Thailand's Thaksin Prepares For War

webfact

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amsterdam paints a very pretty picture for his client and is well paid for it. But he spins real facts and real events to his benefit. He spins a lot, but he does it very well.

Spins real facts? When you get to the crux of all of Amsterdam's arguments you found the same general theme, that being that Thaksin is an innocent law-abiding man benevolently fighting for democracy and for the interests of others.

Agree, in other words amsterdam is untruthful.

ianf, #37

Do some people have no idea at all about what the red movement represents? Such naievity is astounding! The reds fought for democracy. Really? Do we now have a democratic government in Thailand? I am sorry chaps, this is about anti-democracy and the struggle of one man to become the supreme dictator. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Count me as one of the people who have a very good idea of what the Red Shirt Movement represents.

Given my grizzled no-nonsense perceptiveness, not many who know me, would consider my naiive as ianf would seek to characterize me..

The comments above are strongly indicative that the author has had little, if any, meaningful interaction with the Red Shirts. His take is perfectly aligned with the anti-Red Shirt Opposition agenda. That agenda being one of demonizing these people by reducing their political motivations to a simplified non-political context....focussed on what the author describes above, devoid of political insight.

This is grossly offensive to these people, and is the height of arrogance as represented by the elite, pinnacled by Abhi, who couldn't get elected of his life depended on it.

Without belabouring the point, suffice it to say that this Political Movement came into being as an oppositional movement to a coup. A political motivation if there ever was one. As much as the coup-ists beat on them until the last election, they held true to their goal.

They achieved it last July.

Nothing more, nothing less, and also not very complicated.

You say ....Count me as one of the people who have a very good idea of what the Red Shirt Movement represents. ....

So why don't you enlighten us, and explain why they have never produced any literature whatever which explains the true meaning of democracy, and why none of their leaders, including the paymaster have never given a stand up presentation about this subject, and share just when did the paymaster flip from his oft mentioed ''' I have no interest in democracy / democracy is not important for Thailand ''' backed up by gagging and harrassing the media. Just for a start.

Perhaps you'd like to also enlighten us about what the red shirts are going to do, in some structured way to build pure quality democarcy and also share what their structured approach is to stopping abuse of fair and balanced application of the law.

And yes their is deep inequity in this country, the poor / the rural poor have a tough time and get little respect from their own who have found their way to the feeding trough. They deserve better, so what is their structured strategy to achieve change. You claim to have access to these folks, why not share all of the above, maybe we might all learn something.

Or, is it a secret? Or, is there in fact no substance, meaning that your just a troll?

Waiting.

Conjure up a country that has a perfect Government?

That is what a Red Shirt Government looks likeclap2.gif

What an elaborate answer, nothing short of brilliant. Coward.

I just seriously don't get this. Why are the journo's giving this criminal any media attention at all. What is this guy doing giving orders and stating that Thailands PM must be kept in the dark? He seems to be doing a practice run for the position he ultimately wants. The media is allowing this man to become self appointed President!!! He needs stopping/silencing quickly.

He is rich.

He aligned himself with the global powerful creep-filled organisations which 'dabble' in the affairs of 'nation-states'; which is fine really, except when they smirk because they sell the illusion on one hand to their victims; and then slither their creepy caressing fingers up the boxers of other 'sovereign nation-states'. Thailand, like many other nations presently, have become the victims of globalist creeps who are not interested in globalisation. One love, one humanity, one world? hah.

These guys want it all. It's ironic, that they're the most brilliant guys in the world; and they'll spend their entire lives playing a game they can't win. Because if they won, they'd be so horrified at the world they've created, they'd drop the world. Nobody wants to control robots. But these creeps are too smart to listen to reason. They're only interested in playing the oldest game in the book.

Knock it down.

Build it up.

Oh look at that. They know the guys with the only stores in town.

Thaksin is the CFR's man 'in' Thailand. Which means he's a traitor, in every sense of the word; but then you'd be surprised how little any of us truly understands about betrayal. I use the words 'traitor' and 'treason' somewhat tongue-in-cheek these days.

There would appear to be a missing element here in Thailand. There doesn't appear to be any righteousness or any demands that serve the interests of more than a few people.

