60 Day Tourist Visa Refusal In Kuala Lumpur (Kl)

Just thought members would like to know....

Stopped by KL for the visa...on application, the staff said i had already "3 consecutive Thai Tourist Visas from KL". So they wouldn't even take my application. At least they didn't just take it, collect the fee & then refuse it.

I told them that I was flying out in less than 60 days & then they would entertain looking at my return flight back...but didn't get back to that as i had no time anymore to go hand it all in after waiting for several hours that day.

• 1 year later...

Didn't think where you were getting them from was even a factor. What abuse is this intended to prevent? If I regularly expect to use the nearest consulate (in my home country, nearest to my permanent residence) to obtain a tourist visa, is that going to be a problem when I get to the third or fourth visa request?

Edited by hawker9000

Never had an issue getting tourist (triple entry) visas in the UK though I do return to the UK each year for a couple of months which could help. What may also help is that I am effectively only getting 1 tourist visa per year

• 3 months later...

I had a similar experience in December 2012, when I applied for the second consecutive time in KL (went to Penang consecutive times for 2 month visas and did not get rejected). Basically, my very first 2 month tourist visa was issued in Kunming, China towards the end of December 2011. When the first one expired I got a 28 day extension, then went to Penang 2012 in March for another 2 month tourist, when that expired I went to Penang for another 2 month when that expire in late July 2012, I went to Malaysia via train and returned to Thailand via train at the end of July 2012 to get my belongings and island hop in Malaysia for 75 days. When I returned to Thailand, I did so with a 2 month tourist visa from KL in October 2012. When this visa expired December 2012, I decided to go to KL again since I enjoyed the city and as stated earlier had gone to Penang consecutive times without problems and figured Malaysia is Malaysia but NOPE! They were nice enough to reject me on the spot without taking my cash. Their reason was that I was given a visa at the end of December 2011 and that now (December 2012) was the same month but a year later.......but they didn't say it was because I got my previous 60 day tourist in KL which I thought was interesting.....so there you have my rejection story. I ended up flying back to get the 28 day air entry visa then taking a boat to the Malaysian island near Koh Lipe (forget the name) then 2 weeks later going to Khota Bharu to apply for another 60 day and getting stranded for 5 days because their consulate does the Sunday through Thursday work week and Thursday happened to be a holiday.....uck! Ok, a little too much information but this stuff happens and it pisses you off you leave Thailand and then you eventually end up coming back.