Blasts Rattle Bangkok As Israel Accuses Iran

webfact

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unbelievable how everybody is drinking the cool-aid, and asking for seconds! Is everybody here really that stupid and ignorant to still buy into all the war propaganda spilled by the US and Israel?

No one here seems to stop and think how unlikely and totally unrealistic it is for Iran to be carrying so called "terrorist" attacks at this particular time? They have half the US naval fleet hanging around in their backyard praying the gods for a reason to drop their bombs on yet another country, and Iran would start carrying out amateur-style bombings around the globe? Exactly at a time the warlords have a very hard time getting international support for attacking Iran? Isn't it obvious that the US and Israel have been provoking Iran into war for years now? Both of whom are on record (on record for crying out loud) carrying out false flag attacks to gain support for their war-games?

Wasn't it only several hours after this "terror" attack, that Barak made statements about how the Thai police confirmed the fact that an Iranian national supported by the Iranian government carried out this terrorist attack, and how the Iranian regime is the devil, blah blah blah. Since when has the Thai police been able to come up with anything valuable before? If there is one police force on this globe not capable of coming up with such findings in such a timeframe, it would be the Thai police.

And we're not even getting into the fact that Thailand is run, by proxy, by a Council on Foreign Relations puppet who have received millions of $ from the National Endowment for Democracy (the same Washington organization working on funding "revolutions" around the globe to overthrow governments) and how is now deeply in Washington's pocket.

Stop buying into all the crap people and start looking at the big picture here....

OK, it's all hype and propaganda. Now please explain to me what YOU think 3 recently arrived Iranians were doing making bombs in BKK, where they sourced the materials in short order, and why one has suddenly decided to blow up his house and start throwing bombs/grenades. I admit it's a nice change from smuggling drugs, but not the action of your normal tourist, Iranian or otherwise.

Perhaps you should STOP looking at the big picture and see this tree in the woods.

Barak may well have made an unsubstantiated statement, but so far it is the most logical explanation. I await yours with anticipation of a good laugh.

,To all right thinking people you will receive no logical explanation, not one that makes any sense that is, the simple truth is that those who's politics are "of the left" hate America and Israel to a high degree and seek to blame them for anything which will remotely call their respective Country's into question ,which so much like yourselves I find laughable. Edited by Colin Yai
  • Like 2

Sukumpol rules out three explosions as terror attacks

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Defence Minister Sukumpol Suwanatat on Wednesday tried to allay anxiety over the Tuesday's triple explosions in Bangkok, saying the blasts should not be construed as terror attacks.

"In my personal view, the bad men were trying to assemble bombs which led to the explosions," he said.

Sukumpol said police had already taken custody of two Iranian bomber suspects. Another suspect remains at large after fleeing a rented house on Soi Predi Banomyong 31 off Sukhumvit 71.

The National Security Council has convened a meeting on the explosions before holding a press conference later today.

US and Israeli authorities have voiced suspicion about the involvement of Iran and Hezbollah to target against Israeli nationals.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-15

He said "in my personal view the bad men were trying to assemble bombs." But they aren't terrorists :huh:, and one plus one equals three, me thunks

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Defence Minister Sukumpol Suwanatat on Wednesday tried to allay anxiety over the Tuesday's triple explosions in Bangkok, saying the blasts should not be construed as terror attacks.

"In my personal view, the bad men were trying to assemble bombs which led to the explosions," he said.

Sukumpol said police had already taken custody of two Iranian bomber suspects. Another suspect remains at large after fleeing a rented house on Soi Predi Banomyong 31 off Sukhumvit 71.

The National Security Council has convened a meeting on the explosions before holding a press conference later today.

US and Israeli authorities have voiced suspicion about the involvement of Iran and Hezbollah to target against Israeli nationals.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-15

He said "in my personal view the bad men were trying to assemble bombs." But they aren't terrorists huh.png, and one plus one equals three, me thunks

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

A veritable Albert Einstein.

Edited by z12
  • Like 1

All I can say it...it's going to be very interesting to see if the Thai government can stick to some of its initial claims that these guys perhaps weren't terrorists....

Of course, they went thru the same dance last month with the Lebanese guy, who at first had done nothing wrong, and then was just going to be deported, and then finally is charged with various crimes and called a suspected Hezbollah member.

In this latest case, regardless of whether these guys were working at the behest of the Iranian government or any number of non-government terrorist groups, how exactly does Thailand argue that guys with radio detonators and C4 based bombs aren't terrorists???

How many more days before the legless terrorist escapes Thailand?

It's according how much money he can come up with. Directly related.

Since the Thai gov't has decided they are not terrorists,

I am sure they will now say they broke NO Thai laws.

I am guessing had they been caucasian farangs, they would sentence them to death though.

