3 Foreigners Injured In Bangkok Bomb Explosion

webfact

One thing that puzzels me is why would Iran sponser a few acts of relatively minor terrorismput him in hospital.

How do you know that the terrorist attack that they were planning was minor? The conspiracy theory types always seem to come up with excuses for terrorists that have no basis in logic or fact.

Watched a media report on Australian T.V and the Thai Government have stated that this was an isolated incident and not related to terrorism. There is NO terrorism threat in Thailand and it is still safe to travel and to go about your business.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the video 2 things are plainly evident.

1. The terrorist has been defeeted.

2. Levis are virtually indestructable.

Love the "defeeted" quote.

No doubt the Levis were original and not copies from some other country clap2.gif

Watched a media report on Australian T.V and the Thai Government have stated that this was an isolated incident and not related to terrorism. There is NO terrorism threat in Thailand and it is still safe to travel and to go about your business.

NO terrorism threat with one of these bombers not in custody as well as whoever set these guys up. Sure! ermm.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.

Bad news , I am coming back to Bangkok tomorrow from working in Oman. I hope it thus not make my wife crazzy , we are planning to go shopping in Pratunam.

We can not stop doing what we are normally doing. we will not give up living for some others believe.

A free world , in a beautiful country

Enjoy your day

peter

Exactly, just go about your normal business, as most of us (Thais & farang) did yesterday.

One thing that puzzels me is why would Iran sponser a few acts of relatively minor terrorismput him in hospital.

How do you know that the terrorist attack that they were planning was minor? The conspiracy theory types always seem to come up with excuses for terrorists that have no basis in logic or fact.

Well ok, let's say it was going to be a major attack then. What is the benfit for Iran to conduct MAJOR terrorist attacks when doing so would only lead to a war that they don't want.

You talk about logic, where is the logic for Iran to start doing this?

The way the story has been told in the UK media doesn't make much sense, instant blame on Iranians. Why Bangkok? I'm sure there is easier targets elsewhere, also warnings from the US emabssy months ago about a possible attack!

It all maybe true, personally I think there is a lot more to it, but hey I'm very sceptical of anything the US-UK-Israeli tells people.

In past years, there has been one actual terrorist attack on the Israeli Embassy in BKK involving gunmen who stormed and seized the facility, and another attempted bombing of it in later years with a large truck bomb that failed...

Why don't you ask the guys behind those two plots why they decided to go after Israel in Thailand?

It really doesn't matter to those guys WHERE the target is located, as long as the target is Israel or Israelis.... And if they wanted to pick a place that's generally hospitable to terrorists and other criminals, Thailand certainly would be high up on that list.

• Like 1

Which Thai official said this in relation to this incident? Which Australian news program carried this message that you watched?

you guys are nuts if you think a solo "terrorist" with a couple pipe bombs is the intel the US was warning about. teens make pipe bombs in the US and bring them to school. if anything this was a CIA setup to advance the war on terror. amazing how many fools still believe the hype of the war machine. even expats. sad.

cheesy.gif

I completely agree with Vahack-it stinks of a set up. Problem/reaction/solution.

Well ok, let's say it was going to be a major attack then. What is the benfit for Iran to conduct MAJOR terrorist attacks when doing so would only lead to a war that they don't want.

Threatening to destroy Israel, block the Straits of Hormuz and trying to murder innocent civilians - they certainly are not acting like they do not want a war.whistling.gif

Some of the posts alleging "false flag" operations or an attempt by some convoluted US/Zionist/UK conspiracy demonstrate;

1. A hatred so intense it blinds the proponent of such nonsense to the reality and/or,

2. Some serious mental health issues.

It has now been shown that at least 2 of the 3 participants were Iranian agents. One lost his legs as his grenade fell short after bouncing off a tree and , another was arrested at BKK. The Nation has reported that police arrested a man, identified as Mohammad Hazaei, 42, while he was waiting for a flight to Kuala Lumpur. I don't suppose any of the people alleging a false flag operation will retract their false claims and allegations.

It will be interesting to see if Thailand launches a diplomatic protest against Iran, or imposes visa restrictions. Thailand has to react and fast. To not do so will invite serious damage.

I don't know if that's based on yesterday's early comments or today's morning after look. But either way, in all likelihood, it's a total load of B.S.

Ya, maybe the guys involved were arguing.... perhaps over where they wanted to blow up their 7 or 8 pounds of C4 explosives.... No, that's not terrorism, of course!!!

I completely agree with Vahack-it stinks of a set up. Problem/reaction/solution.

You agree? Fine, then substantiate your point. Why were Iranians the implicated parties if this is a set up? Why are these 3 implicated parties now identified as Iranian agents? Why was one of them trying to flee to Malaysia? If I was a diabolical Israeli or American agent, the last place I would go is to Malaysia. It is a good place to go if one is aligned with Iran or Hizbollah as there are several extremist groups operating in the open in Malaysia, but Malaysi bans Israeli nationals and is not a safe place for western secret agents

Threatening to destroy Israel, block the Straits of Hormuz and trying to murder innocent civilians - they certainly are not acting like they do not want a war.whistling.gif

Actually those things are designed to prevent a war ... lessons from North Korea. Sending out terrorists to attack citizens is one that will ensure an attack of war and loss of allies.

