3 Foreigners Injured In Bangkok Bomb Explosion

webfact

After watching the Video,I almost felt sorry to see another fellow human being in this condition,then I woke up and realised he is not a human being,and had planned to have someone else in his position........som nam naa!

Edited by MAJIC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On that point made by Balo above, I've walked through a lot of MRT gates and a lot of mall scanners in BKK in recent months...

Every time, the MRT guards ask for bags and purses to be opened.... But I've yet to see any of them do anything other than briefly look inside and wave people through... And the guards at the malls don't even bother to look or stop anyone as their detectors are beep beep beeping...

I've carried desktop computer CPUs en route on the MRT to FortuneTown... And I showed the MRT guards the computer case.... But they looked quickly and waved me through.... If I was a terrorist, I could have had a lot of explosives packed inside that case.... or other things people routinely carry on or bring in.

The only good thing I can think is... presumably the MEasterns involved in such things aren't out to cause mass casualties among Thais by bombing a subway or shopping mall. Rather, presumably, if they were after something here, it likely would be narrowly and specifically targeted at American and/or Israeli interests.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Hmm: here is the news about Chinese embassy warning:

The Chinese Consulate General has issued a strong warning about travel to Chiang Mai, following a series of attacks on tourists including the recent brutal mugging of a woman at a temple.

The official website of the Chinese Consulate-General warns Chinese tourists of "numerous incidents of looting".

The warning was posted on the website of the Consulate General after a 36-year-old Chinese female tourist _ Liu Xiao Hong _ was battered about the head with wooden clubs early in the morning of Jan 25.

Warning for the Chinese being robbed, no demand from Thai government for the Chinese to contact the Thai governmnet before putting out the warning? No protestors in front of the Chinese embassy? May be it is the Jews' plot?

The American embassy is bashed for putting out terrorist warning?

This area is not far from where I live.

I think that the Iranians planned a big attack and luckily they didnt succeed ,

Now its that time again to give our bags to the security at malls and MRT, just in case we carry bombs.....

These security check points are sadly very worthless. Best case is that when you set off an alarm you just open your bag to show either what set off the alarm or that you have nothing in there to set off the alarm ... meanwhile the Uzi and grenades in and under your jacket are never questioned. One just need to carry an umbrella going through the security check points at the mall or MRT to pass freely through while setting off the buzzer ... or simply look like a farang and 9 out of 10 times they are to scared to try their English to speak with you or stop you. Even more odd is they don't even have any security check for the BTS.

They do need to improve security in the MRT and BTS as they are prime targets ... especially the subway system. There is not a whole lot you can do to prevent an attack but things such as more security throughout the system (including armed security on each train and platform) along with bomb detection dogs would be helpful.

After watching the Video,I almost felt sorry to see another fellow human being in this condition,then I woke up and realised he is not a human being,and had planned to have someone else in his position........som nam naa!

It's normal to feel sorry even for someone with his intentions from a basic human compassion point of view. Of course it is good he failed.

It's pretty easy to guess the type of target they were after based on recent events in Georgia and India. Again, not rocket science. Sometimes a cigar IS just a cigar.

post-37101-0-09459600-1329242825_thumb.j

Al Jazeera's reporting this is probably a continuation of a series of attacks by Iran against Israeli targets in retaliation for attacks against their scientists and government members recenly. Makes sense.

No I said Zionist act no better than them. Truth hurts but if the cap fits wear it .They break more un resulutions than any other country and still steal land .

There is no equivalence between the foreign policy of the Jewish state of Israel and the Hitlerian Nazi regime of the Third Reich. In fact, to assert that is defined as a manifestation of antisemitism by the E.U.

Can't you do better? You want to criticize Israeli policies? Great. You want to say they are like Nazis? Do you really need that crutch?

Like i said truth hurts , but the facts speak for themself.Just you dont like to see the truth thats all

Zionism and Nazism are "identical manifestations of the same basic pathology" and that they are "equally dangerous.

Thanks for sharing. So Jewish self determination is a horrible thing. Why isn't Thai self determination equally horrible?

BTW, the truth may hurt but your hate speech doesn't hurt because I know it is wrong. Israel is not the same as Nazi Germany and that is a fact. Perfect, it's not. There are worse governments and there are better ones.

Jingthing

It is blatantly clear the guy is talking about 'Zionists' not Jews, or Israeli foreign policy, so stop your bigoted, racist drama queen act pulling yet again another anti-semitism card from your sleeve.

And by the way, the reason why non of this makes any sense is WHY! primarily WHY HERE? It makes no sense.

When it comes to killing children day in day out and old women , and young men.I hate zionist You know what isa if or when your country or the place you seem to love so much Attacks Iran i really do hope every country in the middle east wakes up- as you lot will be in a whole world are <deleted> yes you can guess the yanks will help you out but that will be it ,as the rest Europe will stay well out of it like we are with syria.The worst thing us English ever did was sell out the palistians and give the land to the Zionist.