I have noticed this phenomenon, myself. Here, there and in every nation on the planet. Imprinted vassals are a tough side to cheer for. They really cannot win, can they.

Of course, the alternative Abhisit was a bought and paid for whore, who was only interested in doing the bidding of the Army, and in helping to protect the fortunes of the richest in Thailand, so was he any better?

populist29.jpg

Google "Abhisit welfare state" and then do the right thing. Because if you're really this ignorant, then you know what the thing you need to do is. And if you're not, then you KNOW what you need to do. Do it.

It will only hurt for a moment.

Then you will be at peace.

Well, it was worth a shot.

Count me as one of the people who have a very good idea of what the Red Shirt Movement represents.

This is grossly offensive to these people, and is the height of arrogance as represented by the elite, pinnacled by Abhi, who couldn't get elected of his life depended on it.

I was (momentarily) an admirer of yours; believing, quite 'obviously', that you were running a rather tidy little sequence of satirical levels. But then I realised with some horror; you're a real human being! Who really believes these things you're saying!

And what's more, you really believe we should believe them too...!

Buddy. Let me do you a favour. I swear on my life and the lives of my mothers and sisters that this will be the finest things you'll ever learn; if you're capable of learning a thing. I'm being genuine.

You desperately need to spend as long as it takes; hours, weeks, months, years - AS LONG AS IT TAKES - to understand what John le Carre's haunting masterpiece "A Perfect Spy" was really all about. As it's the finest novel written in all of human history (at least, the finest which has been permitted to be published); I am certain it wouldn't interest you.

But all you really need to understand is the running theme. Which is:

"You can only be betrayed by those you love."

- john le carre

Magnus Pym is a little creep who wasn't so bad - he was just so desperate to please everyone that he ends up getting played by everyone (who - obviously - are oblivious to the obvious fact that double and triple agents are what their name would suggest they might be). Poor little Pym. Kid just wanted to PLEASE so badly; he reminded me of some kids that terrified me once, in Silom - of course, Magnus pleased no one in the end, much like the kids in Silom, I cannot help but imagine). When you're that desperate to please, you cannot please anybody. But you will hurt everybody when you're desperate for everyone's approval. And they - these creeps - they will hurt you. Trust me. You won't need to.

Pym hurts everyone, obviously; but only because he wanted to be loved. So he tried to please everybody. Does any of this sound familiar?

The ongoing theme of le Carre's masterpiece is primarily drilling the insanity that is "exploitation" and "need to control" - no one wins in these insane games. But when you've lost very badly, I bet you might be confused about Winning v Losing. But no one wins. The victim and the victimised. It's just a chain reaction of pain. Humans play games like this impossibly brilliantly; but these aren't games that anyone has - ever - Won. Fact.

Magnus Pym was The Perfect Spy. Manipulated by everyone, who all thought they were so crafty; they arrogantly and cruelly harvested him ever more brutally. They all believed they were the guy in control. But no one was in control. No one ever is. Pym wasn't. He was miserable, just stressing trying to make sure everyone was pleased. He was so controlled, he lost control. He was uncontrollable; but that didn't stop his handlers from imagining that they were...in control. Such shrewd, manipulative humans.

In closing, Pym writes a farewell note to his wife, as an afterthought to the novel he wrote to his kid. He scribbles her this message:

"If love is what we can still betray, remember I betrayed you on a lot of days."

You, of all posters I've read this year (all of whom need to understand what the above [truly] sentence is all about) - need to understand what this sentence is all about. The Truth is in the above sentence, and it will not set you free. Freedom is only important to slaves, it's a fallacy - an idiotic illusion. Not even the most powerful man alive is 'free'.

The Truth will never set you free.

But it can give you a better kind of slavery.

"Love is whatever you can still betray."

- john le carre

---------

If you're confused, I can - and will - clarify things for you. But I swear on my life you couldn't hardly learn a more valuable Truth about reality than this one you are being exposed to, today. Courtesy of the finest novelist alive, and the finest of all his brilliant novels.

though the credibility of that report, story, yarn...whatever, is pretty much non-existent imo

Well, it didn't come from the Nation. That lifts the credibility a few notches.

Asia Times Online was created in 1999 and sees itself as the successor to Sondhi Limthongkul's* Asia Times that closed in 1997.

