Thailand's Thaksin Prepares For War

webfact

though the credibility of that report, story, yarn...whatever, is pretty much non-existent imo

That would be "non-existing credibilty" with an "interesting part" ?

do you really, really, need it to be explained to you?

ok

"that's an interesting part... though the credibility of that report is pretty much non-existent"

comprende?

Sorry. It's just that I fail to find "non-credible" statements "interesting". Explains a few things though.

what few things does it explain? i bet you can't even explain what it explains...

you cannot find something in an article you are dubious about, interesting?

that's a paradox in your world is it...

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History repeats itself.

We have seen such thing happen again and again all over the world, and this won't be the last.

The up-raising of the common people.

The so called "common people" up-rise when they are in power ????

Actually this may be a start of something new more than history repeating itself.

• Like 1

History repeats itself.

We have seen such thing happen again and again all over the world, and this won't be the last.

To struggle for a more open and free democratic society.

Last happen in USSR, Romania, Yogoslavia, East Timore, Tibet, Egypt, Iraq, etc

We congratulate then if the up-raising is a success.

We condem then if the up-raising fails.

This has absolutely nothing to do with democracy, in fact, just the opposite. Remember, this is Thaksin, not some benevolent patriach.

what few things does it explain? i bet you can't even explain what it explains...

It explains to me some of the peprlexing views that you put forward.

BTW you have now upgraded the credibility from "pretty much non-existant" to dubious, which appears suspiciously like an attempt to weasel.

• Like 2

History repeats itself.

This has absolutely nothing to do with democracy, in fact, just the opposite. Remember, this is Thaksin, not some benevolent patriach.

Yep.

Isn't it funny, or rather sad, that almost always when states or groups refer to themselves as "democratic" or fighting dictatorship, that they are the exact opposite?

Case in point PAD. They had some very undemocratic ideas.

Case in point UDD/DAAD: Also have some very strange ideas about what is democracy.

It explains to me some of the peprlexing views that you put forward.

BTW you have now upgraded the credibility from "pretty much non-existant" to dubious, which appears suspiciously like an attempt to weasel.

show me one perplexing view then? just one. back up what you spew out!

no attempt to weasel or attempt at upgrading credibility.. i can find something interesting in an article that's completely untrue too.

you do know what interesting means i hope.

History repeats itself.

Yep.

Isn't it funny, or rather sad, that almost always when states or groups refer to themselves as "democratic" or fighting dictatorship, that they are the exact opposite?

Case in point PAD. They had some very undemocratic ideas.

Case in point UDD/DAAD: Also have some very strange ideas about what is democracy.

How about Democrat party???

I have no idea where the writers of this article got their intel from, but I sure hope it is all BS. Our business does not need another disruption like the red shirt protesets or new floods. We are in the entertainment business, we don't need more trouble dammit.

You own a bar?

I have no idea where the writers of this article got their intel from, but I sure hope it is all BS. Our business does not need another disruption like the red shirt protesets or new floods. We are in the entertainment business, we don't need more trouble dammit.

You own a bar?

No. Event management.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

I wouldn't put much weight on the "facts" on that article, but a large Red Shirt mass rally would be the perfect (coincidentally of course!) time for Thaksin to simply drop by at Suvharnabumi. There would be a conveniently large group of fanatics at hand to stand behind him and justice. Justice of course highly unlikely to come from the government as I don't think they'll lift a finger to enforce court rulings against their boss; so that would leave the army to have a go at apprehending Thaksin. There a Ready-Made mob comes very handy, specially if they just happen to be heavily armed, again.

History repeats itself.

There would appear to be a missing element here in Thailand. There doesn't appear to be any righteousness or any demands that serve the interests of more than a few people.

• Like 1

So, basicly, Thaksin is planning on overthrowing his sister's government?

And all, just so he can get back in the catbird's seat.

What a guy!!!

Sounds a lot like Bangkok will be burning again. Maybe we should hope the puppet is unable to implement any flood control. We may need the water to quench Bangkok.

C'mon, all he wants is too come back to his homeland, with big hugs and sorry from every one, poor guy, must be lonely out there in Emerite land, actually,he has enough money to make a new replica of Thailand, right next to Disneyland or some where, probably get more visitors too...lol

Thaksin, who lives in self-exile in the United Arab Emirates, ordered that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, his younger sister, be kept in the dark about the war room's creation so that she may honestly deny its existence if questioned by the press.

Yes lets keep it a secret ..... there is no war room .... its only a rumor .

ordered that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, his younger sister, be kept in the dark...

She is in the dark about everything anyway....the point is?????

Why do red shirts need to hold more demonstrations?

PT are in pon power, a a Shiniwatra is in powier?

Are they just bored and have nothing better to do?

Does sponge bob square pants just like to read his name in prinit?

at first sight of this news the same thoughts came to my mind. Probably, he is getting bored too much.

He wants to come back as he loves his country so much wai.gif

But protest for what? ....against what?

I just seriously don't get this. Why are the journo's giving this criminal any media attention at all. What is this guy doing giving orders and stating that Thailands PM must be kept in the dark? He seems to be doing a practice run for the position he ultimately wants. The media is allowing this man to become self appointed President!!! He needs stopping/silencing quickly.

... the media gives the criminal Thaksin air time and print because he makes them money ... the Thai media is has nothing to do with journalistic integrity ... Thais are all about the money!

... and Thai greed is more powerful than their Buddha.

Edited by swillowbee
  • Like 2

Thaksin, who lives in self-exile in the United Arab Emirates, ordered that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, his younger sister, be kept in the dark about the war room's creation so that she may honestly deny its existence if questioned by the press.

Yes lets keep it a secret ..... there is no war room .... its only a rumor .

Dont care what they do the rich will rule

though the credibility of that report, story, yarn...whatever, is pretty much non-existent imo

Well, it didn't come from the Nation. That lifts the credibility a few notches.

I had to go back to check if it was a Notthenation piece.

What future for satire in Thailand now, when the boundary of the ridiculous has been pushed so far back?

SC

I just seriously don't get this. Why are the journo's giving this criminal any media attention at all. What is this guy doing giving orders and stating that Thailands PM must be kept in the dark? He seems to be doing a practice run for the position he ultimately wants. The media is allowing this man to become self appointed President!!! He needs stopping/silencing quickly.

... the media gives the criminal Thaksin air time and print because he makes them money ... the Thai media is has nothing to do with journalistic integrity ... Thais are all about the money!

... and Thai greed is more powerful than their Buddha.

Not sure if Thai media or journalists are the problem here. The article appears in a publication owned by Sondhi Limithongkul and is written by two US retirees with a disclaimer " the views expressed here are their own" .

Well, it didn't come from the Nation. That lifts the credibility a few notches.

Asia Times Online was created in 1999 and sees itself as the successor to Sondhi Limthongkul's* Asia Times that closed in 1997.

Who is talking about credibility ? biggrin.png

* Sondhi Limthongkul is the leader of the right-wing People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD)

Asia Times on-line may consider itself to be the successor to an original Asia Times newspaper... But the on-line version has absolutely nothing to do with Sondhi..... you need to take a job with The Nation... or stop believing your wife..!

Why always involving women ?

Do you have mommy issues passifier.gif ?