Are you suggesting that the news is reporting that Israel knew about these terrorist suspects before this incident and knew their targets? One thing you can almost be assured of is that any statements from Israel at this point are not credible and simply political. They may turn out to be true but they may very well turn out to be untrue .. especially any ties these morons had to the Iran government.

No suggestion intended. It's nice to be "just a facts" person. The three men involved are Iranian, two captured or killed and one escaped on a plane out of Thailand before the Thai authorities could respond to securing exit points. If you want to allow yourself to formulate scenarios, the possibilities are unlimited. Iran is a relative newcomer to foreign urban bombing terror and not as "organized" or tracked as fervently as other arab groups by Isareali Mossad and US CIA/NSA simply because they haven't been organized well. If one were to "speculate" further, you could logically assume that Mossad and maybe the US intelligence was aware of Iranians in Thailand.

It is a fact that one of the Iranians lived in a house in the district in Bangkok and that his house was damaged by a prematurely exploded hand grenade. To me, the Iranians are a big concern because they have nothing to lose. That's the group that is always most feared. The ones who have nothing to lose. Some posts indicated a point of view that problems between Israel and the US with Iran are " not Thailand's concern." This is a very risky path for Thailand to follow, particularly since civil war has been raging between Thais and Malay Thai muslims in the south for years and just today, news of another bombing and the killing of two "Malay tourists" who would be added to the overall approximate 6,000 dead toll.

not such a newcomer, http://www.iranterro...ent/view/38/56/

It's a pity a detailed list of CIA/Mossad atrocities aren't readily available on the net! If it was, you would find it makes the above list seem very short in comparison.

And that would justify these people, with their ideology, crimes against humanity how?

Edited by z12

Some of the posts alleging "false flag" operations or an attempt by some convoluted US/Zionist/UK conspiracy demonstrate;

1. A hatred so intense it blinds the proponent of such nonsense to the reality and/or,

2. Some serious mental health issues.

It has now been shown that at least 2 of the 3 participants were Iranian agents. <snip>

no sense in reading further since your first statement is utterly false as it has not in any shape of form been shown any of these people are Iranian Agents unless you are incorrectly using the word Agent and Citizen as synonyms. You are bothered by some extreme thinkers but clearly you are choosing your words to manipulate the facts as this is not the first time you have called them agents.

Updated report from The Nation in the other thread this morning...

Includes the following:

A report in the Thai-language Manager website said the suspect tried to slit his own throat with a sharp piece of glass, but was stopped by police.

Doctors at Chulalongkorn Hospital said the suspect had lost his right leg and sustained injuries to an eye and abdomen. They have also had to amputate his left leg. "He has serious wounds but he should survive," deputy director Dr Ratthaphlee Phak-at said.

Police later said they arrested Mohammad Hazaei, 42, one of the Iranian men, at Suvarnabhumi Airport as he was about to board a flight to Kuala Lumpur. He is under interrogation. The third man remains at large.

A search at the rented house turned up an unspecified amount of C-4 explosive and some home-made bombs, Bangkok police chief Pol Lt-General Winai Thongsong said.

TERRORISTS....period.

http://www.thaivisa....15#entry5056215

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Do a google on Thailand Explosions and you will see a good assortment of credible international news reports of these explosions in Bangkok, Thailand. report consensus is clearly that the "bombers" were Iranian, and had lived in Bangkok and also that they used hand grenades. Israeli intelligence indicates that they were targeting high profile targets in Bangkok such as the Israeli embassy and a synangogue as well as other targets where there would be a high concentration of Americans and Israelis as well as other foreigners.

Google searchs, especially right after an even occures, can be somewhat misleading. A lot of media outlets and websites quote the same story (usually by local media or news agencies), causing it to get more "credible" as it is being repeated.

• Like 1

Oh I see. So Iran actually does want a war. It all makes sense now. All Iran has to do is carry out a few more attacks and they will get their dream of being invaded. Its so logical I can't understand why I didn't see it before.

Afterall the invasions of Afganistan and Iraq worked out pretty well for those countries didn't they? Maybe Iran want to get in on some of that invasion action for itself.

• Like 2

Foreign Ministry Spokesman Thani Thongphakdee said it could not be concluded for the time being that the explosions were acts of terrorism.

People who manufacture bombs with intent to hurt or kill people are normally considered as bieng what in the foreign ministers eyes.

ter·ror·ist

noun

1.a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.

a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

• Like 1

And this from the AFP report in the same thread:

Police said they had found no direct link between Tuesday's bombings and the earlier threat, but had received a separate warning from intelligence sources about a potential new attack.