Who is talking about credibility ? biggrin.png

* Sondhi Limthongkul is the leader of the right-wing People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD)

But is there any real connection between it and a news source 15 years defunct? The authors seem to be well informed and credentialed, though I doubt they would get this article published in any "red" rag - well maybe the "non-existing credibility interesting part."

my posts to anyone who just wasn't in the mood to troll would read like it was meant.

"that's interesting, but the article is not credible"

but not to you eh.

though with questions like "But is there any real connection between it and a news source 15 years defunct?"

maybe you weren't trolling and you just don't 'get it'.

Thaksin is pathologically set on taking full control partly because that was his original aim before being deposed, after his term expired, but also because of the revenge motive. No revenge is complete unless you take MORE than they took from you. He sees them as having taken what he hadn't yet gotten control of.

So he has a war room to track coup makers. This is just claptrap to keep pushing the 'eminent coup button' in his Red Followers. Preaching to the choir. Things have slowed to a crawl for Thaksins personal plans, the Red Troupes are getting restless, and he needs to keep feeding them red meat to make them stay on point till his next move. It also explains the Amsterdam-lead online Perception Management moves we can see lately.

Clearly they are moving to make a bundle on Water Retention and Spillway purchases through their friends, shills and proxies, hence the meeting with real-estate moguls, in secret last week. But before this cash cow of kick-backs can be spread around, he must still keep his street branch placated, and angry. Letting them become complacent isn't an option. Letting them imagine they will be the front line defense against a coup, makes them imagine they are empowered and important.

Nice comment. Soooo true!!

clap2.gif

• Like 1

History repeats itself.

We have seen such thing happen again and again all over the world, and this won't be the last.

The up-raising of the common people.

To struggle for a more open and free democratic society.

Last happen in USSR, Romania, Yogoslavia, East Timore, Tibet, Egypt, Iraq, etc

We congratulate then if the up-raising is a success.

We condem then if the up-raising fails.

Do you really believe that last time Thaksin was PM that there was freedom and democracy?, part of that so called democracy is freedom of speech and a Sound justice system I may add.

HI all.

Something is definitely afoot, It is said by some Thai people in Khonkaen that the Yingluck supporters on her tour of the flood area's are a paid red mob and that no local people can get anywhere near to ask an awkward question.

Also the community website Khonkaen Link has closed its political pages due probably to the many

negative comments about Yingluck and the Pheu Thai government.

It is as if the Reds and the government are daring the the Army to come out, they are saying, Stop us if you dare, it woud suit the Red cause to orchestrate some dead Reds same as in BKK.

They have seen world opinion turn again'st the soldiers in Syria , to many dead.and they want the same to happen here, yay for Red Democracy.

phupaman

HI all.

Something is definitely afoot, It is said by some Thai people in Khonkaen that the Yingluck supporters on her tour of the flood area's are a paid red mob and that no local people can get anywhere near to ask an awkward question.

Also the community website Khonkaen Link has closed its political pages due probably to the many

negative comments about Yingluck and the Pheu Thai government.

It is as if the Reds and the government are daring the the Army to come out, they are saying, Stop us if you dare, it woud suit the Red cause to orchestrate some dead Reds same as in BKK.

They have seen world opinion turn again'st the soldiers in Syria , to many dead.and they want the same to happen here, yay for Red Democracy.

phupaman

Although I do not doubt your word for 1 second, but if if what the Thai's have been saying ,that Yinluck was unapproachable owing to a bevy "red guards" why have the News media not picked up on it? .

Ignoring him unfortunately may be a bad option. A bit like ignoring cancer.

true

Wrong!

It would be a bit like ignoring the largest political block in Thailand. A block comprising the electoral majority, as was born out last July.

Ignoring that, is done at the Opposition's own peril. Ignoring it and not learning some lessons, will keep them in the political wilderness in the foreseeable future.

A majority political block is not a 'cancer', except to those they humiliate every election. To them it is cancerous indeed.

majic, #117

Of course the view that "Yingluck is in the dark" "is not shared by a Majority of the Electorate" that's because they are all living on the same Mushroom Farm,on cloud cuckoo land!

I have been quite impressed with the Thai electorate.

I recall the no-holds barred assault during Samak's election campaign by the Opposition media.

