3000 Baht Budget

Sorry to raise this topic as it might seriously derail the thread.

However I would like to wager this is not a job which comes with a work permit (invogue, no need to answer). You need to factor in the cost of visa runs and tourist visa extensions. This is quite a lot.

Have you considered the future? Like saving for your old age? It may be very crowded under the bridges by the time you in are need of retiring.

No I’m in my early 20s so I’m still in the ‘gain life experience stage’ rather than the ‘saving for retirement’ period.

However I would like to wager this is not a job which comes with a work permit (invogue, no need to answer). You need to factor in the cost of visa runs and tourist visa extensions. This is quite a lot.

Dear Nomark, it does come with a work visa; it is a H1B3 Visa I believe.

Dear Nomark, it does come with a work visa; it is a H1B3 Visa I believe.

This is a US visa. No such visa in Thailand. You need a work permit if you want to be legal.

But the good news, your chances of getting caught working illegally are not very high.

If you don't believe me, see what the visa in your passport says.

p.s. Work permits are not visas. Work permits come from the Labour Dept not consulates or embassies.

No need to worry about such niceties like being legal. 99% of the Ukrainian and Brazilian models in Bangkok don't have work permits and they don't worry about it. Nobody ever gets busted. But you will have to do a border run every 90 days and that will cost you money.

I'll get my coat.

we can conclude that 3000 baht/week is a lot of money to buy food and drinks for.

You can conclude that all you want....

THB 3000/week in BKK is pittance to live on.....This is mama noodle/water every day terriority, certainly in the case of the OP as it appears she is a model type...so what about the make up, skin creams, tooth paste, replacement clothes, shoes and all the other junk women just need to buy to live...what about phone bills, internet etc etc

coffee1.gif Yes it's possible....but it won't be easy.

Hope you like meals of rice and....beef, pork, shrimp...and so on, because you will be eating a lot of them.

3000 baht a week, so less than 500 Baht a day in Bangkok...it will be difficult....but possible.

There are probably things you haven't even considered yet too.

Like "accomadation provided"....but at what standard?

Does that include, for example, things like soap, shampoo, etc. for the shower? Bet you never even thought about them. And how about toliet paper?

But I guess you'll figure all that out...it will just be difficult

So, you have a lot to learn about really living in Bangkok, not just being another tourist.

But you'll either learn and adapt...or you won't.

Good luck and it will be an experience either way.

licklips.gif

Soap is 40 baht and toilet paper is 60 baht for 6 rolls. So what is your point?

Its no problem to live on 4-500 baht a day . Most people in Bangkok do that or live on less, like english teachers. Some teachers have a salary around 20000 baht and still its no problem to live on that.

I will bet if you talked to them it is a problem....To this day cant understand why people travel thousands of miles to live like a pauper in a foreign country (not including gap year/backpackers in this)

Hope you like meals of rice and....beef, pork, shrimp...and so on, because you will be eating a lot of them.

3000 baht a week, so less than 500 Baht a day in Bangkok...it will be difficult....but possible.

Does that include, for example, things like soap, shampoo, etc. for the shower? Bet you never even thought about them. And how about toliet paper?

So, you have a lot to learn about really living in Bangkok, not just being another tourist.

licklips.gif

Its no problem to live on 4-500 baht a day . Most people in Bangkok do that or live on less, like english teachers. Some teachers have a salary around 20000 baht and still its no problem to live on that.

I will bet if you talked to them it is a problem....To this day cant understand why people travel thousands of miles to live like a pauper in a foreign country (not including gap year/backpackers in this)

I dont know about you Souty, the ones I talk to tell me they "are living the dream", more like living in a dream to me.

From what I have observed the farangs living here full time fall into 4 categories,

1. Those who got their shit together before coming here.

2. Those who didnt.

3. Those working for large MNCs or have their own successful business.

4. Those who are so desperate to be here they will take a paper boys salary just to allow them to live the dream. Usually employed as dive instructors, bar managers or ELTs.

You are wasting your time talking to those in categories 2 and 4 when you mention such things as retirement plan, pension fund, portfolios, property ownership etc etc.

• Like 1

licklips.gif

I dont know about you Souty, the ones I talk to tell me they "are living the dream", more like living in a dream to me.

Never a truer word spoken

but still dont understand the Catagory 4 type, why so desperate to live in Thailand ?....its ok, but I have lived/worked in better places over the years