Shipping Container Of Houshold Goods From Aust To Thailand

necronx99

Anyone have any recent experiences in shipping household goods from OS to Thailand. experiences of, or recommendations of particular companies

Shipping services from Aust in particular but general customs hassles also.

Goods belong to Thai national so tax exempt for household goods in theory.

Nothing special in the shipment, just a regular house full of crap and kitchen appliances.

Did the same about 3 years ago. Sent about 10 'tea chests' by air cargo from Perth to a sister in law in BKK.

Had to provide a manifest of goods contained with approx. value of each item. Paid about $AUD 100 import tax. S.I.L encountered no real dramas picking up the goods, but it still took a few hours to get the goods released.

I did take photos of everything before I packed them, just as a record, but the photos weren't needed, everything arrived intact and unmolested.

Did the move from Oz to Thailand two years ago, went throught Wridgeways International, needed a half container from Perth, cost $7000 door to door, packing and unpacking, all costs included in the price. Wridgeways for the container, others charge by the square meter, paying for the container was around $1000 less than the others. We moved everything, the wife wanted the cookware most, higher quality than is available here. Did the move in my wife's name, so no problems with import duty, just got to be sure the electrics are more than six months old with receipts as proof of age.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Edited by TomTao

We shipped a full container up. The only advice I would give you is not to include any more than 1 of each electrical item. we had 3 TV's and they tried to kill us.....when I protested and said take them out they are worth less than what you want to charge, they came back and said $250USD and we'll clear the whole shipment.

I paid the money and it was delivered the next morning at 7am.....