"There was some warning of a possible attack and police were monitoring, but we did not know where it would happen," national police chief Phrewphan Damapong told reporters

Malaysi bans Israeli nationals

I think you have got this backwards. Israelis can visit Malaysia but need to apply for a special visa. However, I believe Malaysians are banned from traveling to Israel. (the ban I believe is from their own government)

Edited by Nisa

Looking at the video 2 things are plainly evident.

1. The terrorist has been defeeted.

2. Levis are virtually indestructable.

Love the "defeeted" quote.

No doubt the Levis were original and not copies from some other country clap2.gif

Egads, the perp was wearing the product of Levi Strauss? Did he know that Mr. Straus was a Bavarian jew that left his company to his nephews and his fortune to charity which included the Hebrew Orphanage? Must have been copies.... LOL

you guys are nuts if you think a solo "terrorist" with a couple pipe bombs is the intel the US was warning about. teens make pipe bombs in the US and bring them to school. if anything this was a CIA setup to advance the war on terror. amazing how many fools still believe the hype of the war machine. even expats. sad.

cheesy.gif

Set-up? How? All the evidence points otherwise. There really are people out there who have such blind mistrust and hate of the West that they always look for a conspiracy out of every situation.

Whenever there are momentous events in history, things that caused great shock, consternation, and emotional outpouring; you get a conspiracy theory. But here's the thing, the conspiracy theories are applied after the fact. They're easily applied because even the merest shred of evidence, which bears no relevance to the incident whatsoever, can be attributed to an overarching conspiracy.

No-one is denying the West and their media have their own agenda (but let's not pretend that other media elsewhere is more honest, because it isn't); but this has NOTHING to do with a setup/conspiracy at all; it was a planned attack; otherwise why make bombs? Oh, let me guess it was the CIA with Arab masks or Elvis and CIA plannign another fake moon landing!!!

Malaysi bans Israeli nationals

I think you have got this backwards. Israelis can visit Malaysia but need to apply for a special visa. On the other side, I believe Malaysians are banned from traveling to Israel.

You know what is always right about you? You are always wrong or make statements that are never clear.

1. The Malaysian passport bears the following inscription: "This passport is valid for all countries except Israel". A Malaysian passport holder that has an Israeli stamp is subject to refused entry or arrest. . It is not Israel that has the travel, but it is Malaysia.

2. Malaysia does not give special visas to Israelis. In order to enter Malaysia, an Osraeli would have to file a special request with the Ministry of Internal Security. I'm sure that is way up on the list of things to do for an israeli backpacker.

Do a google on Thailand Explosions and you will see a good assortment of credible international news reports of these explosions in Bangkok, Thailand. report consensus is clearly that the "bombers" were Iranian, and had lived in Bangkok and also that they used hand grenades. Israeli intelligence indicates that they were targeting high profile targets in Bangkok such as the Israeli embassy and a synangogue as well as other targets where there would be a high concentration of Americans and Israelis as well as other foreigners.

Are you suggesting that the news is reporting that Israel knew about these terrorist suspects before this incident and knew their targets? One thing you can almost be assured of is that any statements from Israel at this point are not credible and simply political. They may turn out to be true but they may very well turn out to be untrue .. especially any ties these morons had to the Iran government.

According to this, the Thai authorities did get some warning, though not a very specific one:

A police official said that Thai authorities had intelligence indicating that an Iranian national may try to carry out a terror attack in Bangkok.

"We were advised of the possibility of an attack but we did not know where it might occur," said Phrewphan Damapong.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4189434,00.html

Foreign Ministry Spokesman Thani Thongphakdee said it could not be concluded for the time being that the explosions were acts of terrorism.

People who manufacture bombs with intent to hurt or kill people are normally considered as bieng what in the foreign ministers eyes.

ter·ror·ist

noun

1.a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.

a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

The FM is wrong. Do we need to dwell on this embarrassing fact? Aside from his statement being offensive, maybe this minister will resign and go live in Pattani, as we know there is no terrorism in Thailand.

Oh I see. So Iran actually does want a war. It all makes sense now. All Iran has to do is carry out a few more attacks and they will get their dream of being invaded. Its so logical I can't understand why I didn't see it before.

Afterall the invasions of Afganistan and Iraq worked out pretty well for those countries didn't they? Maybe Iran want to get in on some of that invasion action for itself.

if iran has some old shoddy infrastructure they want replaced, why not have the US blow them up, and then spend $billions to rebuild them with new bridges, roads, airports, etc. it makes perfect economic sense....

yes, Iran would like a war. Anything to be able to redirect attention away from a failing regime and a chance to hit out at the west before the unemployed youth of Iran rise up and ssay give us freedom, not war, keep the money in Iran and stop funding depsots and terrorists in Africa, Syria and Lebanon. Before the wackos of Iran's failed state go off to paradise, they will attempt to launch an attack on Israel and fire a missile off at some USN and UK naval vessels in the strait of Hormuz. The Iranian regime is focused on achieving the glories of martyrdom. Unfortunately, most Iranians under the age of 30 would rather just be left alone.

Edited by geriatrickid