Actually, the father of the Palestinian nationalist movement was the real Nazi. Lived in Berlin and collaborated with the Nazis to send the European Jews to the Nazi death camps. Now that the history lesson is over, move on.

Just an idea, but yesterday a bomb went off attached to an Israeli embassy van in New Dehli, and another bomb was found attached to an embassy car in Tblisi, Georgia. Israel has already blamed Iran for these attacks.

Mossad has been responsible for bombing their own embassies in the past. I would assume the ones in Dehli & Tblisi is to give them reason to bomb iran. Which I would imagine would be coming this year at some point

+1

Jingthing

It is blatantly clear the guy is talking about 'Zionists' not Jews, or Israeli foreign policy, so stop your bigoted, racist drama queen act pulling yet again another anti-semitism card from your sleeve.

And by the way, the reason why non of this makes any sense is WHY! primarily WHY HERE? It makes no sense.

I don't agree with you. I read racism in his speech. Every other people can have a nation but not the Jews. That's racist. Also calling Israel's policies the same as Nazi Germany IS antisemitic speech by definition. Edited by Jingthing

Thailand south Muslims are sunni , iran and Hezbollah are shia.Only hamas who are sunni get funding and training from Hezbollah and islamic jihad.I can not see Hezbollah training down south its a totally different issue .Mossad on the other hand has been killing loads of irans scientist .Planting bombs here and there , this could be iran tit for tat or it could be some iranians even working for mossed as they have done in the past.

Edited by deon

Forgot already this one?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/526454-thai-govt-in-damage-control-on-terror/

Here the parts I like most:

The Yingluck government yesterday appeared to adjust its public relations strategy involving terrorism threats, after concerns arose that Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung's hasty remarks in the wake of the latest US warning could have made things worse.

Deputy Prime Minister Kowit Wattana said: “at this juncture, the government and officials could keep the situation under control - and there was no cause for concern that Bangkok could be a target for an international terrorist attack.”

Defence Minister Yuthasak Sasiprapha reprimanded the United States for making a unilateral disclosure in a travel warning wrongly pinpointing Bangkok as a potential terrorist target.

The US had acted in panic because of a mistaken suspicion an attack was poised to happen on January 13-15 and its action adversely impacted on Thailand, he said.

Some may have the impression the bombers just got frustrated 'cause they could not not find a pink BMW!

• Like 1

Do a google on Thailand Explosions and you will see a good assortment of credible international news reports of these explosions in Bangkok, Thailand. report consensus is clearly that the "bombers" were Iranian, and had lived in Bangkok and also that they used hand grenades. Israeli intelligence indicates that they were targeting high profile targets in Bangkok such as the Israeli embassy and a synangogue as well as other targets where there would be a high concentration of Americans and Israelis as well as other foreigners.

What say you NOW?

Is Thailand a new terrorism playground?

http://www.thaivisa....ism-playground/

Chalerm denies threat of terror

http://www.thaivisa....error-thailand/

PM Yingluck brushes aside worries over terror attack plan in Thailand

http://www.thailandn...an-in-thailand/

Still other places to go in Thailand not just Bangkok .. But yea maybe this too will happen after being here for eight years now a lot of crazy thing's do happen here ,,,

Forgot already this one?

http://www.thaivisa....trol-on-terror/

Here the parts I like most:

The Yingluck government yesterday appeared to adjust its public relations strategy involving terrorism threats, after concerns arose that Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung's hasty remarks in the wake of the latest US warning could have made things worse.

Deputy Prime Minister Kowit Wattana said: “at this juncture, the government and officials could keep the situation under control - and there was no cause for concern that Bangkok could be a target for an international terrorist attack.”

Defence Minister Yuthasak Sasiprapha reprimanded the United States for making a unilateral disclosure in a travel warning wrongly pinpointing Bangkok as a potential terrorist target.

The US had acted in panic because of a mistaken suspicion an attack was poised to happen on January 13-15 and its action adversely impacted on Thailand, he said.

Some may have the impression the bombers just got frustrated 'cause they could not not find a pink BMW!

They need to show a pick of him with egg on his face or of him eating crow.

Edited by z12

Do a google on Thailand Explosions and you will see a good assortment of credible international news reports of these explosions in Bangkok, Thailand. report consensus is clearly that the "bombers" were Iranian, and had lived in Bangkok and also that they used hand grenades. Israeli intelligence indicates that they were targeting high profile targets in Bangkok such as the Israeli embassy and a synangogue as well as other targets where there would be a high concentration of Americans and Israelis as well as other foreigners.

Are you suggesting that the news is reporting that Israel knew about these terrorist suspects before this incident and knew their targets? One thing you can almost be assured of is that any statements from Israel at this point are not credible and simply political. They may turn out to be true but they may very well turn out to be untrue .. especially any ties these morons had to the Iran government.

The way the story has been told in the UK media doesn't make much sense, instant blame on Iranians. Why Bangkok? I'm sure there is easier targets elsewhere, also warnings from the US emabssy months ago about a possible attack!

It all maybe true, personally I think there is a lot more to it, but hey I'm very sceptical of anything the US-UK-Israeli tells people.