Likewise during Ms. Y's election campaign.

Yet the electorate saw through this smoke and conducted themselves much differently than the Opposition media expected.

Impressed the hell out of me.

I guess you are easily impressed.

Easily impressed, easily fooled perhaps more to the point.

Not that it really matters because you are nothng more than a troll.

do you even know what a troll means?

Another copy and paste effort. How tedious. Spam, spam, spam, you must even find yourself boring, surely.

Ignoring him unfortunately may be a bad option. A bit like ignoring cancer.

true

Wrong!

It would be a bit like ignoring the largest political block in Thailand. A block comprising the electoral majority, as was born out last July.

Ignoring that, is done at the Opposition's own peril. Ignoring it and not learning some lessons, will keep them in the political wilderness in the foreseeable future.

A majority political block is not a 'cancer', except to those they humiliate every election. To them it is cancerous indeed.

Thaksin is pathologically set on taking full control partly because that was his original aim before being deposed, after his term expired, but also because of the revenge motive. No revenge is complete unless you take MORE than they took from you. He sees them as having taken what he hadn't yet gotten control of.

So he has a war room to track coup makers. This is just claptrap to keep pushing the 'eminent coup button' in his Red Followers. Preaching to the choir. Things have slowed to a crawl for Thaksins personal plans, the Red Troupes are getting restless, and he needs to keep feeding them red meat to make them stay on point till his next move. It also explains the Amsterdam-lead online Perception Management moves we can see lately.

Clearly they are moving to make a bundle on Water Retention and Spillway purchases through their friends, shills and proxies, hence the meeting with real-estate moguls, in secret last week. But before this cash cow of kick-backs can be spread around, he must still keep his street branch placated, and angry. Letting them become complacent isn't an option. Letting them imagine they will be the front line defense against a coup, makes them imagine they are empowered and important.

Let us correct a couple things here without engaging indoctrinated Thaksin haters:

• The coup was a coup against an elected administration. Expiry dates of that Administration was a matter for the next election.
  • There definitely are those who track the coup-ists. Been there, done that....never again!
  • To diminish the politicization of a huge swath of the electorate by suggesting their motives are not political, and only linked to their associations is offensive to them to say the least. Arrogantly stated by Oppositional elements who think they are the only ones in a political context, and all others outside of it, antagonize their opposite. Arrogance that places them outside the political electoral sphere.
  • Being empowered and important is not an illusion. Last July's election demonstrated that very clearly.
  • To denigrate genuine efforts at solving water and spillway solutions, have the same feel to it as when the Opposition tried to use the disaster for their own political purposes, principally being wall-to-wall FROC flogging during the crisis. Now they are turning their attention to demonizing solutions. A little bit like the Tea Party and other Oppositional elements in the USA blocking all Obama initiatives, for fear he may be succesful.

Edited by CalgaryII

Megaphones have no ears and no brain. They just make sounds louder. Garbage in, garbage out, only louder.

Let us correct a couple things here without engaging indoctrinated Thaksin haters:

• The coup was a coup against an elected administration. Expiry dates of that Administration was a matter for the next election.
  • There definitely are those who track the coup-ists. Been there, done that....never again!
  • To diminish the politicization of a huge swath of the electorate by suggesting their motives are not political, and only linked to their associations is offensive to them to say the least. Arrogantly stated by Oppositional elements who think they are the only ones in a political context, and all others outside of it, antagonize their opposite. Arrogance that places them outside the political electoral sphere.
  • Being empowered and important is not an illusion. Last July's election demonstrated that very clearly.
  • To denigrate genuine efforts at solving water and spillway solutions, have the same feel to it as when the Opposition tried to use the disaster for their own political purposes, principally being wall-to-wall FROC flogging during the crisis. Now they are turning their attention to demonizing solutions. A little bit like the Tea Party and other Oppositional elements in the USA blocking all Obama initiatives, for fear he may be succesful.

Which coup? The 2006 military coup wasn't against an elected administration. The disbanding of the PPP because of electoral fraud left the PTP in government. It was when they went to elect a new PM that their coalition fell apart. All the MPs involved in vote for a new PM were elected. Maybe the PTP should have called an election instead of trying to elect a new PM. They mis-read the their coalition partners.

