Bangkok Bombers 'Targeted Israeli Diplomats'

webfact

There are no Israeli Diplomats living in that area, mostly Thai Buddhists / Thai Muslim, Pakistani, Indian, African and westerners. Everyone knows each other and there are no Israeli’s in that area.

Yes, so? How many times does this have to be repeated? Have you followed the news or did you walk in late? They didn't make it to their target. Their target was definitely not one of their owns' legs. They messed up. Most of us here (but clearly not all) are happy about that.

Next ...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What does Israel expect when Iran's nuclear scientists are mysteriously blown up?

Another TV poster making statements without having any proof Israel had anything to do with the Iran Scientist assinations.

The proof is about as robust as the case currently being made against Iran for the inept attempt in Bangkok. I seem to recall that 16 of the 19 bombers on 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia, yet nobody laid blame against the Saudis! Most funny!

thumbsup.gifwhistling.gifrolleyes.gif

Didn't dare to bring this up myself for fear of being publicly lynched here on TV. Rational argumentation has become a rare good since yesterday. Still no lessons learnt after 9/11 and the Iraq war.

Edited by longtom
  • Like 1

A question.....

If this is indeed payback for multiple assassinations of civilian scientists in Iran, is it not logical and fair?

There has been no escalation, merely a tit for a tat.

The attacks on Israeli diplomats have used the exact same technique as used in Iran. They have been less successful so far.

Lack of practice?

Why get third party countries like Thailand, Georgia, and India involved? Especially India as India is a huge buyer of Iranian oil.

Because security is relatively lax comparatively speaking to other countries.

BOMBER SUSPECT

Third Iranian bomb suspect already in Malaysia: police

The Nation

30175932-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police on Wednesday identified the third Iranian bomb suspect and said he has already fled to Malaysia.

Deputy police chief Pol Gen Pansiri Prapawat said Masoud Sedaghatzadeh, who is suspected of involvement in Tuesday's series of bomb explosions in Klongtan district, left Bangkok for Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday afternoon.

Police are hunting for Sedaghatzadeh, 27, after three bomb attacks hit Klongtan district, causing panic in the capital and leaving five bystanders injured.

The two others Iranians allegedly involved in the blasts are in police custody. One of them, Saeid Moradi, was badly injured after an explosive he intended to throw at police accidentally fell to the ground, while Mohammad Hazaei was later arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport as he reportedly tried to escape to Malaysia.

The three rented a house in Soi Pridi Panomyong in the district about a month ago. Police are looking for an Iranian woman who rented the house.

A police search of the house uncovered a number of electronic devices that could be used to make explosives.

It is currently believed that the three tried to flee from the rented house after the first bomb exploded inside. Sedaghatzadeh and Hazaei managed to flee but Moradi could not after a taxi refused to pick him up. He threw an explosive at the taxi and later at police.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-15

So why are so many people on this forum referring to GRENADES,,,??? Eeessshhh... Haven't read anything in any of the medias referring to GRENADES ....

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording. Large and bold font removed.

Terrorism sure brings out the pro terrorist poster eh?

Care to elaborate on that line? I assume in your little comment you do not include people who simply are suspicious of various Governments that have proved in the past by prior precedence that they have used false flag operations and attacks conducted by secret services to create a false impression that would ease a Governments effort in terms of conducting military operations to achieve a political or commercial advantage over others, regardless of the cost of life.

Despite all of the countless (generally dull and off topic) pages on TV full of this subject in the last 36 hours I have not seen one pro terrorist post, not one! I have seen questioning posts though that clearly have not been written by people who are drinking water with flouride in it. I find it difficult to fathom how so many people can idly accept the words of proven liars. I am even more astounded that some piece of junk journalism claims an attack against Israeli diplomats, from information by a 'Senior Intelligence Official' in Thailand providing anonymity was kept!! <deleted>!! That little article has gone Global and is being quoted in the worlds top media. Is this responsible journalism? Who was the journo who wrote that article? Jail him and get the name of the 'senior official' who is releasing confidential information.

Seems these guys were as competent as the 'shoe bomber' and the 'underpant bomber'. Iran has a very proficient and professional military and as it is always toted as being a regime that trains terrorists, then if these chaps are an example of their finest then if I were leader of a terrorist organization, I would be sending my terrorists elsewhere to be trained that's for sure. This is all too convenient. I am still staggered by those on this forum that see a guy lobbing a few grenades around as an excuse to go to a massive war, I doubt you would be so quick on the draw if your kids were going to be sent to do the fighting.

Attacking India, Georgia and Thailand is nice. Three countries up at the very top of the corruption index, whose officials and heads of media will say anything for a deposit in a private bank account. I expect Mr no legs and his companion will be out of country soon having been extradited for some other terrorist charge. That way, no tricky answers to tricky questions. Lets catch the terrorists, I am all for it, but we may need to dig a little deeper to find out who they are.

Jingthing said

Why get third party countries like Thailand, Georgia, and India involved? Especially India as India is a huge buyer of Iranian oil.

