new 125 does look a bit larger than the old model.

As always what one rides and likes is their own personal decision and opionion

Done!... today I paid a deposit for the Click "Street" red & white color:

hondaclick-125i-2-640x494.jpg

48500 bahts without taxes & insurance

(I don't like the both colors of the 2 "forward" models)

Nice looking, powerfull, easy to drive & park. This model will replace the Air Blade 110 & PCX125... why should I pay twice the price for the PCX250 ?

Congratulations on your new Click hope you enjoy it.

Why the PCX 150 are almost 2 X price of a Click? Well if you read the posts in this topic you have the answer, the PCX is the Rolls Royce of Thai scooters.

Your right about the PCX, noooooooooooo comparison.

And looking at the Click photo, where is the chassis, and where is the rear suspension ? laugh.png

( jest, but these are the points that make it a crap ride, watch out for those pot holes eh)

I cant believe the price. I just bought the alloy wheel model in red which is nice for 51,700 in chiang mai, incl ins and road tax

Yesterday I made a race with my pcx150 and 2 other bikes: one click125 and one pcx125 on Sukhumvit road (Pattaya).

We started from the red fire, closed to the bridge going to bangkok, between pattaya nua and pattaya klang, and we were going to pattaya klang. We climbed this small hill, we stoped art the next red fire (junction to soi siam country) and the results are:

1st - pcx150 won

2nd - click125 (30 meters behind)

3rd - pcx125 (20 meters from the click125 or 50 meters from the pcx150)

PS: And on my pcx150, I had a girl with me, the 2 others were driving alone !

Yesterday I made a race with my pcx150 and 2 other bikes: one click125 and one pcx125 on Sukhumvit road (Pattaya).

We started from the red fire, closed to the bridge going to bangkok, between pattaya nua and pattaya klang, and we were going to pattaya klang. We climbed this small hill, we stoped art the next red fire (junction to soi siam country) and the results are:

1st - pcx150 won

Sounds about right. a 150 should beat a 125, and the lighter 125 click should beat the heavier125 PCX.

I'd like to hear someone doing this with the new Click and new Nouvo.

The older Nouvo are quick (don't know about the new model), my friend tried his against my 150 PCX I was with my girlfriend so we were about 40-45 kg more than him, acceleration was almost identical, so I guess the PCX with the same weight would be slightly quicker acceleration.

• 2 months later...

I cant believe the price. I just bought the alloy wheel model in red which is nice for 51,700 in chiang mai, incl ins and road tax

I just bought the new 125i with idle-stop, mag wheels and combi brakes for 52,700bht.

Paid another 2k for two years loss or theft insurance (not sure that was worthwhile).

Very strange the engine stopping and starting on it's own at traffic lights.

The 5.5 litre petrol tank will also come in handy.

This has replaced my 5 year old AirBlade

I just bought the new 125i with idle-stop, mag wheels and combi brakes for 52,700bht.

Paid another 2k for two years loss or theft insurance (not sure that was worthwhile).

Where did you buy the bike?

Where did you buy the bike?

CM, main Honda dealer just over the bridge on the way to the bus station.

Was also surprised they seemed to have stock on all colours, pay and drive away.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Virtually none of the discussion above is valid - prior to May of this year. Nobody had a 150 long enough to report upon the new PCX and most entries about the Honda Click-i 125 were based on the old bike, which has a new structure in the bigger new version. It's different animal.

To gain more accurate views, we might look at dedicated threads. With regard to the New Click, let me suggest that it is Very Quick, solid in the rear because of right-side support, somewhat larger (storage too), and particularly easy to navigate in tight spots. And the latest renditions of the Forward model (at about 52K, all in (no theft) in CM) feature not only the alloy wheels and combi-brake, but engine-stop/start as well.

At least up to 80, the New Click is faster than my Elegance was or my Hayate F-i is. It is a tad shorter coupled, but a modified seat removes some of that sense. It is quicker (little 14", if wider, wheels) in maneuvering in town, but for my money, is less comfortable than the Elegance, Hayate, and of course PCX's at cruise, because the Click bounces <but I've not driven it long enough for suspension to soften, if it does>. Fuel use is above 40kilometers/l, but I must get better figures after it has more wear and have the patience to get the fuel people to fill it to a true full once in a while.

As for the PCX with either engine, I've long expressed the view that it is wonderful for its type (until true 249's become popular) for auto-cruising, suburban and country riding. But I cannot agree that it does not involve me in compromises in town - not only in parking, but when snaking through auto mirrors to advance to the red light. For me, the disadvantages of its being bulkier are greater than the benefits of even a 150cc engine confer. But it (I've only had possession of a 125 for one day) strikes me as comfortable, even luxurious, in the range.

Edited by CMX

To gain more accurate views, we might look at dedicated threads. With regard to the New Click, let me suggest that it is Very Quick, solid in the rear because of right-side support, somewhat larger (storage too), and particularly easy to navigate in tight spots. And the latest renditions of the Forward model (at about 52K, all in (no theft) in CM) feature not only the alloy wheels and combi-brake, but engine-stop/start as well.

I only saw the RH support today, parked it next to an older Click, and noticed the 125i real wheel now has a large alloy support connecting the RH side of the wheel to the frame. The older Click having the RH side of the rear wheel free floating.

1st - pcx150 won

Sounds about right. a 150 should beat a 125, and the lighter 125 click should beat the heavier125 PCX.

I'd like to hear someone doing this with the new Click and new Nouvo.

As you mentioned, the weight is the main factor for such small engines.

I compared the pcx 125 and 150 with my girlfriend.

She is 45 kg, I am 75kg and she was riding the 125.

In the first 30m or so she was faster than me and then it was about same but she was still a few meters ahead of me.

Only when I reached 80km/h I started easily catching up on her and overtook her.

So for all heavier guys around on PCX150, dont try racing small chicks on PCX or newest clicks at the traffic lights or you will end up losing face :-)

The New PCX and Click share the same basic engine design. The PCX, although having a larger displacement, is compromised by the added weight of the bulky panels and gadgets. I doubt there's much difference in performance between either of them. After-all, performance is all about power/weight ratio.

Nice looking, powerfull, easy to drive & park. This model will replace the Air Blade 110 & PCX125... why should I pay twice the price for the PCX250 ?

good choice and good for you..I'm looking at the new click as well...I rode an older model and it was still awesome to ride.

good choice and good for you..I'm looking at the new click as well...I rode an older model and it was still awesome to ride.

48,500 for the base model Click usually includes tax and insurance.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

• 11 months later...

So, if we take the same comparison up today, a year later, what's the consensus?

My trusty AirBlade is over 5 years old and about time to consider a replacement. I'd buy another if one was available but as it's discontinued it's not an option.

I've seen the new Click around and it looks like a good replacement, but i'd also consider the PCX 150, at least if there was a considerable power advantage. I live out in Nongprue so going into town on the motorway I'd be nice to be able to cruise in with 120 km/h. The Airblade does 95 km/h on a good day (indicated).

Love my PCX150 but most probably not much faster than a Click.

It's all about size to me, I fell comfortable on the PCX and it goes up to 100 (indicated) pretty fast and then looses steam and 110 is a struggle.

It's a city commuter scooter and I don't want a Forza 300, it's simply too big for my needs, the PCX is the best Thai bike/scooter I ever owned.