Jingthing

I don't agree with you. I read racism in his speech. Every other people can have a nation but not the Jews. That's racist. Also calling Israel's policies the same as Nazi Germany IS antisemitic speech by definition.

Would comparing Thailand to Nazi Germany be anti-Bhudist? How about Iran, would that be anti-Muslim? I don't agree with comparing a county to Nazi Germany unless there is a real comparison and with Israel I don't believe there is but it is also VERY VERY appropriate to point out similarities, if some policies do compare because of how much Israel and it supporters still continue to use their plight in WWII as a means to deflect criticism and justify actions. I think you are both being a bit extreme. Personally I don't care about Zionism, Muslims or Jews and their beliefs unless they hurt others but would have no issue what-so-ever with seeing Israel dissolved if they cannot immediately learn to get along with their neighbors, retain land they have annexed, stop destroying homes of Palestinians and most importantly cannot learn to take care of itself instead of being the biggest leaching country to the United States tax payers. In my mind Israel's negative impact on the world far far far outweighs any positive they bring to the world and especially to that region of the world.

These kind of thinkers always have a "but" for their specious argument.

Edited by z12

I think it's very sad that a55holes like this could attempt something like this especially outside a school, that's unforgivable. He's obviously panicked. Just a shame he didn't decide to panic when he was with the other 2 that have fled.

I don't condone action such as this, for whatever the beliefs or reasons, and can't even start to try to understand what makes someone do this.

However, I p155ed myself laughing when I saw the photo of the bomber on the floor after accidentally detonating the device too close to his own body. Maybe the instructions weren't too clear in the "Bombing for Dummies" book.

It's just a shame that shock will have numbed a lot of the pain.

Using the often-touted method advocated by some on this board of apportioning blame to whoever benefits from certain criminal activity, I see the US coming out of this in a very good light.

Not blaming the US for this, just highlighting the fundamentally flawed method some people around here use to apportion blame when it comes to beating up on their favorite political targets.

"All of the injured have been transported to the Kluaynamthai Hospital except for the foreigner who was transported to Chulalongkorn Hospital."

This low life is still alive. Maybe he would appreciate some visitors.

Why Chulalongkorn Hospital? Chulalongkorn Hospital is a long long way away in Silom, amid Bangkok traffic, it could easily take 45 mins. There are lots of nearer hosipitals, like banrungrad or Samitivate etc.

Draw your own conclusions...

Nisa

yes it's for real and so is his accent.

I don't understand why guys would assemble 4000Kg of explosives and then go out on an unplanned, ill thought through attack with three weapons the size of hand grenades, there bye blowing the cover on doing something of major significance.

Nisa

I don't understand why guys would assemble 4000Kg of explosives and then go out on an unplanned, ill thought through attack with three weapons the size of hand grenades, there bye blowing the cover on doing something of major significance.

The report says they ran from their building after one explosion so I guess they figured they'd be found out very soon and ran out with whatever came to hand (grenades).

you guys are nuts if you think a solo "terrorist" with a couple pipe bombs is the intel the US was warning about. amazing how many fools still believe the hype of the war machine. even expats. sad.

They had C4. Do you realize the horrendous amount of death that this could have caused if they put it together correctly and detonated it in the subway or in a nightclub or in a school?

if they really had c4, there would have been nothing left of that shack.! think about it or google it. it would have been matchsticks and cement powder

Nisa

I imagine the plan didn't entail going out in an unplanned attack. Much more likely that the plan entailed going out on a planned and coordinated attack against a specific target.

What their plan clearly didn't include was accidentally detonating explosives in the home, instantly throwing everything into disarray.

Are you suggesting that the news is reporting that Israel knew about these terrorist suspects before this incident and knew their targets? One thing you can almost be assured of is that any statements from Israel at this point are not credible and simply political. They may turn out to be true but they may very well turn out to be untrue .. especially any ties these morons had to the Iran government.

No suggestion intended. It's nice to be "just a facts" person. The three men involved are Iranian, two captured or killed and one escaped on a plane out of Thailand before the Thai authorities could respond to securing exit points. If you want to allow yourself to formulate scenarios, the possibilities are unlimited. Iran is a relative newcomer to foreign urban bombing terror and not as "organized" or tracked as fervently as other arab groups by Isareali Mossad and US CIA/NSA simply because they haven't been organized well. If one were to "speculate" further, you could logically assume that Mossad and maybe the US intelligence was aware of Iranians in Thailand.

It is a fact that one of the Iranians lived in a house in the district in Bangkok and that his house was damaged by a prematurely exploded hand grenade. To me, the Iranians are a big concern because they have nothing to lose. That's the group that is always most feared. The ones who have nothing to lose. Some posts indicated a point of view that problems between Israel and the US with Iran are " not Thailand's concern." This is a very risky path for Thailand to follow, particularly since civil war has been raging between Thais and Malay Thai muslims in the south for years and just today, news of another bombing and the killing of two "Malay tourists" who would be added to the overall approximate 6,000 dead toll.