Thailand's Thaksin Prepares For War

webfact

Asia Times Online was created in 1999 and sees itself as the successor to Sondhi Limthongkul's* Asia Times that closed in 1997.

Who is talking about credibility ? biggrin.png

* Sondhi Limthongkul is the leader of the right-wing People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD)

Asia Times on-line may consider itself to be the successor to an original Asia Times newspaper... But the on-line version has absolutely nothing to do with Sondhi..... you need to take a job with The Nation... or stop believing your wife..!

Why always involving women ?

Do you have mommy issues passifier.gif ?

I could be wrong but Wiki has Sondhi down as the owner:

Asia Times Online is incorporated and registered in Hong Kong[1] and is owned by Sondhi Limthongkul.[2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia_Times_Online

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always scare when a country feels a need to have pro-government demonstrations when there are no anti-government demonstrations going on.

Clearly this is the path to reconciliation.

Well, even my die hard friends from Issan, who backed Yingluck without question, are now openly scorning her, and referring to her as hapless, incompetent, ignorant, and unable to lead the country. So, when that happens you know there is a need to stimulate the masses, who are losing faith in the ability of this absolute neophyte to at least appear to be in control. And for those of us who took a wait and see approach to the whole thing, we have long ago given up on this rather feeble leader. Of course, the alternative Abhisit was a bought and paid for whore, who was only interested in doing the bidding of the Army, and in helping to protect the fortunes of the richest in Thailand, so was he any better?

Always scare when a country feels a need to have pro-government demonstrations when there are no anti-government demonstrations going on.

Well, even my die hard friends from Issan, who backed Yingluck without question, are now openly scorning her, and referring to her as hapless, incompetent, ignorant, and unable to lead the country. So, when that happens you know there is a need to stimulate the masses, who are losing faith in the ability of this absolute neophyte to at least appear to be in control. And for those of us who took a wait and see approach to the whole thing, we have long ago given up on this rather feeble leader. Of course, the alternative Abhisit was a bought and paid for whore, who was only interested in doing the bidding of the Army, and in helping to protect the fortunes of the richest in Thailand, so was he any better?

Well the problem I would guess is that the folks in Issan do see another option and that is the real Thaksin and not his sister who I'm sure he would destroy politically in a heartbeat to get back in power.

I just seriously don't get this. Why are the journo's giving this criminal any media attention at all. What is this guy doing giving orders and stating that Thailands PM must be kept in the dark? He seems to be doing a practice run for the position he ultimately wants. The media is allowing this man to become self appointed President!!! He needs stopping/silencing quickly.

... the media gives the criminal Thaksin air time and print because he makes them money ... the Thai media is has nothing to do with journalistic integrity ... Thais are all about the money!

... and Thai greed is more powerful than their Buddha.

Not sure if Thai media or journalists are the problem here. The article appears in a publication owned by Sondhi Limithongkul and is written by two US retirees with a disclaimer " the views expressed here are their own" .

Journalists ? A quick search on google for "John Cole and Steve Sciacchitano" makes for interesting read.

IMO they are Sondhi's pens for hire when he looks for some "western credential"

• Like 1

Journalists ? A quick search on google for "John Cole and Steve Sciacchitano" makes for interesting read.

IMO they are Sondhi's pens for hire when he looks for some "western credential"

Not really much different from Robert A., you mean ?

• Like 1

So, basicly, Thaksin is planning on overthrowing his sister's government?

And all, just so he can get back in the catbird's seat.

What a guy!!!

Sounds a lot like Bangkok will be burning again. Maybe we should hope the puppet is unable to implement any flood control. We may need the water to quench Bangkok.

Correct. After he knew that her sister went to a hotel with another man to plot something against him.

You see seldom more nonsense in an article than in a piece of two former American pussyhunters who have no clue what they are talking about. Always good to see that the Royalusts still believe in fairy takes

Much like Canadian Lawyers.

• Like 1

Thats a great way to attract tourists....make a public statement declaring that you're setting up a 'war room' for impending pro-government marches (riots)... TIT..hit-the-fan.gif

As opposed to saying, "WE HAVE NO TERRORISTS, D'YA HEAR, NO, NONE, ANYHOW!!! They are only Tourists from our Friends in Iran, honest Guv. And don't believe those nasty, lieing Yanks, or Brits or............

The source of the information is the military. Anyone who believes anything the military says, and I mean any military leaders, in any country, needs to end his vacation in the "Merry-old-land of Oz." People make careers of the military because they cannot or will not do anything useful.

This article has an astonishing amount of detail about operations, tactics, and what one might assume would be very hard to dig out let alone get published. The publishing source would lead us to believe that it is a rallying call for anti-Thaksin partisans to get serious. These two writers are graduates of the Royal Thai Military Command and General College and were SE Asian foreign affairs officers. A likely guess is that "foreign affairs officer" is a euphemism for another organization that would have privy to this level of detail.

Whatever happened to the Japanese? What with all their concern about their huge investment in Thai manufacturing. Are they withdrawing from Thailand? We don't hear anything about them and their views on Thailand at all. They are usually a good barometer if serious trouble is brewing and it would be good to know what they are up to about Thailand. If trouble is at a serious stage as this article would indicate, then global alliances would have to keep fishing or cutting bait.

The source of the information is the military. Anyone who believes anything the military says, and I mean any military leaders, in any country, needs to end his vacation in the "Merry-old-land of Oz." People make careers of the military because they cannot or will not do anything useful.

And what, pray tell do you do that is useful??

Edited by Rooo
Flame removed.

Well the problem I would guess is that the folks in Issan do see another option and that is the real Thaksin and not his sister who I'm sure he would destroy politically in a heartbeat to get back in power.

That would be terrible, destroying Yingluck's long, hard fought political career, all those years of struggle advancing her ideals and relentless work for the betterment of the country, destroyed just like that. How awful.

• Like 1

though the credibility of that report, story, yarn...whatever, is pretty much non-existent imo

Well, it didn't come from the Nation. That lifts the credibility a few notches.

Asia Times Online was created in 1999 and sees itself as the successor to Sondhi Limthongkul's* Asia Times that closed in 1997.

Who is talking about credibility ? biggrin.png

* Sondhi Limthongkul is the leader of the right-wing People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD)

Asia Times on-line may consider itself to be the successor to an original Asia Times newspaper... But the on-line version has absolutely nothing to do with Sondhi..... you need to take a job with The Nation... or stop believing your wife..!

If by owning the online version means he has absolutely nothing to do with it then I see where you are coming from. Otherwise, you should stop believing your wife! Load of bullsh*t as usual from Sondhi and his cronies.

Yet another post that pours scorn on Abhist without knowing the facts or understanding where Abhisit came from. Beats me!

• Like 1

Establishing a universal 300B national minimum-wage, distributing millions of notepad-computers to students, making health-care free for all, paying guaranteed-prices for rice-farmers, achieving reconciliation without revenge, cutting fuel-prices, their record is astounding ! laugh.png

Hey, not ALL of their promises were complete BS. The government LOWERED corporate income tax from 30% to 23%. When it comes to stuffing the pockets of the elite they don't forget their obligations. Finally a government for the common man. I just never knew the common man in Thailand was in favor of tax cuts for the rich.

• Like 1

I doubt the whole story. Thaksin knows it plain and simple - he ain't coming back to Thailand any time soon as the Army is standing right behind the judicary and has his number. Pheu Thai know where they stand. All of them know that any thing outside of a what passes for the patheiic democratic process that they are attempting is going to draw a response from the Army. They will also know the Army won't be as nice next time around.

• Like 1