Edited by z12

Flood prone city with bomb hazard and scammy/corrupt useless officials. This is the city of angels? No, this city is a tourist magnet. For tourists who have money to throw around but are not interested in seeing the country. They have other intentions in mind. Just face it. There's nothing spectacular in Thailand anymore. Dirty beaches covered with umbrellas, scammy vendors, corrupt immigration officers and policemen, westernized Thai cuisine, dangerous roads and drivers, political unrests. I'm smart. I migrated to Australia already.

• Like 1

Iranian suspect held as blasts rattle Bangkok

by Anusak Konglang

BANGKOK, February 14, 2012 (AFP) - A suspected Iranian bomber had his legs blown off as he hurled a grenade at Thai police Tuesday, officials said, with Israel accusing Tehran of being behind the third attack in world capitals this week.

The explosion in central Bangkok came a day after bombers targeted Israeli embassy staff in the capitals of India and Georgia, with a female diplomat critically wounded in New Delhi, in attacks Israel said were plotted by Iran.

Thai bomb squad experts were called out to the Sukhumvit Road area in the east of the city after a blast at a house, following which three men were seen fleeing, authorities said.

One of the men hurled an explosive device at a taxi, which refused to stop, and then tried to throw another at police, triggering a blast at the side of a busy road which tore off his legs, they said.

Police said they found Iranian identification on the injured man, who was admitted to a Bangkok hospital for emergency treatment.

"So it's likely that he's an Iranian national," Major General Pisit Pisuthisak, deputy commander of Bangkok Metropolitan Police, told AFP.

A high pressure water cannon was used to defuse another device found inside the same house, police said.

Authorities detained an Iranian man at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport for questioning but it was not immediately clear if he was one of the other suspects, whose motives were unknown.

Bangkok has been on the watch for a terror attack since police last month charged a Lebanese man suspected of planning a strike following a US warning that tourist areas maybe targeted.

Thai authorities alleged the Lebanese man had links to Hezbollah, an Iranian- and Syrian-backed Muslim Shiite group that is blacklisted as a terrorist organisation by Washington.

Israel was quick to accuse Iran of involvement in the blasts in Bangkok Tuesday.

"The attempted attack in Bangkok proves once again that Iran and its proxies are continuing to act in the ways of terror and the latest attacks are an example of that," Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said.

The country assailed Iran as the world's "biggest exporter of terror" after Monday's attacks in India and Georgia, amid rising tensions in the region.

The blast in New Delhi blew up a car, critically wounding the Israeli diplomat and her Indian driver.

In Tbilisi, an Israeli embassy employee found a bomb on his car and contacted police who were able to defuse the device before it detonated, according to Georgia's interior ministry.

Thai police said they had found no direct link between Tuesday's bombings and the earlier threat but had received a separate warning from intelligence sources about a potential new attack.

"There was some warning of a possible attack and police were monitoring, but we did not know where it would happen," national police chief Phrewphan Damapong told reporters.

The United States condemned the Bangkok blasts and voiced concern about a worldwide "uptick" in such violence, including some with alleged links to Iran.

"We're concerned about it. Some of these (attacks) have been linked to Iran," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton condemned Monday's attacks in India and Georgia in the "strongest possible terms", although the White House reserved judgment on who was responsible.

Iranian foreign ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast has rejected the accusations that Tehran was responsible. "Iran condemns all acts of terrorism," he was quoted as saying by Al-Alam television.

Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra urged people not to "jump to conclusions" and urged people not to panic.

The safety scares are another blow to the kingdom's tourist-friendly image, which was badly dented last year by devastating flooding across much of the country, as well as rounds of rival political protests in recent years.

Security has been stepped up around possible targets in Bangkok, including the Israeli embassy and the Khao San Road backpacker district.

Britain on Tuesday warned its citizens in the country to be on guard following the latest incident.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-02-15

It is ok for Israel to use a terror group to kill Iranian scientist, but no ok for some other Iranian group to retaliate against Israel

I would like to understand how you see these recent explosions as retaliation against Israel.

The news report above from the Jerusalem Post talking about Thai defense officials saying the targets of the bombers were Israeli interests in BKK is pretty thinly sourced...

A one pgh reference...and no backup or elaboration.... Not much of substance there. It's probably true, nonetheless, whether Thai defense officials really said so or not.

Thai defense officials said the Iranian citizens responsible for explosions in Thailand on Tuesday intended to attack Israeli targets, Army Radio reported.

Less than 24hrs after, 2 captured (OK.. 1-1/2) and by now Israelis and Americans, with locals, have tortured the pair to insanity - guaranteed. Whatever useful info there is to be known - is known.

Get used to ZERO TOURISTS Thailand, you can kiss your tourists good bye.

I hope the tea money was worth it.

Just replace Egypt with Thailand in these headlines.

