Any Of You Ever Amend A Thai Tax Return?

joe84330

didn't see any particular sub forum where this would go so i'll just put it here and see where it goes.

curious if any of you have ever amended a thai tax return that you've either filed on your own behalf or that your accountant has filed for you.

reason i'm asking is because mine has just been prepared for me again and i'm finding that none of my kids are actually "mine" for tax purposes because "my" children (11,3,7mos)haven't gone to the amphur to make a public declaration that i am in fact their father.

now looking past the absurdity of it all, the net effect is me leaving many thousands of baht on the table that are rightfully mine, and i know that if i was in any western country i could have this cleared up rather quickly, amend the return and expect a significantly larger refund but of course, TIT.

anyone?

well i am their legal father for US purposes, just not thai but that's not really the issue i'm concerned with.

i'm curious whether or not anyone has gone through those steps to "legalize" (overlooking how completely absurd this is) themselves as father of their biological children and gone back one or more years to amend their tax returns and recover withholdings. it's a simple matter in the states to amend a return, many people do this every year.

i don't have any thai tax experience though apart from having someone file mine each year, hence the question.