If you think these are "genuine efforts at solving" the flood problems, then you clearly are confused.

If you think it's bad for opposition parties to question and point out issues in government plans, then you aren't the political junkie you purport to be, and you're just another Robert Amsterdam.

Expiry dates of coalition administrations are whenever the coalitions fall apart.

• Like 1

An inevitable critical event which will cause major emotional and political turmoil awaits Thailand. Some people will see this as an opportunity for self-aggrandisement, political gain and access to vast wealth. When it occurs, some people will be much more prepared than others, and be prepared to risk a huge loss of life for personal/family gain.

I wait this date with trepidation, vastly increased by the thought of a megalomaniac with a private militia that he keeps agitated and ready to react, and if the OP can be believed, a war room manned 24/7 to pass along his orders.

BTW a smart move to have the commander of the anti-aircraft division in his pocket if he was planning to fly in by private jet. I wonder if he has bought the air force interceptors as well.

• Like 1

And based on your record of promoting divisiveness, you are contributing to inflaming that scenario. You are thus not an observer, and will eventually be made accountable for it. No freebies, as you say. Not complicated.

Does he want a civil war in Thailand?

If the coup-ists insist on coups instead of electoral democracy, that is exactly what is at risk.

An inevitable critical event which will cause major emotional and political turmoil awaits Thailand. Some people will see this as an opportunity for self-aggrandisement, political gain and access to vast wealth. When it occurs, some people will be much more prepared than others, and be prepared to risk a huge loss of life for personal/family gain.

I wait this date with trepidation, vastly increased by the thought of a megalomaniac with a private militia that he keeps agitated and ready to react, and if the OP can be believed, a war room manned 24/7 to pass along his orders.

BTW a smart move to have the commander of the anti-aircraft division in his pocket if he was planning to fly in by private jet. I wonder if he has bought the air force interceptors as well.

The arrogance of attempting to deprive the largest political block and Movement of a political context is prepostorous.

To suggest that the Opposition and their elements are the only ones motivated by, and in a political context, will be their ongoing irrelevance.

Only when they accept that the electoral majority who elected this Government, are equal, yes equal partners in the political life of Thailand will there be normality within that sphere.

And I am being magnanimous here. The electoral majority vs the minority certainly does not equality make, but to at least to contextualize politically minded people politically, will go a long way to eradicating the distrust between people.

It is OK to attribute political motivations to politically minded people, instead of trying to denigrate political opponents through simplistic political motivations.

Edited by CalgaryII

More irrelevant blather. Please make more "inquiries". We need the variety.

The arrogance of attempting to deprive the largest political block and Movement of a political context is prepostorous.

To suggest that the Opposition and their elements are the only ones motivated by, and in a political context, will be their ongoing irrelevance.

Only when they accept that the electoral majority who elected this Government, are equal, yes equal partners in the political life of Thailand will there be normality within that sphere.

And I am being magnanimous here. The electoral majority vs the minority certainly does not equality make, but to at least to contextualize politically minded people politically, will go a long way to eradicating the distrust between people.

It is OK to attribute political motivations to politically minded people, instead of trying to denigrate political opponents through simplistic political motivations.

It's nice to see that you have finally worked out how to reply. Now note that this function is to REPLY to other posters' comments, not to attach your totally unconnected and irrelevant statements and so gain some badly needed credibility. Please observe this ettiquete.

• Like 1

Does he want a civil war in Thailand?

Obviously he needs some kind of divisions and chaos or how else can he be perceived as Thailand's savior? If nobody needs saving then they don't need a savior ;-)

• Like 2

Megaphones have no ears and no brain. They just make sounds louder. Garbage in, garbage out, only louder.

Reasonableman said.....Megaphones have no ears and no brain. They just make sounds louder. Garbage in, garbage out, only louder.

How true!

It's nice to see that you have finally worked out how to reply. Now note that this function is to REPLY to other posters' comments, not to attach your totally unconnected and irrelevant statements and so gain some badly needed credibility. Please observe this ettiquete.

Thx. for the compliment Ozmick.

Regarding connecting my replies to the comments of Posters, have another read.

See and appreciate the connection. It is there Ozmick. It may take more than just a superficial scan.