EXACTLY!!!! India have just done a deal to buy up spare oil that Europe is not going to take from the start of the sanctions. So you would then send terrorists to that same country to stir up the crap with a major trade ally??? Make sense??...NO!

I have explained in another post the rationale for it from Iran. To warn Israel that an attack on their nuclear program will result in an international response against Israeli (and potentially American) targets.

Jingthing

That is utter nonesense. Do you think for one nano second that India would get face to face with the US or Israel for that matter. Send the idea back by return post to cloud cuckoo land. I guess Thailand and Georgia will be taking up arms against the USA as well will they? As a Pilot we would say that you are trying to make ground fit map! i.e you are desperately trying to make what you see, fit what you want to see.

The truth is, I really don't know what the hell is going on so I am staying nap and trying to avoid the wild speculation and war mongering that has infested several threads already. Be careful what we read. What the hell is a newspaper doing making sensational claims about assassination plots, claiming they have been told by a top intelligence official under condition of anonymity? The first thing the Thai government should now do is arrest the editor and use the full force of the law to get the name of the 'top intelligence official', because that individual does not deserve to be in intelligence in support of this country and he should be banged up for the next 25 years.

As much as you all wish for a war, this really is not as simple as it appears.

And take into consideration the official motto of Mossad............."By Way of Deception, Thou shalt do War".

No matter how noble your cause to see a peaceful and lasting Israel, would you wish to see it at the expense of millions of lives that were caused by a pack of lies? 'Not in my name' springs to mind.

i genuinely thought you were joking about the motto! .. like as in you were showing your own view of them in a satirical fashion.

that's crazy.

Dare I ask, why are you guys pro terrorists?

In truth, there are indeed many posters here who share Iran's dream of a world without Israel. That is a fact. I haven't met any supporters of Israel who want the NATION of Iran to not exist anymore, but many (including me) who would love to see their regime fall. Edited by Jingthing

And dare i ask you once again if you can be lucid enough to explain the remark you are making. See my slightly earlier post for a little guidance. I am not pro terrorist, I spent my career chasing the bad guys! Now you see if you can make an intelligent stab at the differences.

In truth, there are indeed many posters here who share Iran's dream of a world without Israel. That is a fact. I haven't met any supporters of Israel who want the NATION of Iran to not exist anymore, but many (including me) who would love to see their regime fall.

I don't think you are correct Jingthing. There are many posters here who disagree strongly with Israeli foreign policy, where are the 'many posters' who share Iran's dream of a world without Israel? That is a truly offensive and unjustified remark.

We would all like to see the nutjobs off the stage in Iran, but that does not mean we should be willing to destroy millions of lives in a bid to do it until EVERY diplomatic solution possible has been tried. The problem is time is running out because Iran is ditching the dollar as its Oil currency (Thats what Iraq and Libya were in the process of doing by the way). So dig your bunkers, it could get very ugly, and by the time you see the end result you won't be so proud or feel so humane then, and you will wish we would have tried every other alternative.

I don't think you are correct Jingthing. There are many posters here who disagree strongly with Israeli foreign policy, where are the 'many posters' who share Iran's dream of a world without Israel? That is a truly offensive and unjustified remark.

We would all like to see the nutjobs off the stage in Iran, but that does not mean we should be willing to destroy millions of lives in a bid to do it until EVERY diplomatic solution possible has been tried. The problem is time is running out because Iran is ditching the dollar as its Oil currency (Thats what Iraq and Libya were in the process of doing by the way). So dig your bunkers, it could get very ugly, and by the time you see the end result you won't be so proud or feel so humane then, and you will wish we would have tried every other alternative.

Would you also be for ejecting people from their Holy land in Saudi Arabia?

And why would you ask me that? I am not in favour of ejecting people from Israel either, have you ever seen me write that? I will save you the time from trawling through all my posts, the answer is .....no!. You seem awfully confused here. Did you actually read my posts, especially the one you have just quoted? If so how on earth can you come to the conclusion in your post? Bizzare!

And why would you ask me that? I am not in favour of ejecting people from Israel either, have you ever seen me write that? I will save you the time from trawling through all my posts, the answer is .....no!. You seem awfully confused here. Did you actually read my posts, especially the one you have just quoted? If so how on earth can you come to the conclusion in your post? Bizzare!

Bangkok Bombers 'Targeted Israeli Diplomats'

Gentlemen here we go again we are getting all personal, just because somebody is paranoid, we are all cannon fodder, for some extremist idiot somewhere, be it jew,christian, asian,black, gay or what ever

Edited by Rusty2009

When you side with those that want to deny any Jew the right to their Holy land, then surely you would side with those that would want to deny the otherside their Holy land as well, Seems logical, that if they want the JEWS Holy land, then give the Jews their Holy land, a fair swap, deal no deal, if they don't want the dealm then let the Jews have their Holy land and leave them alone. They already have 57 totalitarian apartheid countries and are trying to make more, including the southern provinces in Thailand, they seem either a bit greedy, or on a totalitarian quest for world domination like all totalitarian regimes before them. They all fail of couse. The world does not want to live under totalitarianism. Equal rights for all, period.