Egypt longs for tourists to return 14 February 2012

http://bikyamasr.com...ists-to-return/

Egypt feels the slump as tourists stay away 3 February 2012

http://news.bbc.co.u...ack/9691971.stm

Edited by z12

Get used to ZERO TOURISTS Thailand, you can kiss your tourists good bye.

I hope the tea money was worth it.

Just replace Egypt with Thailand in these headlines.

Egypt longs for tourists to return 14 February 2012

http://bikyamasr.com...ists-to-return/

Egypt feels the slump as tourists stay away 3 February 2012

http://news.bbc.co.u...ack/9691971.stm

You might have something here. No matter what the Thai spin doctors come up with the rest of the civilized world knows that when C4 and radio detonators are found in a house it is not just your usual run of the mill bad guys like these buffoons are saying. They are terrorists plain and simple.

And the answer came in a loud voice..... "LET NOTHING AFFECT THE TOURIST DOLLAR!!!!!'

Thitima denied the incidents were acts of terrorism, saying: "This is not sabotage or related to the travel advisories issued [after last month's terrorism scare] by many countries. Police now know where the [suspect is].

"Intelligence analysis said [the suspects] were arguing with one another, and the incidents are being treated as normal crimes."

The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-15

He's correct. These weren't terror attacks.

BUT <deleted> were they planning to do with the bombs they were assembling? Where were the terror attacks GOING to be?

• Like 1

I think the Iranian regime is in deep trouble if the men caught in Thailand say that they were acting under the orders of the Iranian regime. The following days will be very interesting.

Jem

Indeed they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

In one report he already tried to cut his own throat with glass.......... possibly not going to cooperate with questioning by the RTP.

And the answer came in a loud voice..... "LET NOTHING AFFECT THE TOURIST DOLLAR!!!!!'

Thitima denied the incidents were acts of terrorism, saying: "This is not sabotage or related to the travel advisories issued [after last month's terrorism scare] by many countries. Police now know where the [suspect is].

"Intelligence analysis said [the suspects] were arguing with one another, and the incidents are being treated as normal crimes."

I wonder if the "intelligence analysis" is Mr. Happy Toilet? This sounds like something he would say. Especially with his experience in normal crimes.

I shall have to remember that next time I have an argument with the wife. Throwing a grenade at her will be treated as a normal crime. What the eff I am doing with a grenade in the first place is of no concern?

Attempted murder of Thai nationals in Thailand seems a particularly inept and cowardly method of attacking Israel. Won't win many supporters here with that method.

It is ok for Israel to use a terror group to kill Iranian scientist, but no ok for some other Iranian group to retaliate against Israel

A scientist making illegal nuclear weapons as contrasted with terrorists slaughtering innocent civilians to make a political point. annoyed.gif

Maybe they forgot to check the calender - the Israeli Defense minister was in Singapore on Tuesday - he was in Bangkok on Sunday.

Or more likely not..... with the magnets and radio detonators - same as Dehli - they were going after Israeli embassy cars when they were ready.

OT, but the accidental explosion in the house they were renting makes me think of the most common last words of a redneck "Hey Bubba! Hold ma beer and watch this!"

Edited by airconsult

I think the Iranian regime is in deep trouble if the men caught in Thailand say that they were acting under the orders of the Iranian regime. The following days will be very interesting.

Jem

Indeed they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

In one report he already tried to cut his own throat with glass.......... possibly not going to cooperate with questioning by the RTP.

According to the news on TV this morning, he was pleading for help but no-one was prepared to risk being blown up. He stillhad his bag with him. Apparently the pain was so bad he decided to end it by cutting his own throat with some broken glass.

are they for real?

Actually, it does make sense. These gentlemen might be terrorists, and they might have been working on a terror plot. However, the explosion in the house and the subsequent grenade attacks don't really fit the definition of terror. The first was an accident, the other appeared to the actions of a man acting with no premeditation, not with the motivation to cause terror, but to escape the police.

"Terrorism" applies to specific kinds of attacks, and it seems these fellows would have gotten around to those kind of attacks eventually, but the explosions today don't fit the criteria.

• Like 2

When you think logically it is impossible that Iranians are involved. First of all Iran never attacked an other country, besides what interest would there be to make a terrorist attack in Bangkok. And the next question is, who can prove it were Iranians, some people may remember the Mossad assassination in Dubai, where they used falsified passports. Then there is the fact, that in the beginning of this year, Thailand acknowledged the state of Palestine, for which the Zionist jews in Israël will sure be very angry. Other countries doing the same, were victims of terrorist attacks as well, viz. Russia and Norway. So in my opinion the attack in Bangkok is part of a plot to harm Iran again.

Ah, The old Jews did 9/11 argument, trotted out ad nauseum by bigots who persist in spinning slander and lies regardless of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. jerk.gif

• Like 2