Where have I sided "with those that want to deny any Jew the right to their Holy land,"?

Well US sources quoted in the Newsweek report added that Israel had refused to share with the US a ''significant'' amount of intelligence regarding its military preparations. Israeli officials refused to respond to the article. No surprise there really what better way to single yourself out then blame Iran just saying that’s all … I find it quite strange to be honest plus Thai’s are now asking for Israeli intelligence on these people what better way to come out with some bs

Well US sources quoted in the Newsweek report added that Israel had refused to share with the US a ''significant'' amount of intelligence regarding its military preparations. Israeli officials refused to respond to the article. No surprise there really what better way to single yourself out then blame Iran just saying that’s all … I find it quite strange to be honest plus Thai’s are now asking for Israeli intelligence on these people what better way to come out with some bs

Of course USA ALSO 'refuses to share with the 'others' a ''significant'' amount of intelligence regarding its military preparations.'

As with most any country out there. No surprise there.

We of course don't know whether or what thai inteligence is asking for info from Israel,

but we do know the politicians say they know all with out asking.

So do we believe the pontifications of the 'politician fools facade',

or asume behind the scenes some in the security aparatus actually can think...

But not speak of it publicly.

Edited by animatic

Jingthing said

EXACTLY!!!! India have just done a deal to buy up spare oil that Europe is not going to take from the start of the sanctions. So you would then send terrorists to that same country to stir up the crap with a major trade ally??? Make sense??...NO!

The point you're getting at assumes these guys were working at the behest of the Iranian government. We know they are/were Iranian...but we have no idea what group they were part of or who they were working for.

It could certainly be some other related faction with interests that diverge from those of the Iranian government per se...but share common methods in terrorism. Or it could simply be some irrational element of the Iranian government/military/security forces deciding to go after Israel and other considerations ignored.

You're assuming they're making rational based decisions. There's no particular reason to assume that's the case, especially in that country.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Well after looking into this more I found out the name of the Iranian woman who left Thailand on 5th Feb her was name is Rohani Leila... So I ended up putting her name in Google and came across her on Twitter

Funny that...Seems she's doing pretty good in the USA:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/leilarohani

Either more than one person can have the same name OR it's a Zionist plot by Mossad to make you doubt your invistigative abilities.

Jingthing said

The point you're getting at assumes these guys were working at the behest of the Iranian government. We know they are/were Iranian...but we have no idea what group they were part of or who they were working for.

It could certainly be some other related faction with interests that diverge from those of the Iranian government per se...but share common methods in terrorism. Or it could simply be some irrational element of the Iranian government/military/security forces deciding to go after Israel and other considerations ignored.

You're assuming they're making rational based decisions. There's no particular reason to assume that's the case, especially in that country.

Tall Guy

I agree absolutely. The thing that just does not seem to have been discussed is as you say. OK the guys are Iranian, so what. There are many organizations they could belong to. I would take a fancy on the MEK, an Iranian organization that has received funding from the US and Israel. In fact in the last year, funding from Israel has been substantial. This organization is on the US State Department terrorist list, yet it has many supporters in the corridors of power on Capitol Hill. The MEK would gladly see the demise of the Iranian regime, anything for more cash and power from the CIA and Israel. Could the Iranian guys be from MEK or proxies acting on their behalf? Highly possible.

The MEK would gladly see the demise of the Iranian regime, anything for more cash and power from the CIA and Israel. Could the Iranian guys be from MEK or proxies acting on their behalf? Highly possible.

You really think guys who've just attempted a bombing in BKK, assuming your half-baked idea that they're working at the best of the CIA and or Israel, are going to go fleeing back to Iran after things go balls up.... going back to the regime you say they've devoted to overthrowing???

The MEK would gladly see the demise of the Iranian regime, anything for more cash and power from the CIA and Israel. Could the Iranian guys be from MEK or proxies acting on their behalf? Highly possible.

You really think guys who've just attempted a bombing in BKK, assuming your half-baked idea that they're working at the best of the CIA and or Israel, are going to go fleeing back to Iran after things go balls up.... going back to the regime you say they've devoted to overthrowing???

Well do you think if they were working for the Government and had just ballsed it up they would go back to Iran?....

And the idea is not half baked thank you very much, and furthermore it's not just my idea, but that of many investigative journalist. Go do some reading.

Some posters whole purpose is to distort facts and try provide cover for Islamic terrorists and enemies of the USA. Don't expect logic from these types.

What a very silly person. So now because I disagree with you I am 'covering for islamic terrorists and enemies of the USA' I never realised there was an under 5's forum on Thai Visa, now hop along back there and take your offensive personal attack with you.

And the idea is not half baked thank you very much, and furthermore it's not just my idea, but that of many investigative journalist. Go do some reading.

Is that what they call those bloggers on the tinfoil hat websites? laugh.png

No. Did I say bloggers? I am sure I said Investigative Journalists. There again to the under 5's it could look like 'bloggers'.